The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Costumes from Crown Store

DarkBones
DarkBones
Hi, why cant we dye the costumes?
Will you ever let players do that?

It's kinda anoying, that we cant. I would have bought more if we could, but now after i bought one and found out i couldnt, i wont be buying more.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.

I was seriously considering buying some of the packs, but when I read you couldn't dye them I quickly decided not to.

Make them dye-able, and I will buy them in a heartbeat.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the issue is that they are account-wide. If you were allowed to dye them, would the dye apply to all characters wearing that costume? If not, how will the game differentiate since they are all a skin in the new "collectibles" tab so they don't occupy inventory space?
    The Moot Councillor
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkBones wrote: »
    Hi, why cant we dye the costumes?
    Will you ever let players do that?

It's kinda anoying, that we cant. I would have bought more if we could, but now after i bought one and found out i couldnt, i wont be buying more.

How... how dare you. How dare you attempt to be different!
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I think the issue is that they are account-wide. If you were allowed to dye them, would the dye apply to all characters wearing that costume? If not, how will the game differentiate since they are all a skin in the new "collectibles" tab so they don't occupy inventory space?

Chances are you would use one specific costume on one alt. But even if the dye applied to all characters, because the costumes are account wide, I would still like the option.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

I'm far less likely to buy them now than if I could dye them because I have to wait for one that has both a design I like and a colour scheme that fits at least one of my characters.

For example I really want an elegant dress for one character. If I could dye the wedding dress I might be able to make it look like a normal evening gown, so I'd use that. As it is I'm waiting (and not spending money) for another one to be released. And then if it's red, green or brown I still won't get it because those colours don't suit her.

Even if the colours applied to all characters it would still be an improvement.
    Edited by Danikat on May 23, 2015 10:03AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Zos stated somewhere that they were looking into be able to dye costumes
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    I believe Zos stated somewhere that they were looking into be able to dye costumes

Actually they have said exactly the opposite. ESO LIVE ANSWERS

And I quote, "Heromofo: Is it possible to see our costumes and transmorgs get the dye treatment?
    We don’t have any plans to offer something like this at this time.

So they know we want it but aren't planning to do anything about it. They simply haven't designed costumes to have the color channels necessary and a way for us to access them through the dye system. They apparently didn't foresee that this would reduce their popularity.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't mind not being able to dye the Crown Store costumes. We can already dye our regular armor to nearly anyway we want (dye collection permitted), but the costumes they are releasing are copies of what can be found within the game (certain named character outfits or special classes and/or faction armors). So if you want your character to be an Ordinator, your set! Want the Lion Guard armor, they got you.

And I'll put money down that eventually we will have a whole mess of new armors so we can mimic almost every group or faction within the game.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LIKE that costumes aren't dyeable. It lets us know that a player is wearing armor, and not a costume, if the armor is dyed.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've said this before and I'll say it again... If dying costumes was allowed then the opportunity for re-skin sales diminishes. I doubt anyone will ever get a response from devs except maybe "we are looking into it" which means basically "No".
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭
    I want a duke of crows costume and a guar costume.
    I ate your sweet roll! Kaw~ :v