The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Purchasing Limited Offer Crown Store Items (Outside of Game)

priforce
priforce
✭✭✭
Traveling for a business trip (ten days on the road on a train, limited access to internet, macbook air) and can't purchase the limited time offer Black Panther Senche mount currently being offered until May 26th (only can happen in-game). I contacted customer service, and provided ideas for options (promo code for when I return, purchasing on my behalf with email approvals) and they haven't been helpful. It couldn't be a technical issue, I'm a programmer. They have just been lazy in simply stating it can't be done. Why not?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would like to be able to buy crown store items without logging into the game
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they will have the leopard and Panther senche mounts back at one point in the near distant future....

Why you ASK??

because of those console players that haven't purchased them on the Consoles yet.....the Console doesn't come out until June 9th so they will be most likely bringing them back in the near future for them....

oh yeah and I would definitely like to be able to buy Crown store stuff on my account outside the Game..
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on May 25, 2015 10:35PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • ShastaCat
    ShastaCat
    Soul Shriven
    I agree there should be accommodation for legitimate absences (business, vacation, military, etc, etc), especially for paying ESO Plus members. While I know everyone has access to the Crown Store, I talk about membership (subscription) because it is voluntary. ESO Plus members are obviously willing to spend the money for a few extra perks (though they are very few).

I am affiliated with the military (civilian engineer who deploys with naval strike groups for 2-4 months at a time). I was on deployment from late-April to mid-July, so I was unable to purchase the Black Senche (I didn't even know about it until I returned after deploy).

I too tried to work with Customer Service, which was not helpful - in spite of their opening line on every email being "Helping you is our passion!" - and not productive, and in the end, unsuccessful. All I got was the (paraphrased) "Sorry. That was a limited-time item.".

I have worked in the computer industry (and computer application) for 30+ years, and I cannot fathom a technical-related limitation as to why persons with valid reasons for missing a "limited-time item" could not be easily accommodated. In computer-admin terms, this should be as easy as a digital switch being tripped, and poof! The Black Senche mount shows up in one's mount inventory (exactly the same way it happens when people purchased it while it was in the Crown Store).

Please, ZOS! We all know you can find a way to make this work! We WANT to give you our money! Why not take it in exchange for what we want? It would be a win-win situation.
  • Balinor13
    Balinor13
    I mentioned this in another thread, but i think the best answer is to let everyone pre-order the items. They could be automatically delivered on the release date.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    I can see a lot of players lying about their legitimate reason for not logging on for a few months and missing a limited time mount/item/whatever.
    A prepurchase option wouldn't really do for people that are gone for a few months at a time (I doubt prepurchases would be much more than a few weeks to a month before release).

Unfortunately, as it seems, best thing to do is wait and see if the limited time stuff comes out again for a limited time (but this is imo).
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)