Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

feel kind of obligated to take 2h as a stamina user...

• Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    I think they should give the healing buff you get from rally also to the DW skill tree (Maybe the Blade Cloak skill?)
    I think it would be a lot better then the damage it gives every few seconds, as those numbers are pretty low.

2h: Major Berserk + Heal.
    DW: Decreased AOE damage Recieved + heal.

If that's the case, then bows would also want this. And sword and board, because why wouldn't tanks want a heal also?

And while we're at it, why not Destro staff? Why should they be forced to go resto to heal when they are DPS?

From everything you mentioned only SnB has to be close and personal with the enemies if they want to fight (Just like 2h and DW). They however have a huge damage Mitigation, as well as the option to heal when they are facing caster.
    With Bows and Destruction staffs you don't have to go towards your enemy... they (generally) have to come to you if they want to hurt you.
    (I think that close to 70% of the enemies in this game are melee types. Not something that should bother a Long ranged fighter too much if they know how to kite.)

Although i get your logic, the more logical solution would be to strip the healing effect off of the 2h skill line. Since i doubt most people are willing to accept that i would suggest making the other melee option more appealing rather than going after the (general) first choice and kicking it in she shins.

I think they went the other route and created Vigor. And they're cutting the rank needed to unlock it in half soon.
    Do you know if they are they planning to cut every (required) rank in half, or just for that skill?

Anyway, i doubt it would solve the main problem, which is the skill tree itself. DW has no real advantage atm, not even the option to be on par with 2h... and when they lower that skill requirement the 2h have 2 optional skills: Rally (be honest... Major Berserk is a lot better then what DW has to offer) + Vigor, where DW would only have Vigor (a skill outside its own skilltree)
    Edited by Fizzlewizzle on May 27, 2015 6:20PM
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should give the healing buff you get from rally also to the DW skill tree (Maybe the Blade Cloak skill?)
    I think it would be a lot better then the damage it gives every few seconds, as those numbers are pretty low.

2h: Major Berserk + Heal.
    DW: Decreased AOE damage Recieved + heal.

If that's the case, then bows would also want this. And sword and board, because why wouldn't tanks want a heal also?

And while we're at it, why not Destro staff? Why should they be forced to go resto to heal when they are DPS?

From everything you mentioned only SnB has to be close and personal with the enemies if they want to fight (Just like 2h and DW). They however have a huge damage Mitigation, as well as the option to heal when they are facing caster.
    With Bows and Destruction staffs you don't have to go towards your enemy... they (generally) have to come to you if they want to hurt you.
    (I think that close to 70% of the enemies in this game are melee types. Not something that should bother a Long ranged fighter too much if they know how to kite.)

Although i get your logic, the more logical solution would be to strip the healing effect off of the 2h skill line. Since i doubt most people are willing to accept that i would suggest making the other melee option more appealing rather than going after the (general) first choice and kicking it in she shins.

I think they went the other route and created Vigor. And they're cutting the rank needed to unlock it in half soon.
    Do you know if they are they planning to cut every (required) rank in half, or just for that skill?

Anyway, i doubt it would solve the main problem, which is the skill tree itself. DW has no real advantage atm, not even the option to be on par with 2h... and when they lower that skill requirement the 2h have 2 optional skills: Rally (be honest... Major Berserk is a lot better then what DW has to offer) + Vigor, where DW would only have Vigor (a skill outside its own skilltree)

Just for that skill.

Also, DW has the advantage of getting a 2nd 5pc set bonus that 2H doesn't have access to.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like if i don't take the 2h as a stamina user I'm going to be at a great disadvantage in combat. It just seems like the heal from Rally is just so good, I have to take the 2h just for it. (granted I don't have Vigor yet...) I actually prefer dual wield over two hand myself, but 2h has literally the only decent heal for stamina users other than vigor.

Am i crazy for feeling this way? Concerned Nightblade...

I don't run 2H (have no reason for it atm) and strongly dislike its FOTMish-ness, but I really don't blame you or any other stamina build who runs it. I just hope when people are using their two 2H skills 80%+ of the time they feel as cheap as a sous chef serving up limp fries. ;-P

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like if i don't take the 2h as a stamina user I'm going to be at a great disadvantage in combat. It just seems like the heal from Rally is just so good, I have to take the 2h just for it. (granted I don't have Vigor yet...) I actually prefer dual wield over two hand myself, but 2h has literally the only decent heal for stamina users other than vigor.

It's a must for a stam user w/o vigor and all burst builds.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

I don't run 2H (have no reason for it atm) and strongly dislike its FOTMish-ness, but I really don't blame you or any other stamina build who runs it. I just hope when people are using their two 2H skills 80%+ of the time they feel as cheap as a sous chef serving up limp fries. ;-P

Sorry guy, I've been using 2H since Early Access when all of you were telling me how terrible it was and how terrible I am for using it during the Elder Sorcs Online era.

Bonus points for also having been a NB while using it when NB was the hands down worst class in the game and was known more for "lol broken passives and abilities" and running away from fights than killing people.

So no, I don't feel cheap at all. Probably better than it needs to be now w/ the WB changes, but I hardly think anyone could say that I'm FotM, no matter how much people like you may wish that were true to make yourselves feel better when I come to murder you.

I spent over a year walking uphill both way in the snow, hate all you want now that the path is easier.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Nope not at all, I hate playing a fotm build makes me feel cheap and dirty LOL then on the other hand if I want to counter the other fotm players some time you have to for a while :( but it seems like 75% of players are running around with two handers, NB's Sorc's DK's everybody, I wonder why ?
    I have played mmo;s for a very long time and in my experience when a player base gravitates to one weapon or armor set or skill it is because that item is broken and op in some way, like the insata kill and less than a second to kill, things that are not common in mmo combat, I would look for a fix after console release.

The heal is nice from rally.

All the magic users are using staffs and well whats the problem? You use bows or dual wield for ranged. Dual wield and 2h for close up 1v1 fighting. Dual wield and Bows for close up aoe damage. Sword and shield for tanking. It isn't a fotm because everyone is not using it. Take a closer look next time you see people using all kinds of various weapons.
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Lyzaaa wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Stamina NB here. I want to dual wield, but with a lack of heals... I'm forced to 2H with Rally for the heal. I don't want to use it, but I'm really limited without it.

use both,
    dw provides nice ae´s and range options while your secondbar with 2h provides alle the required buffs and heals to feel safe...

Weaponswapping to try and get more dmg out of dual wield or for the ranged setup actually lowers ur damage.. animations take to long.. just stick to 2h NB is the only class that can faceroll everyone witih just 1 bar.. Fear/execute(2h)/suprise attack/ambush and rally.

U can put anything on the 2ndary bar, dark cloak would be nice but honestly.. The problem isn't exactly a NB issue i mean as soon as vigor comes out.. i dunno Nb's have tons of frekain options they can go dual wield on the main bar and resto on the 2ndary and still be fine.

who needs to swap? he´s a NB so the only ability worth to be used from 2h is rally wich is on your second bar with all the buffs.
    while your main(DW) bar contains ambush, surprise attack, flying blades(solo/small or steel tornado when zerging) and two utility options beeing two of either fear, cloak, vigor or sth else i forgott...

Ofc.. cause NB is the only class who woulndt have to swap.

Nb's the class u can fill 1 bar and leave the other empty and faceroll. Innate gapcloser, execute, burst, sustained dps, and one of the most broken CC's, not to mention cleanse etc etc.

Ofc Nb doesnt have to swap hah... Do they even have to use a 2ndary bar or weapon skills at all?
    Edited by Lyzaaa on May 31, 2015 11:17AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, AoE situations exist.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Dual Wield has Steel Tornado, but that's about it's only advantage over 2-hander. I run 2 hander on all my builds, whether it's with DW, 1h & Shield, or Bow on the other bar. It's just hard to beat Rally, not to mention a great charge, execute, AoE with shield, and high damage + CC skill. 2-hander just seems to have it all...