Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console Tranfer- missed the deadline.

DiMarco
DiMarco
Well seems like alot of people miss the deadline including myself. So logically I am going to post a new discussion.

Basically I want to express to my fellow peers that I feel cheated and I feel very upset that I miss the deadline and can no longer qualify.

For personal reasons I miss the small window to get the console transfer and now nobody in customer support is able to help me. Pretty much they say "You snooze you lose."

So I am here to vent and to get my peers support on this. If you are siding with customer support, then I feel you are not doing your role as a fellow gamer peer. Like in the ESO game, we should all be a huge guild and be able to be on the same side about this issue and demand the developers to give us another opportunity to get console transfer.

Having this option will only make the gaming experience richer in my opinion and instead its creating turbulence in the forum community.

thank you,

-Decrepit.
  • Grimnaur
    Grimnaur
    ✭✭✭
    I might be wrong, but I think this might have been brought up in another post. If you can find it, you might want to bring up your problem there.
    “Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.” - J.B.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiMarco wrote: »
    Well seems like alot of people miss the deadline including myself. So logically I am going to post a new discussion.

Basically I want to express to my fellow peers that I feel cheated and I feel very upset that I miss the deadline and can no longer qualify.

For personal reasons I miss the small window to get the console transfer and now nobody in customer support is able to help me. Pretty much they say "You snooze you lose."

So I am here to vent and to get my peers support on this. If you are siding with customer support, then I feel you are not doing your role as a fellow gamer peer. Like in the ESO game, we should all be a huge guild and be able to be on the same side about this issue and demand the developers to give us another opportunity to get console transfer.

Having this option will only make the gaming experience richer in my opinion and instead its creating turbulence in the forum community.

thank you,

-Decrepit.

I think a lot people feel cheated about this topic. A Lot of People but the problem is they blame ZOS instead of blaming the obvious contender themselves or what ever cause them to miss the transfer. ZOS did not promise people a console transfer they promise that they are eligible to get a console transfer if you for fill the qualifications to get it. They gave us a 30 day window. That is more than enough time to buy the transfer. This was a marketing decision from last year because they held back the console version of this game.

Meaning it is not something that was suppose to happen but was an offer that ZOS gave to their players. This is something they did not have to do but did anyway. Now that the game is finally coming to consoles they gave us the opportunity that they promise. This was advertise in most of the important places that you typically get info about this game, like the forums. In spite of this, people still miss the offer because either they were busy with personal issues or forgot about the offer. To be a little blunt ,these personal issues are more important than this offer if they cause you to miss the opportunity for the span of 30 days.There are plenty of people on these forums that have complain about this and they vent out their frustration but their plenty of people who had personal problems as well and still was able to take advantage of this opportunity.

It like missing a opportunity to get a discount of item I really wanted but just could not get it in the span of time or decide to buy a game price because it is low enough to get it but then find out that the game comes of with a game of the year version two weeks later with all the content for a better price then what I bought. Yeah I feel cheated but I was not because it was my decision to buy the game at that time so it was my fault that I did not waited longer.

Now on to the topic on another opportunity for the console transfer. Now this transfer is not suppose to happen at all because it their fault for delaying the game because it was not ready but now it is ready and they promise us an opportunity to get it. Now we were entitled an opportunity if we were qualified for this but we were not entitled this if we miss this. This console transfer is going to be troublesome since ZOS will always have to deal with Sony and Mircrosoft for the transfers to work. So that is why it taking some time for them to actually do the transfer which is next week. This is not something they would want to do all of the time so I think they are not going to do another transfer. Plus a transfer would not make sense after consoles come out since this was for people who took of the offer when they did have the consoles ready but now they are ready and if truly want to play on consoles you have to pay for the game just like everybody else who waited for the game to come out with out and miss the opportunity.

I am sorry that personal reasons cause you to miss the opportunity but a miss opportunity is a miss opportunity. People are just going to have to move on or just like you doing vent about a topic by making several posts that may end up close because of the heated arguments. Though another opportunity for a console would be good for some people this could be abuse and could cause problems later on. So I think is not logical for them to offer this deal later.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would have been logical to comment in one of the other threads on this topic where there is an actual discussion. More activity there keeps the thread at the top of the list and relevant. Making a 100th copy of a thread is a sure fire way to have it ignored and plummet into obscurity.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • onemook
    onemook
    Cuyler wrote: »

It would have been logical to comment in one of the other threads on this topic where there is an actual discussion. More activity there keeps the thread at the top of the list and relevant. Making a 100th copy of a thread is a sure fire way to have it ignored and plummet into obscurity.

Unfortunately those threads are closed by the moderators due to people resorting to name calling and insults.
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    Edited by DiMarco on May 28, 2015 6:04PM
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco

thank you,

-Decrepit.

I think a lot people feel cheated about this topic. A Lot of People but the problem is they blame ZOS instead of blaming the obvious contender themselves or what ever cause them to miss the transfer. ZOS did not promise people a console transfer they promise that they are eligible to get a console transfer if you for fill the qualifications to get it. They gave us a 30 day window. That is more than enough time to buy the transfer. This was a marketing decision from last year because they held back the console version of this game.

Meaning it is not something that was suppose to happen but was an offer that ZOS gave to their players. This is something they did not have to do but did anyway. Now that the game is finally coming to consoles they gave us the opportunity that they promise. This was advertise in most of the important places that you typically get info about this game, like the forums. In spite of this, people still miss the offer because either they were busy with personal issues or forgot about the offer. To be a little blunt ,these personal issues are more important than this offer if they cause you to miss the opportunity for the span of 30 days.There are plenty of people on these forums that have complain about this and they vent out their frustration but their plenty of people who had personal problems as well and still was able to take advantage of this opportunity.

It like missing a opportunity to get a discount of item I really wanted but just could not get it in the span of time or decide to buy a game price because it is low enough to get it but then find out that the game comes of with a game of the year version two weeks later with all the content for a better price then what I bought. Yeah I feel cheated but I was not because it was my decision to buy the game at that time so it was my fault that I did not waited longer.

Now on to the topic on another opportunity for the console transfer. Now this transfer is not suppose to happen at all because it their fault for delaying the game because it was not ready but now it is ready and they promise us an opportunity to get it. Now we were entitled an opportunity if we were qualified for this but we were not entitled this if we miss this. This console transfer is going to be troublesome since ZOS will always have to deal with Sony and Mircrosoft for the transfers to work. So that is why it taking some time for them to actually do the transfer which is next week. This is not something they would want to do all of the time so I think they are not going to do another transfer. Plus a transfer would not make sense after consoles come out since this was for people who took of the offer when they did have the consoles ready but now they are ready and if truly want to play on consoles you have to pay for the game just like everybody else who waited for the game to come out with out and miss the opportunity.

I am sorry that personal reasons cause you to miss the opportunity but a miss opportunity is a miss opportunity. People are just going to have to move on or just like you doing vent about a topic by making several posts that may end up close because of the heated arguments. Though another opportunity for a console would be good for some people this could be abuse and could cause problems later on. So I think is not logical for them to offer this deal later.

Thank you for your insightful information. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I just wanted to comment on your claim that having the opportunity for the transfer console again could cause abuse and could cause problems later on. I disagree, I just see the good coming from it. Honestly, a transfer copy will save me a years worth of playing time on the new console. Having the game on the PC was not my first choice. But because the developers kept on pushing back the game for the console, I proceeded to play on the PC. Almost years worth of playing time!!! It was an investment and I looked forward to getting the transfer and to transfered over to my desired console. This option is no longer available.

Because of this I am no longer switching consoles. I do not wish to start over with a new character from scratch. Some gamers love having multiple characters and love to start from the beginning. I do not have the luxury of time to do that. So my friends and fellow guild members switching over to a different console shall move on without me. I thought the more players in any given console will make the gaming experience more richer. I mean MMO stands for massively multiplayer online game. Every console transfer counts towards achieving this goal....
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    Cuyler wrote: »

Are you sure about this?? I only see the moderators closing them because of heated arguments, trolling, and name calling.
    My objective was to add another thread about the topic of console transfers and how some of us feel cheated/robbed from this opportunity. I would also add that I am also being active on replying to other threads about this topic. This should be a hot topic because the countdown to the console transfer is near and I truly believe there is still time for us get another opportunity for the transfer console. I hope the developers hear our cries and demands.

We play their games and we are the ones that keep the gaming experience alive and i am just urging and hoping that they hear our cries...
  • TheWanderinHobo

thank you,

-Decrepit.

I couldn't disagree more. When they announced that they were pushing back console release, they told us if we bought the pc version by a certain date that we would be able to transfer to console later. At the time there was no tiny window of opportunity mentioned to buy the transfer.

So, they cant deliver when they promised to deliver and now I have to stay on top of every little news post they put up, to make sure I get what I paid (double) for? The game was pushed back for a year! I had better things to do and clearly so did a lot of other people. It just really upsets me that I have been with the Elder Scrolls franchise since Morrowind and now I am going to have this bitter split.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Misinformation and Conspiracy Theories]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 29, 2015 10:57PM
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    30 days is not tiny...Heck If I wanted to transfer I would be looking everyday because I knew the console game was coming out. Sorry it happened to you but there was ample time.
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    KraziJoe wrote: »
    30 days is not tiny...Heck If I wanted to transfer I would be looking everyday because I knew the console game was coming out. Sorry it happened to you but there was ample time.

Some people do not have the luxury of all that free time buddy. Obviously if "there was ample time" people would not be contacting customer support or posting on the forums that they missed the deadline. You get what I am saying. This is common sense when you think about it.

And they say they were announcing it all over, but I do not spend all my free time in nonsense websites. I am a professional with 2 jobs and a baby on the way. I have other things on my mind and other priorities in life.

I never got an email saying " console transfer has arrived." and trust me I always check my emails. This is the only way I stay communicated.

I would of preferred to pre-purchase the console transfer, just like you can pre-purchase the console game. Funny how you can pre-purchase the console game since a year ago, yet you could not pre-purchase the console transfer! Do you see a problem with that???

Or I would of prefer an option where they charge my credit card on file when the transfer copy is available and some kind of icon on my account saying I agree to these terms.

But yet they made us wait for almost a year and expect us to catch it during 1 month many months later. If you ask me, it sounded like they slid it thru the cracks knowing some people will miss out. And I am so upset because being an ESO Plus member means nothing!

• beardedJoe
    beardedJoe
    ✭✭✭

30 days is nothing i work and have a family i can blink my eyes and 30 days go by fast, especially when you have stuff to do outside of checking gaming website all the time. days go by soo fast its insane, i didnt even know this was coming out till the other day i thought it was still a year out
  • beardedJoe
    beardedJoe
    ✭✭✭

Some people do not have the luxury of all that free time buddy. Obviously if "there was ample time" people would not be contacting customer support or posting on the forums that they missed the deadline. You get what I am saying. This is common sense when you think about it.

And they say they were announcing it all over, but I do not spend all my free time in nonsense websites. I am a professional with 2 jobs and a baby on the way. I have other things on my mind and other priorities in life.

I never got an email saying " console transfer has arrived." and trust me I always check my emails. This is the only way I stay communicated.

I would of preferred to pre-purchase the console transfer, just like you can pre-purchase the console game. Funny how you can pre-purchase the console game since a year ago, yet you could not pre-purchase the console transfer! Do you see a problem with that???

Or I would of prefer an option where they charge my credit card on file when the transfer copy is available and some kind of icon on my account saying I agree to these terms.

But yet they made us wait for almost a year and expect us to catch it during 1 month many months later. If you ask me, it sounded like they slid it thru the cracks knowing some people will miss out. And I am so upset because being an ESO Plus member means nothing!

thank you someone else who understands holy crap , these guys are defending this crappy tiny lil 30-day window transfer scam like they came up with it
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Misinformation and Conspiracy Theories]

Thank You!
    <3

& logically speaking its not a trickle in, lets do a few migrations today to console & a few more tomorrow...
    there was probably a cutoff because all the migrations will likely happen together in one burst packet of data, so maybe they will offer us another 30 day window at some point, but until & even then it IS "you snooze you loose"!

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I bought my transfer on time but I understand and support people who did not. I would be upset and probably quit the game if I had missed the deadline. I do not think is good business for Zenimax to upset so many customers and may hurt the game in the long run. I want more people to play with in my Xbox One so please Zenimax do something. :)
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »
    I bought my transfer on time but I understand and support people who did not. I would be upset and probably quit the game if I had missed the deadline. I do not think is good business for Zenimax to upset so many customers and may hurt the game in the long run. I want more people to play with in my Xbox One so please Zenimax do something. :)

do people HONESTLY not get that there is likely VERY good reasons as to the limit.

1. to limit the amount of maxed characters right at aluch
    2. Console companies might have not wanted this, and this was the max they allowed
    3. it is VERY hard to change data from PC to a console (or visa versa) they use very differendt software and code is very different
    4. The amount of time to do it would also limit it as well possibly

BTW, this is the first game i have EVER seen that is not cross-console, but allows you to transfer a character over to the console.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox uses windows, PS uses Linux. Yeah, very very different software. Software from outer limits. Meh.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    Xbox uses windows, PS uses Linux. Yeah, very very different software. Software from outer limits. Meh.

yeah, differently coded. PCs cannot run Xbox games without an emulator, and an XBOX cannot run ANYTHING related to windows unless hardcoded into it....
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Cagro wrote: »

do people HONESTLY not get that there is likely VERY good reasons as to the limit.

1. to limit the amount of maxed characters right at aluch
    2. Console companies might have not wanted this, and this was the max they allowed
    3. it is VERY hard to change data from PC to a console (or visa versa) they use very differendt software and code is very different
    4. The amount of time to do it would also limit it as well possibly

BTW, this is the first game i have EVER seen that is not cross-console, but allows you to transfer a character over to the console.

If what you speak of is true,

1. Answer To limit the amount of maxed characters at launch? Do you know what MMO means? MMO: Massively Multiplayer Online If they gonna have a cap on consoles, then make it a strictly PC game!!!
    2. Answer Can you provide some proof of this so I may research this and confirm this. I will be extremely shock if this is true. thank you.
    3. Answer I understand code and software may be different. If they cant execute, then thats not my problem. I just want what was promised to me. If it was going to be so chaotic, then maybe they should of thought of a different approach or some other offer.
    4. Answer They had at a MINIMUM a year to do this since they first pushed back the console game sale. They must have a small staff or not enough smart engineers. IDK nothing about this and really cant comment on this.

-DiMarco
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco

Can you elaborate more on this please. Like what do you mean by "software from the outer limits"?

thanks,

DiMarco
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    PKMN12 wrote: »

yeah, differently coded. PCs cannot run Xbox games without an emulator, and an XBOX cannot run ANYTHING related to windows unless hardcoded into it....

But what does this have to do with the transfer console??

You mean transferring the character from PC to xbox/ps4 is the problem? Seems like they are launching this its already been solved. if it is, then shouldnt it be easier to transfer over who ever wants now??

• Preist
    Preist
    beardedJoe wrote: »

30 days is nothing i work and have a family i can blink my eyes and 30 days go by fast, especially when you have stuff to do outside of checking gaming website all the time. days go by soo fast its insane, i didnt even know this was coming out till the other day i thought it was still a year out

Thank 30 days is nothing when you have a full time job kids to worry about and a girlfriend to take out. I hope Zeni is reading this I just got of the phone with Steven in your customer support you guys should give him a raise. this is after I contacted you guys through email April 9th 2015 after I couldnt purchase the transfer for my account. The person that I dealt with was not helpful at all and really made a bad situation even worse. After talking to Steven I feel better about why you guys did what you did but wish that you would accept a little responsibility for the miss communication that led to me (and Im sure many others) not being able to transfer on APRIL 9th your own deadline. 10 am on the 9th can hardly be called April 9th in my opinion. I only bought the game on PC because you said there would be a transfer.(not a 30 day transfer with 10 am on said day being the end of it)I even tried to purchase it that morning around 8 am but your system wouldnt let me purchase it. I said ok I will take care of this once I get home from work after 6pm. When I got home what did i find no PS4 transfer anywhere. At this point Im willing to pay for a code to just transfer the game I dont even care about the PC content. I really just want to be able to play on my PS4 with out purchasing a game I have on PC that I never really wanted in the 1st place. I know you guys can make this happen too. I implore you to do the right thing and let "US" have our console transfers.
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    Preist wrote: »
    beardedJoe wrote: »

Thank 30 days is nothing when you have a full time job kids to worry about and a girlfriend to take out. I hope Zeni is reading this I just got of the phone with Steven in your customer support you guys should give him a raise. this is after I contacted you guys through email April 9th 2015 after I couldnt purchase the transfer for my account. The person that I dealt with was not helpful at all and really made a bad situation even worse. After talking to Steven I feel better about why you guys did what you did but wish that you would accept a little responsibility for the miss communication that led to me (and Im sure many others) not being able to transfer on APRIL 9th your own deadline. 10 am on the 9th can hardly be called April 9th in my opinion. I only bought the game on PC because you said there would be a transfer.(not a 30 day transfer with 10 am on said day being the end of it)I even tried to purchase it that morning around 8 am but your system wouldnt let me purchase it. I said ok I will take care of this once I get home from work after 6pm. When I got home what did i find no PS4 transfer anywhere. At this point Im willing to pay for a code to just transfer the game I dont even care about the PC content. I really just want to be able to play on my PS4 with out purchasing a game I have on PC that I never really wanted in the 1st place. I know you guys can make this happen too. I implore you to do the right thing and let "US" have our console transfers

You actually talked to customer support??
    I gave them my number and they just replied by email. Geeeeez.
    I think some people in customer support is actually nice and they understand what is happening here.
    Unfortunately they are only following orders from higher up above.

So, I changed my Avatar to show how I have been "transformed." This is how I now feel after this missed opportunity.

Honestly, I feel they should of launch the PC, xbox, and playstation all at once and avoided all this mess. But here we are now all tangled up. Are they really telling me, "sorry but good luck." Not cool.

For now we should:

1.Provide feedback from the command in game.
    2. Contact customer support, pass the word and tell your friends to support us and keep bugging them on the issue.
    3. Anything else that you think is just.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 2, 2015 12:20AM
  • Preist
    Preist
    Yes I did but it only because I tracked down a phone number for them and waited on the phone instead of agreeing for a call back. And again Im glad I did because the guy was very helpful(actually one of the more helpful customer support guys Ive dealt with) I agree with you also at this point I wish they hadnt even said anything about a transfer because I dont want to play on PC so I havent. My character may be level eight I really wanted this on my PS4 because I have a ton of MMOs on my PC but only Warframe and DC Online on my PS4....They really dont cut it. So from the beginning I was always like ESO Im gonna get it it on my PS4 so will have an MMO for it. But I guess Zeni just played me for a sucker I wasted the money purchasing the PC version but Im not gonna pay full price for the PS4 version. SO I guess Im SOL and will go back to Archeage
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    Yes I did but it only because I tracked down a phone number for them and waited on the phone instead of agreeing for a call back. And again Im glad I did because the guy was very helpful(actually one of the more helpful customer support guys Ive dealt with) I agree with you also at this point I wish they hadnt even said anything about a transfer because I dont want to play on PC so I havent. My character may be level eight I really wanted this on my PS4 because I have a ton of MMOs on my PC but only Warframe and DC Online on my PS4....They really dont cut it. So from the beginning I was always like ESO Im gonna get it it on my PS4 so will have an MMO for it. But I guess Zeni just played me for a sucker I wasted the money purchasing the PC version but Im not gonna pay full price for the PS4 version. SO I guess Im SOL and will go back to Archeage

Ahhh, taking step 3. Nice.

I am taking step 3 as well. I will no longer be an ESO plus member and will also not purchase the console game. I am saving money on the long run. So I guess its really my gain and there lost. ;)
    Edited by DiMarco on June 2, 2015 7:11PM
  • Preist
    Preist
    Man this sucks seeing all this info and post and streams and not being able to participate. I almost broke down yesterday @Bestbuy. And bought another copy cause I really want this on PS4, but my girlfriend was like you shouldn't you already bought a copy unless you can get it for 20 dollars "just say No". Come on Zenimax give a bone. How was I supposed to know that April 9th ended at 10am on April 9th. I even tried to purchase a copy before work that morning but for some reason your system wouldn't let the purchase go through. Man :'( this sucks
  • DiMarco
    DiMarco
    Man this sucks seeing all this info and post and streams and not being able to participate. I almost broke down yesterday @Bestbuy. And bought another copy cause I really want this on PS4, but my girlfriend was like you shouldn't you already bought a copy unless you can get it for 20 dollars "just say No". Come on Zenimax give a bone. How was I supposed to know that April 9th ended at 10am on April 9th. I even tried to purchase a copy before work that morning but for some reason your system wouldn't let the purchase go through. Man :'( this sucks

I feel you man. Same thing here, why would i buy the game full price when it was promised for $20. And I qualified but missed the deadline. As an ESO Plus member I paid my dues and fee's. It totally added up to $180 or more. and they want me to pay full price for the console game too! wtf, if the pc and console would of came out at the same time, we would of been fine having the opportunity to get what we wanted. But NOPE, they PUSHED it back. and because of there mistake I feel screwed over like you Preist.

Complain to the BBB Business Review please.