The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC to Console Transfer offer expired

blake.cahenb14_ESO
blake.cahenb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I bought this game at launch with the intention of transferring it over to the PS4, because that was the offer that ESO made to the players. "Buy this game, play it on the PC, then transfer everything over to the consoles". Now, with the console release almost here, I have been waiting for the transfer option to come. Now I find out that I missed the "1 month" window, all due to the email going to spam. I have been a loyal customer from launch and have been waiting for this ever since, and now I am out of luck? Even after contacting support, all they can say is that it was a limited time offer. How can you offer your players a service, and tell them that this service would be available to them, and then put an extremely short timeline on this service. I would never have expected this from a game that is supposed to be for the players. I will not be buying this game full price and will discontinue my game play until this offer is reopened. I am extremely unhappy with this situation and feel like all my patience has been wasted.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this game at launch with the intention of transferring it over to the PS4, because that was the offer that ESO made to the players. "Buy this game, play it on the PC, then transfer everything over to the consoles". Now, with the console release almost here, I have been waiting for the transfer option to come. Now I find out that I missed the "1 month" window, all due to the email going to spam. I have been a loyal customer from launch and have been waiting for this ever since, and now I am out of luck? Even after contacting support, all they can say is that it was a limited time offer. How can you offer your players a service, and tell them that this service would be available to them, and then put an extremely short timeline on this service. I would never have expected this from a game that is supposed to be for the players. I will not be buying this game full price and will discontinue my game play until this offer is reopened. I am extremely unhappy with this situation and feel like all my patience has been wasted.

A month is extremely short timeline to you? Has to be hard to pay bills then..
  • blake.cahenb14_ESO
    blake.cahenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    A month is extremely short timeline to you? Has to be hard to pay bills then..[/quote]

Only in the sense that we have been waiting for a year for the console release, and they only give you 1 month to conduct account transfers.
  • bloodhound9
    bloodhound9
    Soul Shriven
    They seem to have lovely customer support. "Helping You Is Our Passion" as long as it's something from the book of simple answers and not helpful.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A month is extremely short timeline to you? Has to be hard to pay bills then..

Only in the sense that we have been waiting for a year for the console release, and they only give you 1 month to conduct account transfers.[/quote]

They might not have had a choice, it is ENTIRELY up to the console companies to allow this or not.
  • bloodhound9
    bloodhound9
    Soul Shriven
    If it is up to MS and Sony, why not just tell us? Don't beat around the bush and make it seem like it's an inconvenience to help someone. Explain to us why they can't offer the transfer anymore. They are choosing to have poor customer relations with their BS "it ended" answer.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is up to MS and Sony, why not just tell us? Don't beat around the bush and make it seem like it's an inconvenience to help someone. Explain to us why they can't offer the transfer anymore. They are choosing to have poor customer relations with their BS "it ended" answer.

because people like you would STILL be angry at them........
  • bloodhound9
    bloodhound9
    Soul Shriven
    Not really. I'd be annoyed but I'm more annoyed at the fact that they can't just say, "this is why we only offered it for a month" or "this is why we can't do anything".
    Edited by bloodhound9 on May 27, 2015 4:03PM
  • jarededward86
    jarededward86
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. This is a Problem. It's not that a month is a short amount of time.

The problem here is that I spent more than $100 on this game when I started playing it on PC. I intended to play it more on xbox one, but missed the window to buy the account transfer by 2 days. There shouldn't have been a limited window at all no matter how generous the limit.

Some of us payed a lot of money when this game launched to become a part of the community and support ESO. We were promised something that we are now being denied and that is never OK.

I've had only positive interaction with ESO customer service until this, so let us hope they see the necessity to bring original PC players back to the game by allowing an extension of this offer. There's really no good reason not to.

I know I wont be dropping that much money a second time to start over from scratch on my console.
  • blake.cahenb14_ESO
    blake.cahenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Also, there are already a limited number of people throughout the entire ESO community that even qualify for this transfer. I just don't understand why they would limit it to only a month.
  • ShaneTsukasa
    ShaneTsukasa
    Soul Shriven
    I totally miss read that e-mail about the transfer and thought it was something else. Now that I know what it was I missed out. Could I still transfer my characters over when the game is released?
  • bloodhound9
    bloodhound9
    Soul Shriven
    I totally miss read that e-mail about the transfer and thought it was something else. Now that I know what it was I missed out. Could I still transfer my characters over when the game is released?

At this point, no. There is nothing that can be done.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, c'mon guys. Reopen the damn thing!

I mean, c'mon...
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an insanely easy answer to why there is a "last date".. they are about to copy parts of the database to a new server while also sorting out a whole load of things not to be transferred, and which characters and accounts are eligible etc. or the TDLR version - *** takes time.

Sorry, but it is not unreasonable to expect customers to be able to act within a month long period.
  • ShaneTsukasa
    ShaneTsukasa
    Soul Shriven
    That's disappointing but my fault. I hope they will later on. I'm thinking about getting it but would like to love to have my characters.