Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS: maybe a bug in API events?

ragespell
ragespell
✭✭✭
Hi,
every addons that try to track regen spells on players (as mutagen) at one point or another fail.
Many times addons fail to catch the event (regen on player) and as such don't show anything.

The fact that EVERY addon shows this behavior, makes me think there is a problem in your API (and it's not the only one, but this is another story :) )

Now, I really don't understand why you don't want to give your players a better UI, with options to downgrade it to a minimalistic UI, but at least give us a working API.

Regards
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what a wonderfull post, someone in ZOS should really take a look at this issue! :D

Well, one can always dream, don't he?
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    what tests did you do ?
    what event ?
    are you the addon author of the addons which don't succeed to get data ?
    did you first asked to addon author that developped the addon you tested ?

maybe it's not a bug, but a feature ?
    Edited by Ayantir on May 20, 2015 9:51PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, lack of additional information leaves OP statements in arguable position.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    what tests did you do ?
    what event ?
    are you the addon author of the addons which don't succeed to get data ?
    did you first asked to addon author that developped the addon you tested ?

maybe it's not a bug, but a feature ?

English is not my mother tongue, but if I say that every addons behave in the same way, in that sometime don't show regen on a player that has a regen spell on him, isn't it already a test with his result?

Or you are talking just to talk and try to make a fool of other people?

Anyway, this thread was not meant to discuss the matter with someone who hasn't a clue about what I'm taliking about.
    And maybe I'm not clear enough, and for that I ask for forgivness.

P.S. I can give you tons of screenshots in which every party memeber has mutagen but on the party frame only 1 or 2 player show the buff. And this with every major addon with a party frame.

• Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Language has nothing to do with it. We, add-on developpers or game developpers can't help you if you don't provide us any specifics.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    MiniMap author
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    And again, I have already told you everything you have to know to understand the problem.
    Or not, in the case my language is too poor.

Anyway I know for a fact that is develoPer, not develoPPer.
  • HaljaNifheim
    HaljaNifheim
    ✭✭
    There is not a problem with the API as such. It was ZOS choice just before game launch to hide the level of visibility of other players you are seeking. Restricted from accessing is not the same as a coding error. The add-on developers are only able to do a best guess sometimes.

We do feel it is too restrictive also but it is their game to publish the API as they see fit. It like the difference between climate and weather. Climate is what we expect but the weather is what you get.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw a small piece of LUA together to reproduce the error. It literally only needs to be a few lines of code.

Once you do that, I'll show you how to consume this 'supposed' event error so it will never bubble to the top.

Don't talk developer if you can't even post something constructive with examples.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, all smartasses in this forums..or my english really sucks.

For future reference just try to use LUI or AUI and use a regen skill...and see for yourselves
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    ragespell wrote: »
    Ok, all smartasses in this forums..or my english really sucks.

For future reference just try to use LUI or AUI and use a regen skill...and see for yourselves

If you want to provide feedback to AUI or LUI go to esoui and leave file comments there. There is no need to troll this forum with end user experience issues.
    MiniMap author
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I'm not trolling. I'm just giving feedback in what I think it's the right forum.
    The fact that every addons behave in the same way, makes me think there is a problem in the API.

But what do I know, you are the great mind who rules these forums.
    It's the people like you, with this holier than thou attitude, that makes eso forums an hell of experience.

Well, I have written everything I have to write, so maybe ZOS will check their API, or not. I can't say I really care.

Regards.
    Edited by ragespell on May 22, 2015 10:57AM
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ragespell wrote: »
    Actually, I'm not trolling. I'm just giving feedback in what I think it's the right forum.
    The fact that every addons behave in the same way, makes me think there is a problem in the API.

But what do I know, you are the great mind who rules these forums.
    It's the people like you, with this holier than thou attitude, that makes eso forums an hell of experience.

Well, I have written everything I have to write, so maybe ZOS will check their API, or not. I can't say I really care.

Regards.

Your name suits you.

Nobody is being holier than thou. You simply don't want to put any work into your claim. 'Every addon' has this problem? Really? I don't see it at all so I have no idea what problem you are referring to.

If you are so sure there is a problem and you are not a coder, how about you at least post a screenshot of this error?
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬