Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gear wise, was Craglorn enough?

bosmern_ESO
bosmern_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Sure there was tons of armors that dropped and pointless armor you receive from quests, but those were worthless because Armor sets will always be better.

In craglorn, we didn't seem to get many new sets for an expansion.
We got a couple craft-able sets, a few sets from trials/arenas (some weren't even worth it, I'm looking at you Yokeda...) and a couple sets that drop randomly in the world.

Going into Craglorn when it first came out I thought that there would be a massive expansion on armors. But we had probably around 8 new sets, it just seemed to have been lacking a bit, what is everyone's thoughts/opinions on this?

~Thallen~
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear-grind is double-edged sword, sure it gives motivation to play if gears are powerful, but at the same time it causes separation in the player base. Gear-grind kind of requires high population what ESO does not have.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a single player, I don't have any Craglorn armor. Nor anything else comparable.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Useless.

The only good pieces from Craglorn are the easiest ones to acquire: green BoE sets (Martial & Air) & some of the Master weapons from DSAV (can be acquired by PvPing as well...)

The "epic loot" for completing most difficult content in game? Vendor trash (ok, 5 pieces Vicious can be good for grinding goblins, but that's about it).

I don't think I've seen many MMOs with worse itemization actually, they've some serious work to do if they want to get on par with their competitors on this regard.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To make it even worse, gear > VR12 is even less available, even in Crag. You would think some of the best gear in the game would be found in this zone (discounting the now only semi-useful Trials gear).
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate gear. I wish everything were craftable, and that crafting was earned (Which in a way it is, though they have the timers making it much like a facebook game.). Its a shame that actually making an item is less valuable than breaking one down. Its a shame that players can't learn 'motifs' & sets by breaking down items. Crafting could be so much more, and to be honest I'm only a lazy crafter at best. I do however think it makes a more interesting game when crafters can ply their trade. SWG was proof of that.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Gear-grind is double-edged sword, sure it gives motivation to play if gears are powerful, but at the same time it causes separation in the player base. Gear-grind kind of requires high population what ESO does not have.

I wasnt asking for gear grind, was just wondering if others thought that craglorn offered enough, and if not, what people would like to see more.

I personally would've preferred a few more crafted sets
    ~Thallen~
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember vehemently arguing against the gear grind. After all, a sword in the hands of a peasant is dangerous.

Put that very same sword in the hands of a trained warrior or assassin and it becomes deadly. This game should have always been about CHARACTER progression instead of gear progression.

Devs should have ported over the same crafting mechanics from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. The more experienced you get at forging armor and weapons, the finer quality you can produce. THAT should have been the only gear progression.

I've said since day one of my beta testing that this game is not enough elder scrolls AND not enough MMO, and the parts they decided to include were all the wrong ones.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to Craglorn, gear wise? No. It's an embarrassment if we're honest when compared with how good this game is to have such awkward elephants stumbling around cluttering up the place. Yokeda doesn't even increase resistances and it's 'end-game tank gear'.

The five piece set bonus is a complete and utter joke too - you should turn into a statue that reduces damage taken by 20% for 5 seconds or, you acquire the major buff for damage reduction for 10 seconds. Whichever is more convenient, I can't remember which buff / debuff Nova & Veil of Blades apply. Cooldown should be a minute not twenty minutes, three minutes if Yokeda actually increases armor & spell resistance like tank gear is supposed to.

I'd like to see more strong item sets.

Also, Soulshine, Warlock, Healer are some of the only Magicka based gear-sets which have both types of jewellery; neck & ring. Soulshine which isn't even worth using anymore. Leaving Warlock and Healer.

Ravager uses all three and is extremely strong, Unassailable, Footman, Shadow Walker.

I'm convinced that Imperial City, Wrothgar, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm and so n are going to have two things in common.

1. They have incredible gear-sets, really, really good gear-sets and loads of both jewellery type gear-sets
    2. You have to pay to be able to access the content and get the gear yourself in order to not pay huge sums from guild stores

If they don't do this, they're poorly designing devices which are supposed to be developed with monetisation in mind. Zenimax is anything but bad at designing good monetisation methods.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasnt asking for gear grind, was just wondering if others thought that craglorn offered enough, and if not, what people would like to see more.

They just added Champion Point system. Sure, endgame is still poor in this game, but we get there.

What Craglorn needs is group-finder tool and dailies. Its impossible to make quests now, you are extremely lucky if you get a group for your specific quest.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They just added Champion Point system. Sure, endgame is still poor in this game, but we get there.

What Craglorn needs is group-finder tool and dailies. Its impossible to make quests now, you are extremely lucky if you get a group for your specific quest.

I truly hope that isn't their vision of end game...

Would you rather:
    • Grind goblins 24/7 for CPs
    • Complete awesome, difficult raids with big bosses & epic loot, or compete in PvP arenas for glory & strong gear

I know which I'd choose.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Would you rather:
    • Complete awesome, difficult raids with big bosses & epic loot, or compete in PvP arenas for glory & strong gear

I know which I'd choose.

I'd grind Cyrodil, Dungeons, Trials, Craglorn, even Story Mode for CPs, but please dont put me grind one raid for months and besides, Rift tried this just recently. Rift had very robust gear/grind endgame at the launch already and people didnt give a damn. Gears shouldnt be the main focus at the endgame, thats all I gotta say.
    Edited by Sausage on May 28, 2015 10:27AM
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Devs should have ported over the same crafting mechanics from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. The more experienced you get at forging armor and weapons, the finer quality you can produce. THAT should have been the only gear progression.

@MercyKilling yup, this is my nirvana too. Somehting along these lines was implemented in Dark Age of Camalot, not imediatly but around 4 or 5 patches into release. obviously this game had armour decay, so it different from the get go, and the different levels of "quality" were more RNG than personal skill.

ESO would need to double or trebble the skill levels to implement somehting like this, everyone and their dog is currently on 50 for all skills.

I am all for the best gear being player crafted, and pve content just being nice situaltional pieces
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Would you rather:

I know which I'd choose.

I'd grind Cyrodil, Dungeons, Trials, Craglorn, even Story Mode for CPs, but please dont put me grind one raid for months and besides, Rift tried this just recently. Rift had very robust gear/grind endgame at the launch already and people didnt give a damn. Gears shouldnt be the main focus at the endgame, thats all I gotta say.

I wouldnt mind gear grinds, but I'd much rather prefer diverse and unique gear. A lot of the gear currently in the game is very similar, and it seems like there is almost no point into having some sets.

We've got like 4 sets that knockdown enemies when you get low health, tons of sets that give some sort of magicka boost/reduction, tons of sets that reduce enemy weapon damage or increase your own.

I'd love for sets to vary in the bonuses and in look, but im sure they will come in future expansions (LETS HOPE)
    ~Thallen~
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I wish they'd do away w/ the "Season Gear" idea for progression and just add a lot more new sets so that we can mix and match them to our hearts' desire.

That really is the most involved part of building your character at endgame.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that it's Craglorn that introduced Martial Knowledge. It migrated as a drop to Cyrodiil chests only afterwards.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dark seducers drop crops,whips and the Suit of Carnal Knowledge