The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very small irritance, but growing more annoying as time goes.

Zazaaji
Zazaaji
✭✭✭✭
Whenever I open the launcher and then close it for whatever reason (manually click the X, launch the game, anything), it acts like it closes but the Taskbar icon for it next to the clock is still there. Only until I mouse over the icon does it finally go away. The thing is, if I open ESO and play it 9 times in a day, I'll have 9 of those icons on the taskbar until I mouse over them.

Again very small/minor irritance, but it indicates that Windows for some reason doesn't acknowledge that the game is in fact closed until I mouse over the icon. Anyone know what's going on? It's been like this since I reinstalled the game for ESOTU, but it's never been a big enough problem for me to report.
-
Edited by Zazaaji on May 26, 2015 8:45PM
English is not my first language, Finnish is.
Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I also get this, but I am not sure if it is actually anything to worry about or not. I think it may just be a time delay, because I have had task manager open and have seen only one instance of my launcher open and then done the same as you, even though I had ESO icons in my taskbar thing, only one instance was running in task manager.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    This is a Windows problem. I've seen it do it with NVidia and with many other programs.

Here's a POST about it on Stack Overflow