The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Remove the WW transformation fear

Ace_SiN
Ace_SiN
✭✭✭✭
I think it's obvious by now that I'm a huge advocate for the Werewolf. I'm determined to make the playstyle work, but in some cases the Werewolf seems to work against itself.

The initial AoE fear can effectively hurt your opening spike dps, if you use Howl of Agony. The initial fear also makes it harder to maintain control over a fight. For example, in PvP, if I transform with a melee all over me he will get feared, break it, and then turtle all of my opening damage. If he didn't get feared, then I could counter the block with my active fear Rousing Roar to at least burst him with a 30% damage modified Howl of Agony.

I assume the transformation fear is there more for defensive reasons than a RP one. If that's the case, then this is my replacement suggestion:

WW receives a damage shield, based on a % of HP, upon transformation. I would say make it similar to Ferocious Leap(DK). You'd get 100% of your max hp as a shield for x amount of seconds(like 6-8 seconds). If you consider how high damage is and that maxing HP on a WW isn't a thing(or useful), then a one time full hp shield wouldn't be OP. At minimum it should be a 50% one though. This change would also allow the Werewolf to charge into the bigger fights without feeling so squishy, at least initially anyway.

Alternatively, remove the transformation fear and make us invulnerable for the duration of the transformation animation. This would be a pretty terrible and sort of a lazy "fix" though. WW is still way too squishy and needs a better defensive option(even if it's just a better defensive "opener" similar to what I suggested).

PS Lower Devour's cast time and allow it to give stam as well.

PPS Weapon enchants only proc on heavy attacks. Please fix. *While transformed.
Edited by Ace_SiN on March 25, 2015 3:56PM
King of Beasts

• Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    edit: nvm, I figured out where they moved the OP's edit button.
    Edited by Ace_SiN on March 20, 2015 3:08PM
    King of Beasts

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just use transformation as a gtfo tool in pvp . The fear effect is what makes this great . So I'd like to keep it as is .
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    A change like I suggested wouldn't hurt that type of play at all. You would change, get 50-100% of your hp as a shield, and then you would still have the option to use your AoE fear before you start running away(if anything it would improve).

CC is almost instantly broken out of regardless. People usually break out of the fear by the time the transformation animation is done. Also, I can't imagine that saving up 300 ult just to run away is something you do frequently. That sounds like a complete waste.

Edited by Ace_SiN on March 20, 2015 1:12PM
    King of Beasts

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    A change like I suggested wouldn't hurt that type of play at all. You would change, get 50-100% of your hp as a shield, and then you would still have the option to use your AoE fear before you start running away. CC is almost instantly broken out of regardless. I can't imagine that saving up 300 ult just to run away is something you do frequently. That sounds like a complete waste.

It is a complete waste just like transforming in PVP . The stamina burst and run speeds are high however . Making lemonade here .
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you admit that it's a waste and yet you'd prefer that the kinks don't get ironed out? I'm not getting your argument...
    King of Beasts

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you admit that it's a waste and yet you'd prefer that the kinks don't get ironed out? I'm not getting your argument...

Werewolf is useless in PvP . Only the passives are worth anything . If you stick around as a transformed werewolf , you're gonna die from all the evil Hunter and poison strikes . The only thing that is effective is the fear and sprint to get out of a Zerg . You would have to make being transformed worth something in pvp . Better healing passives or something . Right now it's completly useless except for escaping large crowds .
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's where our opinions differ. It's not "completely useless" by a long shot in its current state. Now if we were talking about at launch then I would agree. You are correct that the WW viability falls off greatly in zerg fights, but it's useful in any other scale(zerg fighting is not my thing anyway).

Our lack of defensive options/versatility is what makes WW harder to pull off during a zerg encounter. This is why we need access to other options like a Damage Shield.
    King of Beasts

• Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, remove the transformation fear and make us invulnerable for the duration of the transformation animation. This would be a pretty terrible and sort of a lazy "fix" though. WW is still way too squishy and needs a better defensive option(even if it's just a better defensive "opener" similar to what I suggested).

PS Lower Devour's cast time and allow it to give stam as well.

PPS Weapon enchants only proc on heavy attacks. Please fix.

1) You actualy have some form of invulnerability from direct damage when transforming into a Werewolf. But it is not total invulnerability. Some control effects especialy the one which are not tide to direct damage and magical AoE seem to bypass the frame of protection (Agony and some other PvE AoE KB from bosses seem to ignore the protection, but wreckingblow has no effect on you when you transform).

2) Weapon enchant do work with light attacks.

3) Do not forget about bleeds, ennemies immune to bleed shouldn't exist when some ennemies like flame Atronachs can take burning damage OK.

• Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) As you said. It's not a complete invulnerability atm. Which makes it unreliable. There are plenty of times where I've activated the ult just to be killed while going through the animation(or a frame after), but admittedly it's Cyrodiil so it could also be lag. Regardless, we don't need a complete invulnerability though. Give us a much needed damage shield so Werewolves are not so squishy/vulnerable even after the transformation. Or, maybe our current lack of defenses would be more acceptable if our main heal didn't cost so much magicka. The initial fear is still too much though(we already have an AOE fear anyway). The player should have control over Hard CCs, especially one that's used as a counter to blocking.

2) Maybe I should have been clearer. Weapon enchants do NOT proc on light attacks while transformed. They ONLY work with heavy attacks in that case. This is an oversight that's been painful for me as I continue to aim for a competitive WW build. There are already too many sacrifices that must be made.

3) Yes, I agree. 50% of the enemies in game being immune to bleeds is just dumb when no other mob is immune to the other damage types.
    King of Beasts

• Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) Maybe I should have been clearer. Weapon enchants do NOT proc on light attacks while transformed. They ONLY work with heavy attacks in that case. This is an oversight that's been painful for me as I continue to aim for a competitive WW build. There are already too many sacrifices that must be made.

Ok my bad, I tried it out and I confirm this info.
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    I like it as is, PvE and PvP.