The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not So Helpful Support

bloodhound9
bloodhound9
Soul Shriven
I know there are plenty of these but need to vent/share whatever.

When the game launched on PC, I bought two copies of the game (1 Physical Imp Edition and 1 Base) so the fiance and I could play together.
Fast forward to console transfer time (about half way in). I managed to pay for the transfer on my account but upon logging into her account the option was not listed. So I scoured the FAQ's regarding the transfer to make sure there was no "special requirements" like had to pay for a sub right away or anything of that nature. Sent an email to support and we received no response from them regarding the issue. So a few days later (now the window has also closed) I sent another email with a very detailed description on the accounts and even listed some potential solutions to the problem.
Her account should have been eligible but didn't have the offer listed.
Questions/ Solutions I listed:
Is there a way to push the transfer into this account so we can take advantage of it since it should have been there in the first place?
Is there a way to load a Pledge of Mara into my account so we can then continue to use it (since I had already used mine on her PC character)?
Is there the option to, if you log in to your account on the console (after game purchase), the option to do a one time transfer or copy of any characters that may or may not be tied to that account?

The response I got
"The console transfer was available as a special offer to eligible players and was available to purchase in the webstore for a period of 30 (thirty) days, starting on April 9, 2015.
The 30-day period expired as of May 9, 2015, and players are no longer able to purchase this offer.

Console accounts will be entirely standalone. There is currently no plan to enable further character transfers.

You can buy additional pledges of mara from the crownstore. You can use multiple rings, so you can use the rings on additional players. Remember, though, that you can only wear 2 Rings at most."

This is everything I already knew with the vague exception to response #2.

I followed up that email with "Thanks but this didn't really answer any of the questions I had asked". And restated the issue.

The only response I got from that was, "Once the offer ended there were no other ways to transfer characters."

I understand there are probably various things they had to do to get characters on to the console from PC, but perhaps, explain that to me. Don't just keep saying the transfer window ended so tough ***. Also is it that hard to load crowns on to an account, between the two of us we've now spent 300$ on your game. Even if you truly can't help us, which is hard to believe since you make that game, explain to me why that isn't because that session ended.
If we weren't losing things that we had already paid for it wouldn't be a huge deal. She's losing the Explorer's Pack for pre-ordering the game, she's losing all of her character's progressions (not hugely important never broke lvl 30 or so with them), but she's also losing all of the loyalty rewards she had previously received, and I'm losing my Pledge. Why don't you just keep playing on PC? Because I'm much more likely to get more use out of the game now on console than on PC. With my current layout I don't have a proper place for my keyboard and mouse. Her laptop/"desktop" were not meant for gaming so do not play well.

I'm sure there will be options available to us to get the some of the stuff lost for near similar cost of 20$ while losing some other stuff. I'm less upset about the issues and more irritated about the way this was handled. It was basically, we already got money from you, sorry about your problem but too bad don't care, but remember, "helping you is our passion". Again, perhaps if you can't help someone tell them why, instead of beating around the bush or making it seem like you don't care at all about their problem. Word of mouth can be and is a powerful thing.

End rant.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about console transfer since I don't own one, but I do know quite a lot about support replies, so about this I'm not surprised..
    I remember one time last year when I asked something about an (old) Nightblade passive and told them which skillpoints I had invested into it, they told me how to get skillpoints (by levelling up, doing certain quests, and finding skyshards), which was not my question at all, not even close.
    Sometimes I think they just don't read properly. In my case, it seemed they only saw the word "skillpoints" and they wrote about stuff they apparently associate skillpoints with.
    This year I had a different problem (would take too long to describe the situation but it has to do with the Striped Senche mount), but how the support reacted was just a WTF moment for me, I immediately unsubscribed and won't resub again, ever.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Asyte
    Asyte
    Soul Shriven
    I too had an awful experience with Customer Support.. On a very similar issue.. I explained my situation and I had particular circumstances going on in my life and was not able to upgrade during the allotted period. Here is my original email to Customer Service:

I am an extremely loyal customer to Zenimax/Bethesda, I've thoroughly played every rpg you've released since Morrowind. Last May I was extremely let down with the initial one month delay in release to console, I had purchased a PS4 for just this game. I have a sub-par laptop, that could barely play the PC version, but still purchased it for PC, I was one of ESO's first customers.. I purchased a 60 day game-time card, and slugged through as much as I could with my computer constantly crashing, rebooting and trying to make another short distance and crash once more. I have patiently waited for console release, with the continuing promise from you guys the console version would be made available at a discounted rate for those who had already purchased the PC version. Due to a death in the family, I spent the month of April out of country, without access to my email and missed the opportunity to purchase the transferred version. Please, I really want to continue playing and being a loyal customer, but can't justify paying for the same game twice, especially when the initial delay was not my fault. The window you offered was very short, and just happened to be awful timing for my life. Please help me be a loyal customer and not a bitter one.

Regards,
    "Asyte"

this was Customer Services reply:

Thanks for contacting us regarding your inquiry about the console transfer. At this time, this offer has expired and is not available for purchase. I understand how frustrating this must be in regards to the unfortunate reason that you missed out on this offer.

I would highly recommend submitting feedback regarding your desire to have this offer opened up to eligible players again on our forums. If you dont have a forum account and would like for me to create one for you to do so, simply reply back with your top three username choices and we would be more than happy to do so.

I read that as: "tough luck but you can post on our forums if you like."

As stated in the first comment, I understand the making of digital games, and I understand that there must be alot to the process of transferring characters, but just saying | sorry we can't" without any real explanation is unacceptable. This is something that was PROMISED in our original purchase, and was originally only supposed to have a one month delay, then a two month delay, and then a year... Sending out a single email with the information for transfers, and then limiting the amount of time people had to do so, is a shady way of circumventing a promise.

The truth is BETHESDA SCREWED UP announcing their initial release dates, that's all. Now they are trying to make up for their mistake ( and loss of profits ) by letting their problems roll down hill onto their already paying customers.

I ONLY purchased the PC version, because of the promise of console/character transfer availability.