Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No more sharing heavy sacks...

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Well.. I have noticed recently that heavy sacks in group dungeons are no longer shared.. :( First come first served. I seem to recall the patch notes about sharing the chests, although don't remember them mentioning heavy sacks being shareable.. but, they were (for anyone new.. chests is group dungeons used to be only for 1 person, but there were more of them). Were heavy sacks not intended to be shared and they fixed this bug? Or is not being able to share them a bug?

I miss sharing :(
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was never able to share heavy sacks... Just pick up what was in them if the other guy left it.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy sacks in dungeons have always been inconsistent. Some are shareable and some are not. It's very odd.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm crazy.. but I swear you could.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Heavy sacks in dungeons have always been inconsistent. Some are shareable and some are not. It's very odd.

So maybe I should SHHH so they don't fix the shareable ones? lol
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    Resisting the obvious joke, but is there anything about which are and are not shareable?

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oehk wrote: »
    Resisting the obvious joke, but is there anything about which are and are not shareable?

I'm not sure, but I may look back at my streaming videos and see. Maybe it has to do with veteran vs normal dungeons, or which dungeon, or maybe even just the spot which the heavy sack spawns (if in location A it seems to share, if in location b it isn't)

Heavy sacks are just asking for jokes lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how I feel about shareable Heavy Bags and Knapsacks in Group Dungeons. Part of me says they should be shared, part of me says not. I lean towards sharing them out with the group, for no other reason than why not. The only reason I would be against it, is you could have one farmer in the group get the swag from 4 instances in the Heavy Bag (if everyone traded), but that is probably not a common thing for dungeon runs (farming I mean)

However what should be shared are things like Steam Pipes where the swarms come from. It is a group effort, usually, to take down the swarm, each person in the group does participate in the battle, so each should get an instance on the Steam Pipe or Wasp Nests in Group Dungeons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone ever notice how heavy sacks have two things in them?

And I always go to craglorn to whack nightwood with my axe...

;)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way to tell without looting them. And in the same dungeon you will find both kinds.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are supposed to be shareable last time I looked when they did the shareable chests. Of course, they didn't get a lot of dungeons. Some dungeons it is, some it isn't. Usual let's implement change and not cover everything and not take the time to fix what was missed. Kind of like many of the enchants that didn't get scaled.

Heavy sacks, and chests, or not exciting to open so meh. Usually some stone you can find on the market for nothing anyway.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am not sure how I feel about shareable Heavy Bags and Knapsacks in Group Dungeons. Part of me says they should be shared, part of me says not. I lean towards sharing them out with the group, for no other reason than why not. The only reason I would be against it, is you could have one farmer in the group get the swag from 4 instances in the Heavy Bag (if everyone traded), but that is probably not a common thing for dungeon runs (farming I mean)

However what should be shared are things like Steam Pipes where the swarms come from. It is a group effort, usually, to take down the swarm, each person in the group does participate in the battle, so each should get an instance on the Steam Pipe or Wasp Nests in Group Dungeons.

Well, I understand why they shared. I recall my bf back at launch... he was a bit over level so he would run groups through dungeons, but he knew where all the spawn locations were.. so he would ninja every single chest. Of course, if you're running with nice people, guild group etc. you would share, but yeah, I'm happy they made the chests shared.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shunravi I found it!!
    •Like treasure chests, heavy sacks are now lootable by all player characters in dungeons but the total spawned count per instance has been reduced.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/100211/patch-notes-v1-1-2

Under Misc -> General. Separate from the note about chests also being shared and limited to two.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Shunravi I found it!!
    •Like treasure chests, heavy sacks are now lootable by all player characters in dungeons but the total spawned count per instance has been reduced.

Under Misc -> General. Separate from the note about chests also being shared and limited to two.

Huh.. well, I guess I've always seen them bugged.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    @Shunravi I found it!!

Huh.. well, I guess I've always seen them bugged.

I'm thinking it could do with the whole new dungeons thing. Back in May 2014 I didn't think we had all the veteran dungeons? So maybe that's it. I wasn't a vet back then so I'm not sure though.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sacks not shareable at all and never was
    all sacks in veteran dungeons and trial at least
    you wrong about then
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless, they are supposed to be.

They just put it in the patch notes and forgot they actually needed to program it that's all. I'm sure they will get to it.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @QuadroTony They absolutely were shareable in the past. I know for a fact they were when that change was implemented, but as I mentioned, I now do almost exclusively vet dungeons, so maybe they are not (in vet dungeons), although I was sure I had shared some before.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @QuadroTony They absolutely were shareable in the past. I know for a fact they were when that change was implemented, but as I mentioned, I now do almost exclusively vet dungeons, so maybe they are not (in vet dungeons), although I was sure I had shared some before.

How are you liking them btw? been a while since wayrest...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

How are you liking them btw? been a while since wayrest...

Loving them! When I run with people I know it's easy, but I've also been running them Friday's with viewers/people I haven't run with before, definitely easier when I know the group I'm running with lol. Watched a bit of Hero's stream the other night where you were also in the dungeon. Still haven't touched Crypt of Hearts, Fungal or City of Ash (VR11 now).. but feel pretty confident in Wayrest and Elden. Also got over my fears of Spindle hehe. Hero has offered to take me through the ones I haven't touched, maybe we shall meet up in a dungeon again soon!
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok at least from 2015 year they are not shareable dunno about earlier but i doubt they wasnt shareable

NEVER
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    ok at least from 2015 year they are not shareable dunno about earlier but i doubt they wasnt shareable

NEVER

@QuadroTony heh.. well.. seeing's the patch notes were from May 2014.. I wasn't necessarily saying they were shareable in 2015.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

They need to make them consistent for all dungeons. IMO they should all be sharable, any chests, heavy sacks, urns etc.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    They need to make them consistent for all dungeons. IMO they should all be sharable, any chests, heavy sacks, urns etc.

You mean for Group or also the Solo ones too?

I find that the respawn rates for Chests is quite quick, and dungeons have multiple spawn locations for chests. If you keep looping the dungeons, you will always find at least one chest on a lap. Knapsacks and Heavy Bags seem to have a slower respawn rate, but they do respawn.

But, I don't think they should be shareable with a group in a solo instance. That is for the group to work out as they go through the dungeon. It works more so for Group Dungeons as you don't really have the time to stand around and trade things back and forth (stuff respawns too quickly)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a tea-bagging thread.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    @MissBizz I've had shared sacks (lootable by all) sacks in group dungeons recently. Most are not shared, some are. I notice it when they don't go away after looting. The vast majority is not shared in my experience, in fact I don't recall ever finding more than one per instance.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a tea-bagging thread.

Sorry to disappoint

I agree with @Nestor about what dungeons should have shared loot type. To be honest, I never paid attention to back packs in group dungeons as I assumed they were instanced loot like the crates and whatnot. Shared heavy sacks/dungeons I like only in group dungeons, they also lowered how many are in the group dungeons due to this. Public dungeons/delves I'm fine with it being first come first serve.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FooWasHere wrote: »
    @MissBizz I've had shared sacks (lootable by all) sacks in group dungeons recently. Most are not shared, some are. I notice it when they don't go away after looting. The vast majority is not shared in my experience, in fact I don't recall ever finding more than one per instance.

@FooWasHere Out of curiousity, do your recall if these were in "normal" or the "veteran" version of the dungeon? (or maybe both)
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    @MissBizz No, can't tell for sure. The last time I found one, I clearly recall my group having a conversation on the subject, and given the character I was on it's more likely to have been a silver pledge dungeon that a gold one, but I'm not sure, sorry.
    Edited by FooWasHere on May 29, 2015 9:33PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super scientic testing.. May 29

Completed veteran Spindleclutch pledge. All heavy sacks found were NOT shared.

Completed normal Elden Hollow pledge. All heavy sacks found were shared.

@ZOS_GaryA can you find out if this is intended, or is it a "bug" since the heavy sack change was made before (some?) Vet dungeons? Maybe new vet dungeons were given regular heavy sacks, instead of awesome special ones.

I'll quit whining if its intended :) But you actually have to find out. Lol

PS. Both dungeons were run with the same group, dungeon at my level (VR11) with 3 VR14's.

Oh, no testing was done in Veteran non-pledge version of Way rest, but in good news we earned the speed achievement and did not experience the bosses staying during the bat spawn (also didn't pull the zombies.. We were going for speed)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, no testing was done in Veteran non-pledge version of Way rest, but in good news we earned the speed achievement and did not experience the bosses staying during the bat spawn (also didn't pull the zombies.. We were going for speed)
    That's a relief, because that was a real pain in the rear when that happened :p
    Edited by UrQuan on June 2, 2015 6:43PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)