The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Settings

Logighost
Logighost
Soul Shriven
Every time I log into ESO, my audio and visual settings are reset to default. The game also asks me to agree to terms of service and select my region. I am running the game as administrator as suggested in other posts. It's not a major issue, but it is an annoyance.
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has done this to me one time too. Just randomly forced me to start from the beginning again. Thankfully all my characters were still there, whew!
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is to make the usersettings.txt and the add on settings read only but if it tries to update them while your ingame it may have an issues.

I saw someone else post that they did the read only and it worked for them..... never know
    Edited by Tashira on May 22, 2015 1:26PM
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Look for your settings file in the documents folder. It may have been tagged as non-rewriteable.
  • Logighost
    Logighost
    Soul Shriven
    Appreciate all the help guys! It turns out that my addon setting were non-rewriteable but every other folder and file was hidden. When I changed those, everything started working.