whats with ALL of the tiger mounts being limited?

• Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    It's a trick just to lure people into buying it. If you got the loyalty you don't need another skin. If you have another mount you might want to due to RP. But if just used for transport any mount will do. Stats are same. Don't fall for it. Resist the money grab.

Witcher 3 is great. 16 FREE DLC afterwards. no tricks.

e0JaKfO.jpg

development on the witcher series is heavily subsidized by their countries' government.

remember couple years ago when Obama visited Poland? government gave him a copy of the witcher 2. it is considered a national export.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    i guess what i really mean is im surprised there isnt a stock one always available. and then the rest can be limited or whatever
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only the money.
    After one year some players will ask "hey, where did you get this freaking awesome mount?" and you can answer "that's because I'm an oldfag and you're too young to be cool".
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trollwut wrote: »
    It's not only the money.
    After one year some players will ask "hey, where did you get this freaking awesome mount?" and you can answer "that's because I'm an oldfag and you're too young to be cool".
    Followed immediately by a 'Welcome-back, you-didn't-buy-all-this-stuff-from-the-crown-store-Weekend"

Half the delves in the game are the same square w/boss and one-way-door at the end.

You really think they're not going to get maximum $ out of their one-time development of a texture skin?

Imperial didn't stay exclusive, Exploration pack didn't stay exclusive.

Hell, "Loyalty Mount" that didn't have anything to do with longevity was far from exclusive.

They're gonna look at you and go "Cool, think I'll spend 2000 crowns and get one of my own, maybe with the exclusive (to mine) upgrade pack."

Don't kid yourself.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    It's a trick just to lure people into buying it. If you got the loyalty you don't need another skin. If you have another mount you might want to due to RP. But if just used for transport any mount will do. Stats are same. Don't fall for it. Resist the money grab.

Witcher 3 is great. 16 FREE DLC afterwards. no tricks.

e0JaKfO.jpg

development on the witcher series is heavily subsidized by their countries' government.

remember couple years ago when Obama visited Poland? government gave him a copy of the witcher 2. it is considered a national export.
    Source? I know several projects were subsidized by the EU funds and the Mazovian voivodeship, but those weren't huge numbers. I'm curious where these "heavy" subsidies came from and I'm too lazy to dig through their financial statements. :P
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half the delves in the game are the same square w/boss and one-way-door at the end.
    When was the last time you did delves? I ask because the majority of them have been expanded to about double the size, with a couple of ways to get through them. The remaining few (I want to say it's about 1 map worth of delves per alliance that has not yet been expanded, but I'm not sure on that) are going to get the same treatment too - they've been incrementally expanding them. There's a lot more variety in delves than there used to be.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Axorn wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    It's called marketing strategic.

If it's limited they put psychological pressure on you to buy it, otherwise you would not be able to do it later and you'll regret not having done so.

^exactly^ but these mind tricks doesnt work on me im a stubborn person and i wont buy any limited mount. I like the black senche tough im not going to buy it just because its limited.

Let me know when you log on and I'll ride mine past you.
    Enjoy your high horse. ;)

*though (unless you meant you like your mounts rough-n-tough)

I have no problem with limited time items. Makes it more unique.
    Every time I try to talk to an NPC in-game without dismounting and find that I can't (I've never figured out why you can talk to some while on your mount, but not others), I always say to myself "Well, I guess I'd better get off my high horse."

@UrQuan I've found that it has to do with the distance between you're mount/you and the NPC. When standing on top of the NPC and attempting to talk to them, you can see the NPC model try to turn, but not have enough room. You know, when the NPC has to turn to you to engage the conversation? If you backup a few paces or whatever optimal distance is needed for your mount, it will usually work. Perhaps this is a known issue, but definitely bugs the hell out of me too.
    Edited by nastuug on May 21, 2015 7:09PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Marketing 101

You folks whined to make this game b2p. Now, suffer the consequences.

Limited time items are more likely to sell than permanent options.

Google the f2p white paper. If more people read that there would be less whinging for every new mmorpg to go f2p/b2p.

Pretty much subscription ftw any day

Sub model only works if dev teams actually produce new content and consistent updates to keep player base satisfied and wanting more. Sub model doesn't work when all your subs run to the hills where there's tons of other F2P MMOs to keep them busy without charging a dime.

sub model works fine with updates twice a year.

folks that think they need more need to better track their finances. call of duty scrubs pay more on their game and each subsequent 2 hour dlc in a years time than a typical sub mmorpg player does. that call of duty model is something Destiny embraced. they just release their second 30 dollar "expansion" (and I use that term very, very loosely) in less than a year.

You're trying to compare a MMORPG sub model with derp COD's never-ending expansions... really?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Axorn wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    It's called marketing strategic.

If it's limited they put psychological pressure on you to buy it, otherwise you would not be able to do it later and you'll regret not having done so.

^exactly^ but these mind tricks doesnt work on me im a stubborn person and i wont buy any limited mount. I like the black senche tough im not going to buy it just because its limited.

Let me know when you log on and I'll ride mine past you.
    Enjoy your high horse. ;)

*though (unless you meant you like your mounts rough-n-tough)

I have no problem with limited time items. Makes it more unique.
    Every time I try to talk to an NPC in-game without dismounting and find that I can't (I've never figured out why you can talk to some while on your mount, but not others), I always say to myself "Well, I guess I'd better get off my high horse."

@UrQuan I've found that it has to do with the distance between you're mount/you and the NPC. When standing on top of the NPC and attempting to talk to them, you can see the NPC model try to turn, but not have enough room. You know, when the NPC has to turn to you to engage the conversation? If you backup a few paces or whatever optimal distance is needed for your mount, it will usually work. Perhaps this is a known issue, but definitely bugs the hell out of me too.
    So what you're saying is that I don't have to get off my high horse? Sweet! :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »
    simple economics... drive up the demand by limiting the supply :)

WISDOM.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at an entire thread where everyone is saying money.

Thank you @Jitterbug for the Lyle Lovett so I had something to listen to while everyone explains marketing strategies and says money.

Here is some more for the record:

MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY

ZO$ <3s MONEY

this thread is so cash right now.

Can anyone like a good Johnny Cash song? The Lyle Lovett one just ended.
  • Rox83
    Rox83
    ✭✭✭

Here's one better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about picking up the panther, but I don't think its anything special. Might save my 2500 for maybe a white tiger should they release one, or anything else that is more appealing to me.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you @Jitterbug for the Lyle Lovett so I had something to listen to while everyone explains marketing strategies and says money.

Here is some more for the record:

MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY
    MONEY

ZO$ <3s MONEY

this thread is so cash right now.

Yeah, it's a good song. The Pink Floyd as well :)
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole thing just pisses me off and makes me laugh at the same type.

I hate cash shops, I hate buy to play / free to play because of crap like this. I would happily hand over 15 dollars a month to prevent this from happening. The sad thing is all of these mounts could have been put into the game via content but nope. The raging instant gratification millennials have caused this massive change in MMOs over the years. They howl about the subscription fees but handover cash for this cheap trick mounts they put into the cash shop.

It works though. Every MMO company that has resisted has changed their models pretty much except for a couple holdouts.

I came over to his MMO because of all the promises of content releases and the strong stance on staying with the subscription model and they folded just like all the others.

Sigh....
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a sub. I had 11,200 crowns and bought the panther plus 2 horses on sale. I still have just under 8,000 crowns. So they're getting nothing extra from me, just my sub. Still worth it for some.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a sub. I had 11,200 crowns and bought the panther plus 2 horses on sale. I still have just under 8,000 crowns. So they're getting nothing extra from me, just my sub. Still worth it for some.

Your sub IS the extra.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's because people cried like babies to remove the subscription because you were too cheap to spend $15/mth so they NEED to make money somehow to keep this game alive otherwise no money=no more ESO! Welcome to F2P/B2P where we are flooded with micro-transactions and are more than likely spending more per year now buying stuff as opposed to what it would cost per year paying the subscription fee.

I wish it was still subscription only based but c'est la vie! I still enjoy the game but I will still spend the same on a per year basis (because I still wish to support the game) but not a penny more. I bought the mount and the previous one because of the free crowns I got when it switched to F2P and from what the subscription gave me but I'm not spending more than that except when I renew my sub or if I opt to forego the sub next time and just spend on the 5500 crown pack instead of a 3-month sub. Either way, every 3 months I will get some crowns, and those I will save for limited time offers such as this.

Cheap people think F2P is free when really it is more costly in the long run.. Good job!
    Edited by BloodWolfe on May 22, 2015 1:48PM
  • DarkBones
    DarkBones
    I like it and bought it and will be buying more, if they make more.

So, keep those mounts coming and yes i got a SUB to the game. I dont mind giving them money for something i like!

:p
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Senche-tigers and Senche-leopards have a very short mating season. All the cubs are born at roughly the same time and must be weaned and made ready for shipping from Elsweyr. This is why they can only be made available for purchase for a limited time, but I am confident that ZOS will arrange for more to be bred for the next mating season.

^^ This ^^ :cookie:

But also, it is a clear consequence of the game being B2P.
    People need to understand that by making the game a pretty much one-time-pay thing, ZOS need to get funds elsewhere. You can't expect people to work for free, to maintain the servers etc, or work on new content. Remember, ZOS have staff that need their monthly paycheck. I wouldn't work for free. Would you?

Pardon the sidetrack. Anyway... Making an item limited makes it more appealing, and makes people feel the need to use money now now now! :tongue: And we fall for it when it's a pretty kitty (I have the leopard) :blush:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind cosmetic stuff in these games. I buy things and it makes my time playing more enjoyable.

For the mounts, 2500 crowns is just getting to be to much money. I guess if your subbing month to month and have crowns building it up, its no big deal. But to a non subber, that's to much to drop like $30 to buy this thing. The regular horses and guards are 1000-1300. This is another 1000+ crown increase, that's quite a lot.

So far I have seen one panther mount in game in busy areas. And even the prior limited leopard, I never saw a ton of those either. I bought one of those myself because I just had a lot of crowns from the prior year sub bonus. I thought I'd see more those around cause people would be using up their bonus crowns, but it doesn't seem that way. I cant imagine there making a killing off these or anything.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfydog wrote: »
    So far I have seen one panther mount in game in busy areas. And even the prior limited leopard, I never saw a ton of those either. I bought one of those myself because I just had a lot of crowns from the prior year sub bonus. I thought I'd see more those around cause people would be using up their bonus crowns, but it doesn't seem that way. I cant imagine there making a killing off these or anything.

I have been seeing them quite a bit today in the game. $18-$25 does not seem to be stopping everyone.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your sub IS the extra.

It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it. To me, I have been subbing since release, so I am not spending any MORE money than previously. So, no, they are not getting any EXTRA money from me.