Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CoH is Seriously Broken

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
Mezeluth is broken. Fall flat on your face, 30k ae. AE damage covers entire boss encounter area. Nice work ZoS!
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video of some guys who downed him. At least 2 of them were dead the whole fight. It looks like they both used resto staffs and were healing at least to some degree. How lame ZoS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXYJ35uigVo
    Edited by blackweb on May 12, 2015 3:13AM
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL..... resto + Flappy wings for this boss guys.... who needs a group?

#ridiculously easy boss fight
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At work so I apologize for not being able to watch this, but that boss's mechanics make it difficult the more folks that fight. The purple rings can not be over lapped, otherwise it's a one hit kill, and after the suck in you have very little time to move away and out of the random aoe he puts on the floor. The fire rings are nasty and the flame shots are annoying, so go ranged, on heal staff, and keep moving through the fight and you should be ok.

Here is an example run through

Hope that helps
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    blackweb wrote: »
    Mezeluth is broken. Fall flat on your face, 30k ae. AE damage covers entire boss encounter area. Nice work ZoS!

That boss dies in 10 seconds before he can do ANYTHING. If its broken then its broken because its too easy.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As the guy says above: lately we kill the boss before the first pull in.

Content is getting trivialized by champion points. It's nice and rewarding to achieve champion points but... then what are they useful for, if there's nothing though to use them against?
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL..... resto + Flappy wings for this boss guys.... who needs a group?

#ridiculously easy boss fight

Can't count how many times while tanking my whole grp dies at the 1st bomb and I end up soloing it with Defensive Stance & Funnel Health.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are roll dodging on top of eachother.. lol you are noob and blame zos,.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they went from requiring work to downright glitchy impossible to what it is now.

Last time I was still firing off attacks, assuming she'd glitched or teleported, when in fact, she was already down.

They've a habit of going from one extreme to the other.

EDIT: The only thing I am aware of recently changed is that she is not supposed to but the fire rings in the inner area, so you don't get pulled in and just cook...
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 12, 2015 5:25PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just took this dung and this boss. .no deaths, no problems. Learn how to beat a boss before your scream nerf.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beat this boss as the tank after the party bit it by accident. The boss isn't hard, it just requires timing.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • ZOS_Seiffer
    ZOS_Seiffer
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I am aware of recently changed is that she is not supposed to but the fire rings in the inner area, so you don't get pulled in and just cook...
    Hello Merlin. We did make a change to Mezeluth's fire runes, but the change didn't deny her the chance to drop fire runes in the inner area. She will still drop fire runes inside the inner area, but she will only target players. Also, when you are being levitated by her stalking void ability, you will not take damage from a fire rune that may be raging beneath you.

Senior Designer | Dungeon Team
    Staff Post
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Seiffer , good to know. I'm just thankful to not get roasted over a spit with no chance to do anything about it!

I've made the 'helpful' mistake of dropping an Atronach dead center before the change...and we'll just say it turned out crispy.

I would like to see her difficulty cranked back up a bit with these changes now in place. She goes down entirely too easily.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 19, 2015 4:57PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

That boss dies in 10 seconds before he can do ANYTHING. If its broken then its broken because its too easy.

Pretty much agree with this. The entire boss mechanics are bypassed now people are hitting such high DPS.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Seiffer , good to know. I'm just thankful to not get roasted over a spit with no chance to do anything about it!

I've made the 'helpful' mistake of dropping an Atronach dead center before the change...and we'll just say it turned out crispy.

I would like to see her difficulty cranked back up a bit with these changes now in place. She goes down entirely too easily.

Well... Maybe crank it up.

@Seiffer, are you considering another difficulty tier? I'm also interested in what may be happening with the final stages of the champion system and how the team will account for rebalancing and power creep.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    double
    Edited by Shunravi on May 20, 2015 12:36PM
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    just took this dung and this boss. .no deaths, no problems. Learn how to beat a boss before your scream nerf.

I am not interested in resto staff tanking, chain-rezzing in dungeons or any other gimmicky tactic that keeps me or anyone else from actually playing their class. I have stopped running any veteran dungeon or doing any pledges if or until these gimmicky dungeon mechanics are fixed.

I quit GW2 because of gimmicky crap like this in dungeons.
    Edited by blackweb on May 20, 2015 10:54AM
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not interested in resto staff tanking in dungeons or any other gimmicky tactic that keeps me or anyone else from actually playing their class. I have stopped running any veteran dungeon or doing any pledges if or until these gimmicky dungeon mechanics are fixed.
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    At work so I apologize for not being able to watch this, but that boss's mechanics make it difficult the more folks that fight. The purple rings can not be over lapped, otherwise it's a one hit kill, and after the suck in you have very little time to move away and out of the random aoe he puts on the floor. The fire rings are nasty and the flame shots are annoying, so go ranged, on heal staff, and keep moving through the fight and you should be ok.

Here is an example run through

Hope that helps

Again, I am not interested in resto staff tanking or any other gimmicky tactics to beat bosses. I am done with vet dungeons and pledges.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What gimmicky tactics are you talking about. You can do any dungeon in this game with any class + weapon combination as long as you have a tank and a healer in your group. Only if you want to do a dungeon without a dedicated healer / tank you might need to adjust your weapon choice to your team mates.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    What gimmicky tactics are you talking about. You can do any dungeon in this game with any class + weapon combination as long as you have a tank and a healer in your group. Only if you want to do a dungeon without a dedicated healer / tank you might need to adjust your weapon choice to your team mates.

A tank is no longer needed on Mezeluth. I am don't with veteran dungeons and pledges.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last 5 times I have done this boss as a tank I just went in and did some light debuffs for *** and giggles, not really necessary and my 2dps and the healer that was just dps'ing killed it before she could pull us in at all. All the dungeons have been either nerfed to *** or our new found power in the Champion System has made them just as easy as those nerfed. Only way we have ever messed up a death challenge is when it requires us to do something before the boss dies or similar and we dps it down to hard to fast. In Banished Cells and Crypts of Heart we have to wait several minutes of not doing dmg for the right amount of adds to spawn. Only challenge in the game right now is SO, HM Trials and VDSA.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A tank is no longer needed on Mezeluth. I am don't with veteran dungeons and pledges.

No longer? A tank was never necessary for this fight. At least what people are suggesting is better than what has been a common strategy for the fight to lessen ground aoe; the tank waits in the other room. But if you don't want to run them anymore, that's your prerogative. Have fun with whatever.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am not interested in resto staff tanking in dungeons or any other gimmicky tactic that keeps me or anyone else from actually playing their class.
    and what is this supposed to mean? I'm honestly confused.

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    As the guy says above: lately we kill the boss before the first pull in.

Content is getting trivialized by champion points. It's nice and rewarding to achieve champion points but... then what are they useful for, if there's nothing though to use them against?

Yep. Our groups too. In and I start explaining the fight and instead of how it used to be me and 3 newbs (to that dungeon but good players) just nuke her/him. I am all 'or we can just do that'
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

I am not interested in resto staff tanking in dungeons or any other gimmicky tactic that keeps me or anyone else from actually playing their class.

Seems pretty clear to me. B)
    Edited by blackweb on May 22, 2015 11:45PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Seems pretty clear to me. B)

Nope, still confusing. What is "actually playing their class'? And please explain these gimmicky tactics that are oh so necessary.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny seeing a gripe thread about the CoH bosses, because they are some of the few bosses that can be soloed without much drama. I never knew that those AOEs could stack and cover the whole area!

Edited by Emma_Overload on May 24, 2015 6:52PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny seeing a gripe thread about the CoH bosses, because they are some of the few bosses that can be soloed without much drama. I never knew that those AOEs could stack and cover the whole area!
    "Clock-face" boss was always the non-intuitive one in this regard anyway. Fewer people, less AoE. Less AoE, more free real estate.

Earn it.