Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO should allow for cross faction PVE/Dungeons?

• Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Rox83 wrote: »
    no compleatly destroys my immersion.

Honestly Factions should be limited to Cyrodiil. Not everyone is into PvP and from RP perspective your character could just a civilian/neutral adventurer.

yeah and thats the reason i fight 50 lvls to overcome those scumbags from the two other alliances, while contesting molag baal ... yeah well ....

Actually if you really look at the 3 alliance storyline you are very rarely fighting the other factions.
    Things you are usually fighting:
    -traitors of your faction and puppets of MB.(all factions).
    -people in the faction that do not agree with the alliance and it's members.
    -enemies that are not even related to the other factions.
    -cults and some ancient evil thingies they unleash.(Maomer,Reachman, etc)
    -renegades that are not sanctioned by their factions.

The only place where the war and the other factions appear considerable is in EP at the begging after it devolves into internal stuff caused by MB . In AD and BC you can hardly find references to the other factions until the end and most of it is internal stuff.

The entire point of Cadwell's silver and gold is to experience and understand that the conflict is really a ploy of Molag Ball and maybe the war is not in everyone best interest.Most people of course didn't bother understanding that point though.

There's some hints in the early EP storyline to suggest that the covenant there are led by an extremist that got kicked out of the DC too, hence the necromancy. Ofc, they themselves still consider them an official part of the DC and there's no reason for the EP to think otherwise.

Same goes for the AD in Shadowfen although it's more directly shown there - even having internal resistance.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    As for RP goes: I make my own choices and decisions. Not the house or place I was born in. I can choose to be neutral, a spy, a loyal soldier or take any path I want.

As for the game, I think it is an outdated solution to force people into playing a certain way. It's and mmo. I play with people from all over the world. But in the game I can not play with someone from an other faction?? How stupid is that?!
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    Yes
    If you can please share this poll with your friends, guild members etc. With few thousand of votes maybe developers take it into account :)
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I am saving no because I like PvP and working for my faction. However a decent group finder and cross faction queues are often needed to keep a game going for new people playing any dungeon other than the newest
  • ebls_BR
    ebls_BR
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Seriously? People didn't realize that the entire concept of this game is based in choosing a faction and this should define your allies in everything you do? Why choose this period of time with three rival factions if this choice doesn't matter?

This should be the most important choice for you and your characters... Without this we don't have ESO, but another MMO. Even change faction would be bad for this.

Every faction must have their own feeling, their own strength, values and weaknesses... And my choice will follow the faction which I identify myself more. Do you want to work together with rivals or enemies? Play in EP...

Let's get this straight, people in this forum want: change their faction, change their race, change their alliance, change their classes, choose play end-game content with any people of any faction, choose any passives whatever their class choice, end of the Veteran ranks, etc.
    Seems pretty clear to me what people really want, or better, really don't want: reroll...
  • Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Give us a better LFG Tool, where we can create / list / join premade groups for every kind of content and let us queue in the same time for more than one activities. Do this and make dungeons work cross faction as imho 3 different factions are way too many.

*Btw is it possible for anyone who knows how to make addons to create such an addon? There is something similar in WildStar and it really helps grouping A LOT! http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/229517-groupfinder
    Wood Elf Templar
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but restricted to instanced PvE only. Can be a pain to fill a group outside of prime time. So frustrating to spam LFM in Craglorn, main city and guild chats for like 45 minutes. Than someone in the group has to go because filling takes to long. Always slow to find either tank or healer. Sometimes you even get stuck on finding a dps.

I'm a bit scared of the DC breton templar army though. I've seen them in PvP, billions of heal bots. Will totally steal my job in PvE :cold_sweat:

But than again I be able to find healer outside of prime time, when tanking or dps'ing.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    leshpar wrote: »
    As far as immersion goes: my character doesn't care about the war. I know this isn't true for everyone, but for me I just don't.

I'm a die-hard RP'er and none of my characters care about the war, except to dislike it with varying degrees of passion.

It is possible to join with an "enemy" and do a delve in Cyrodiil (I've done it for a bit on occasion) but with little communication, it's hard, also you really have to be careful about AoE damage - even things like the splash damage passives for 2h.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Craglorn should be made cross-faction. .

Wow. that's a really cool idea.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like to be able to goto enemy zones and see the other players and play with them.

Like when I do cadwells silver/gold, instead of scaling enemies up to vr scale me down to the zone. Let me group with them and do the quests with them and see the zone chat.

This would also let the already small rp community also play together and do gigantic events together.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ebls_BR wrote: »
    Seriously? People didn't realize that the entire concept of this game is based in choosing a faction and this should define your allies in everything you do? Why choose this period of time with three rival factions if this choice doesn't matter? ...

Well.. maybe or sort of.

I play people in all three factions. In all three factions "Us" is defined as the "good guys", we kill ... and in some ways worse than kill, we disrespect other groups of sentient entities (I'm actually thinking of Pirondil [sp] the arrogant altmer SOB you meet in Toothmaul Gully. He's really disrespectful to goblin culture - and once you are thorugh the delve, it's clear that there is a culture there).

In all three factions the "bad guys" (presumed to be from "those other faction") use necromancy and do all sorts of evil.

It's just not possible for these distorted extremist views to be real. So I can't take the "bad guys" seriously as "bad" - and I can't take the war seriously.

There is a point where you meet all three faction leaders and they are talking ... and mostly it's the same distorted, distrusting .... well it's just crap.

If it was a game just centered in the Ebonhart pact, and the dislike was inherent to the culture and that sort of thing - I don't know how to describe it exactly, but I have more respect for a duel between a dunmer and a nord than for an "AD" vs a "DC".
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No.
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well so far the polls are showing prettymuch everyone wants it.
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    Yes
    To me its as simple as a common problem a common goal . Or enemy of my enemy is my friend. There is NO reason for them to disallow it. ITs as simple as get a option to join cross faction or not. And this will only happen between your friends list.

IF this cross conference dungeoning is allowed from your friends list only it could be in the game sense be determined as acquaintances that you invite to help with a problem. I have friends in real life that support different sport teams but we still enjoy it together.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PBpsy wrote: »
    The only place where the war and the other factions appear considerable is in EP at the begging after it devolves into internal stuff caused by MB . In AD and BC you can hardly find references to the other factions until the end and most of it is internal stuff.
    Well, both AD and DC do have a series of quests in the first full zone involving invading forces from another alliance (in Glenumbra there are quests around a Dominion invasion at Farwatch Tower, and in Auridon there are quests around a Covenant invasion at North Beacon). And there are other quests in later zones related to the alliance war. But overall I agree, most of the quests are all about chaos caused by other groups and other enemies - many of whom are agents or dupes of Molag Bal.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Seriously? People didn't realize that the entire concept of this game is based in choosing a faction and this should define your allies in everything you do?
    I'd say you missed the entire concept of this game. The entire concept of this game is about how there are no clear good guys, and how destructive and counter-productive it is for everyone to be at each others throats. That's what the entire main questline and the main storyline of each faction is about.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    No
    i'd rather they allow for open world pvp first. no, not cyrodil.
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Can those who vote against it explain how it would affect you if other people run dungeons with people from another faction? I'm struggling to see how this option has any effect on your gameplay. I am talking about instanced area/dungeons, not forced cross faction content.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Can those who vote against it explain how it would affect you if other people run dungeons with people from another faction? I'm struggling to see how this option has any effect on your gameplay. I am talking about instanced area/dungeons, not forced cross faction content.

I asked this as well earlier in the thread, no one so far
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would like to see existing Cadwell's Gold and Silver removed and replaced with unique PvE questlines regarding invasion and espionage in other faction territories.

Would like to see alliance choice matter more in terms of play experience.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Good suggestion
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ebls_BR
    ebls_BR
    ✭✭✭
    No
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Seriously? People didn't realize that the entire concept of this game is based in choosing a faction and this should define your allies in everything you do?
    I'd say you missed the entire concept of this game. The entire concept of this game is about how there are no clear good guys, and how destructive and counter-productive it is for everyone to be at each others throats. That's what the entire main questline and the main storyline of each faction is about.

Lol, who is saying a rival or a adversary have to be the good or bad guy? I did not say that ... (if you understood that... you just not only didn't understand me, but you have a prejudiced and Manichean perspective).

Actually, most of the time, it's the rilvary, the competition, the clash that allows opponents grow and become stronger. But they have to exist right? They are part of the lore right? The Three Banners War have PVP and PVE consequences, it's the background where the story takes place. If we don't have that, if you can play with another person whatever the faction like if the diferent faction wasn't exist, without any consequences, what is the point of the story, in realizing the true manace (Oblivion forces) and all the stupidity of that war...

Let's do this... Imagine if they eliminate the consequences in PVP and not PVE: you could today play with your Khajiit for AD in Cyrodiil, and tomorrow you could use the same toon for EP, fighting against the same people who fought alongside you yesterday.

newtinmpls wrote: »
    Seriously? People didn't realize that the entire concept of this game is based in choosing a faction and this should define your allies in everything you do? Why choose this period of time with three rival factions if this choice doesn't matter? ...

Well.. maybe or sort of.

I play people in all three factions. In all three factions "Us" is defined as the "good guys", we kill ... and in some ways worse than kill, we disrespect other groups of sentient entities (I'm actually thinking of Pirondil [sp] the arrogant altmer SOB you meet in Toothmaul Gully. He's really disrespectful to goblin culture - and once you are thorugh the delve, it's clear that there is a culture there).

In all three factions the "bad guys" (presumed to be from "those other faction") use necromancy and do all sorts of evil.

It's just not possible for these distorted extremist views to be real. So I can't take the "bad guys" seriously as "bad" - and I can't take the war seriously.

There is a point where you meet all three faction leaders and they are talking ... and mostly it's the same distorted, distrusting .... well it's just crap.

If it was a game just centered in the Ebonhart pact, and the dislike was inherent to the culture and that sort of thing - I don't know how to describe it exactly, but I have more respect for a duel between a dunmer and a nord than for an "AD" vs a "DC".

In all sides we have good and bad people, extremist, arrogant and treacherous. I can't see how it refutes the fact that each faction, race or group in TES has its own characteristics, its most important values, its strenght and its own way of being.

Any people who know TES, should know for example, that much nords are self-centered, often extremists and bullies. But would you expect that from a Argonian or an Imperial, for example? Of course there are some Argonians and Imperial like that, but this is not the characteristic of their culture. When we choose the Argonians, we think of a group seeking universal solutions, creative, more based on respect for other cultures and even the nature, always seeing the "big picture". Imperials by another hand, are always ready to negotiate, trade-offs, etc., including accepting slavery if this is important for another culture...

Factions have their own feeling too; their strenght and their weakness. Some of those weakness will have important consequences in the future and they may be even responsible for not winning this war.
    Edited by ebls_BR on May 25, 2015 6:49PM
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Lol, who is saying a rival or a adversary have to be the good or bad guy? I did not say that ... (if you understood that... you just not only didn't understand me, but you have a prejudiced and Manichean perspective).

Actually, most of the time, it's the rilvary, the competition, the clash that allows opponents grow and become stronger. But they have to exist right? They are part of the lore right? The Three Banners War have PVP and PVE consequences, it's the background where the story takes place. If we don't have that, if you can play with another person whatever the faction like if the diferent faction wasn't exist, without any consequences, what is the point of the story, in realizing the true manace (Oblivion forces) and all the stupidity of that war...

Let's do this... Imagine if they eliminate the consequences in PVP and not PVE: you could today play with your Khajiit for AD in Cyrodiil, and tomorrow you could use the same toon for EP, fighting against the same people who fought alongside you yesterday.

newtinmpls wrote: »

Well.. maybe or sort of.

In all sides we have good and bad people, extremist, arrogant and treacherous. I can't see how it refutes the fact that each faction, race or group in TES has its own characteristics, its most important values, its strenght and its own way of being.

Any people who know TES, should know for example, that much nords are self-centered, often extremists and bullies. But would you expect that from a Argonian or an Imperial, for example? Of course there are some Argonians and Imperial like that, but this is not the characteristic of their culture. When we choose the Argonians, we think of a group seeking universal solutions, creative, more based on respect for other cultures and even the nature, always seeing the "big picture". Imperials by another hand, are always ready to negotiate, trade-offs, etc., including accepting slavery if this is important for another culture...

Factions have their own feeling too; their strenght and their weakness. Some of those weakness will have important consequences in the future and they may be even responsible for not winning this war.

For all that typing, you still didn't explain/give a reason that allowing cross faction dungeons would effect your game, being that grouping is by choice
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I asked this as well earlier in the thread, no one so far

Yep, and I don't expect an answer either. So far I just see things about immersion and story, which doesn't explain it at all. Immersion? Doesn't affect you at all so nope. Story/lore? Do you not see people of all races in your faction? What about mages guild? Or, my favorite, the fighters guild, who not only is in every faction, is neutral, but most importantly fights the Daedra. The Daedra, a common enemy of all factions, who would serve to be the very legitimate reason why we could have instanced dungeons or zones where we work together to fight some Daedric threat. The content could be directly tied to the Fighters Guild, where you would CHOOSE to participate or not, hence no affect on your immersion or breaking lore whatsoever.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    First, a reminder that the "YES" is conditional upon completion of the main quest. At that time, Messages Across Tamriel has been successfully proven to be a good idea.
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Earelith wrote: »
    Rox83 wrote: »
    no compleatly destroys my immersion.

Honestly Factions should be limited to Cyrodiil. Not everyone is into PvP and from RP perspective your character could just a civilian/neutral adventurer.

I am not into pvp too, but lore wise and RP it doesn't make sense to fight alongside with the enemy...

I don't get the lore/RP reasons against this - don't get me wrong, I love the lore of Elder Scrolls and I have high respect for people who RP, although I'm not very good at myself - but to say it would not make sense to fight alongside the enemy would be assuming that everyone is a loyal devout member of one of the alliances. That would be like saying no one is allowed to RP as a civilian/unaffiliated member of any of the alliances. There are a lot of NPC's who don't care about the war going on, some who even try to stay out of it specifically - members of any race, why should every player have to RP as a pro-war member of the alliances?

I don't see how it would be immersion breaking, unless of course you see those Argonians hanging around the Grey Mire in Valenwood as immersion breaking or those Khajiit in High Rock Daggerfall. If this were to take place, how difficult would it be to accept that those players aren't affiliated with the war such as those NPC's we see?

The character generation requests that the player choose one of three sides. It does not allow a neutral side. For this reason, there are no neutral "vestige" characters in the game per mechanics, and that defines part of the the lore. You can roleplay all you want that you don't care, but you have already been stamped with "Proud member of __(insert alliance)__" and that stigma goes with you. Now, if they want to come up with an unaffiliated faction where the characters cannot enter Cyrodiil, or if they do they have to forever declare an Alliance, and then only the unaffiliated get to group together, I am OK with that. I fear that would not solve the problem this thread is concerned about.

This game does not allow unlimited role play, no matter what anyone (including ZOS) might say. There are limits imposed by the game play, game world, political situation, and whatever the engine cannot handle or they do not want to implement. Neutral alliance is one of those things that is limited and it is really pointless to imagine otherwise.

If you want to introduce a condition where cross-alliance play is allowed, there needs to be more than just a checkbox in Settings or the LFG tool. There really needs to be a reason, soundly based in the structure of the game world, for this. This is why I think that after the main quest is the proper place for something like this.
    For all that typing, you still didn't explain/give a reason that allowing cross faction dungeons would effect your game, being that grouping is by choice

The game needs to have a consistent world that covers everyone and does not get split apart. It is not about how one person wants to play and everyone else can just go away, it is about how everyone plays. Cross alliance play is one of those things that needs to be the same for everyone and covered by a game spanning lore.

[soapbox]There is a conflict in this game between the main Molag Bal quest that threatens all Nirn and the Alliance War in Tamriel. They either had two people designing these parts of the game or one person who had a multiple personality disorder. The whole game from start to end, from level 1 to VR 14, consists of three independent game worlds that intersect ONLY in Cyrodiil and various metas like Guilds. They wanted everything to be separate, yet wanted everything to be together. Up until the player finishes the main quest, the game is merely schizophrenic. It is not until after this that things really get strange as they attempt to stay with this 3-in-1 plus Cyrodiil game concept. They really appear to love this concept but I cannot help but think the game would be 100x better if they had made a single Tamriel instead of three.[/soapbox]

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Where in Oblivion are you getting any of that from? Nothing I said even remotely implied anything like that...

You're confusing the backdrop of the game with the concept of the game. Everything about the alliance war and the rivalries between the alliances is the backdrop of the game. If the main storyline of each of the factions, and if the main questline didn't exist then it would make sense to think of the alliance war as the concept of the game. Because those larger over-arching stories, though, it's clear that the main concept of the game is not the alliance war - the alliance war is the canvas that allows the actual concept of the game to be explored.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

The game needs to have a consistent world that covers everyone and does not get split apart. It is not about how one person wants to play and everyone else can just go away, it is about how everyone plays. Cross alliance play is one of those things that needs to be the same for everyone and covered by a game spanning lore.

Again, regardless of how you feel the game should be, or feel the game is.......how exactly would 4 players in an instance that you are not a part of, aren't forced to do, or even see actually effect your game?

That is the question. The only remote downside I can think of is players that only want to play with their own faction *might* have less people to play with as ESO dungeons aren't exactly the "OMG I really have to do this everyday" type....more would likely choose to simply get it done fast.

It's kinda sad :( there are some very real life comparisons that could be made of people wanting to limit others choices that have no effect on them, yet want to do so because of a belief of how certain things "should" be.....this is just a game folks, why keep others miserable/having a rough time for no reason
    Edited by Psychobunni on May 25, 2015 8:24PM

• Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Again, regardless of how you feel the game should be, or feel the game is.......how exactly would 4 players in an instance that you are not a part of, aren't forced to do, or even see actually effect your game?

That is the question. The only remote downside I can think of is players that only want to play with their own faction *might* have less people to play with as ESO dungeons aren't exactly the "OMG I really have to do this everyday" type....more would likely choose to simply get it done fast.

It's kinda sad :( there are some very real life comparisons that could be made of people wanting to limit others choices that have no effect on them, yet want to do so because of a belief of how certain things "should" be.....this is just a game folks, why keep others miserable/having a rough time for no reason

Very well said. This is the point I was trying to make above.
  • ebls_BR
    ebls_BR
    ✭✭✭
    No

Where in Oblivion are you getting any of that from? Nothing I said even remotely implied anything like that...

You're confusing the backdrop of the game with the concept of the game. Everything about the alliance war and the rivalries between the alliances is the backdrop of the game. If the main storyline of each of the factions, and if the main questline didn't exist then it would make sense to think of the alliance war as the concept of the game. Because those larger over-arching stories, though, it's clear that the main concept of the game is not the alliance war - the alliance war is the canvas that allows the actual concept of the game to be explored.

"The entire concept of this game is about how there are no clear good guys...". You say "good guys", you implied that, not me. The fact there are 3 enemiy factions, doesn't implie there is a good guy.

Backdrop is also a concept. A theory, a story can contain a concept. I've not said "meaning" or just "concept", but the concept where the story develops. Is this so hard to understand? The Three Banners War is the basic concept from which a lot of decisions, dialogues, quests, etc., make sense. For instance, we need the "exceptional intervention" of the fighters and mages guild, and a higher enemy to have a union (an exception) between these three factions. But if they are not at war, there is no restrictions or distance, anytime I can count with my mighty Altmers sorceres or my pyromancers Dunmers, if anytime an issue in a Dwemer ruin in Alik'r can be studied for a Altmer scholar, what's the point of the all the storyline in make your aliance stronger, seek unit, have the distance between the races, etc.?
    Edited by ebls_BR on May 25, 2015 9:07PM
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ESO is not set in a WoW world, where everything is so black and white.
    It's more set in a harsh world like Game of Thrones. There are Betrayals at every corner in Tamriel.
    Not to mention TES is more about Exploration and Adventures as well.
    I'm fine with the players who feel there is some "faction honor", but honestly keep that lie to yourself and stay in PvP.
    Cross-Faction in PvE is mandatory and should've been in at launch, there is absolutely no reason why it hasn't made it into the game yet.
    Edited by Bloodfang on May 25, 2015 9:14PM