Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

whats with ALL of the tiger mounts being limited?

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little something called scarcity.
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    For me, I like that they are limited. Cool things in game are much cooler when not everyone in game has them. Won't it be awesome 5 months down the road when you have a mount that others want but can't have? Not sure what all the backlash on this is all about...

~Mystikkal

What makes you think that they wont keep bringing them back every couple months? Nowhere did it say they will never be offered again. It only says "limited time". So you wont have a mount noone else has access to unless you have the striped senche mount.

That's very possible - but I'd be disappointed by that. I assume if they do that, it won't be an exact replica. But like I said, I like that these things are for a limited time only. I hope that means, never again. But for some reason, most people want everyone else in the game to have the same item as them. Or they just like to complain about everything lol
    Edited by Mystikkal on May 19, 2015 2:45PM
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats with ALL of the tiger mounts being limited?

$$$. That's it. If people think they are getting a special buy they are more likely to buy. Did you know a certain leading chain store commissions "special" electronics for black friday and literally everything else in the store is on sale for the same price or cheaper other times throughout the year? There is actually 0 deal, 0 special....

Kinda like a reskinned mount :D

They gotta make money somehow, and a game still carrying day one bugs a year later, lag, and lack of content isn't going to sell well on its own. I don't fault them, I just wish they went with that old idea of "quality" being the selling point.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the logic of limited-time sales to prompt people to buy. When the Palomino horse wasn't available I kept thinking I wish I'd gotten it because I liked how it looked. But when it did come back on sale I didn't get it right away, I didn't get around to it at first and then started thinking I'd wait until I got paid at the end of the month. Which could easily turn into just never getting around to it at all. (Like my mental list of CDs I'm totally. definitely going to buy...sometime...) Making it limited time means people like me can't hesitate like that. You get on and get it at the first opportunity because otherwise you might miss out.

But what I don't understand is the appeal of 'exclusive' items for people who have already got them. I like (or dislike) things for their own sake, regardless of how many other people have them.

For example I think the beta monkey is actually one of the pets I see most often in game, but when I'm using mine I'm not thinking "I hope no one else around me has this so they can be impressed I saw an ad on Facebook for Beta access!" I'm thinking "I like the idea of my character having a pet monkey, I'll use him for a while." (Or "which of my 4 pets have I used the least this week? Monkey, I'll use the monkey for a bit.")

I'd much rather everything was available to everyone who wants it than have things artificially limited so the (I suspect very small) subset of people who get it and who care what other people might think can imagine that other people around them might be impressed that they were online when that item was available.

Edit: Also pedantic biologist note: neither a leopard or a panther is a tiger. (Although both a leopard and a tiger are panthers, or rather Panthera - the genus of large cats that also includes lions, jaguars and snow leopards.)
    Edited by Danikat on May 19, 2015 3:40PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunver wrote: »
    The sale was one time only. That is why I bought the mount(otherwise I wouldnt because I'm still waiting for discounts in the shop to spend my crowns). I would feel offended if Zenimax put Leopard Mount on the sale again and immiadately cancel my subscription for being lied to.
    They never once said that it was one time only. Available for a limited time means that it's not part of the regular always-there Crown Store offerings. It by no means even implies that it's one time only. Have you never seen any ads for fast food items available for a limited time? Or Disney movies being released on DVD or Blu-Ray, or (old school) VHS for a limited time? Unless the particular promotion was unsuccessful, they always come back later - usually for a limited time again, so that they can do the same thing again at a later date.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • GhostShadows
    GhostShadows
    ✭✭✭
    I will not buy cats , I'd rather wait for the black mammoth with fire in the legs
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Edit: Also pedantic biologist note: neither a leopard or a panther is a tiger. (Although both a leopard and a tiger are panthers, or rather Panthera - the genus of large cats that also includes lions, jaguars and snow leopards.)

Bigger problem for pedantic biologists: There is really no such thing as a Senche; be they tiger, panther, or otherwise. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i find it hard to believe that releasing something for 3 days will out sell a longer term offer. i get alot of people would buy EVERY one instead of the one they like if all were available but im not sure. 3 days is awful short
    No, but a lot of people in need of Crowns will run to the store and buy crown packs and load up their account to get it.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Dixa wrote: »
    Marketing 101

You folks whined to make this game b2p. Now, suffer the consequences.

Limited time items are more likely to sell than permanent options.

Google the f2p white paper. If more people read that there would be less whinging for every new mmorpg to go f2p/b2p.

Pretty much subscription ftw any day

Sub model only works if dev teams actually produce new content and consistent updates to keep player base satisfied and wanting more. Sub model doesn't work when all your subs run to the hills where there's tons of other F2P MMOs to keep them busy without charging a dime.
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Endangered specie.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not buy cats , I'd rather wait for the black mammoth with fire in the legs

If we can put a wedding veil on it, it will sell for $50.00 in the crown store.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axorn wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    It's called marketing strategic.

If it's limited they put psychological pressure on you to buy it, otherwise you would not be able to do it later and you'll regret not having done so.

^exactly^ but these mind tricks doesnt work on me im a stubborn person and i wont buy any limited mount. I like the black senche tough im not going to buy it just because its limited.

Let me know when you log on and I'll ride mine past you.
    Enjoy your high horse. ;)

*though (unless you meant you like your mounts rough-n-tough)

I have no problem with limited time items. Makes it more unique.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axorn wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    It's called marketing strategic.

If it's limited they put psychological pressure on you to buy it, otherwise you would not be able to do it later and you'll regret not having done so.

^exactly^ but these mind tricks doesnt work on me im a stubborn person and i wont buy any limited mount. I like the black senche tough im not going to buy it just because its limited.

Let me know when you log on and I'll ride mine past you.
    Enjoy your high horse. ;)

*though (unless you meant you like your mounts rough-n-tough)

I have no problem with limited time items. Makes it more unique.
    Every time I try to talk to an NPC in-game without dismounting and find that I can't (I've never figured out why you can talk to some while on your mount, but not others), I always say to myself "Well, I guess I'd better get off my high horse."
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Every time I try to talk to an NPC in-game without dismounting and find that I can't (I've never figured out why you can talk to some while on your mount, but not others), I always say to myself "Well, I guess I'd better get off my high horse."
    Some NPC like horse and don't mind having to look up and talk to you. Others find it rude and ignore you.

But they should change them all globally to force you to dismount instead. (so interacting with them causes an automatic dismount)

If you buy all 'limited' mounts (the 2 current ones and the next 8 that will be released slowly over the year) You should get a new title called 'WHALE"
    Edited by Natjur on May 19, 2015 10:24PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't so much mind the limited availability as I mind the fact that they're all big cats. Don't get me wrong, I effing LOVE cats, but...why not wolves? Or bears? Or trolls? Or Alit? Or Wamasu? Or Giant Snakes? There are so many creatures that are large enough to be ridden that it's a wee bit irritating to see cats everywhere.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for my wolf. >.>
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhass wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my wolf. >.>

^ wolf rules!^
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    armoured war bear ftw
    8df5082694fbf1ccb09ce74414ecd7a405080c319ea4d174e386bb886b3f38c5.jpg
    Edited by lathbury on May 20, 2015 12:18AM
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    You should buy it before it expire ?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I don't so much mind the limited availability as I mind the fact that they're all big cats. Don't get me wrong, I effing LOVE cats, but...why not wolves? Or bears? Or trolls? Or Alit? Or Wamasu? Or Giant Snakes? There are so many creatures that are large enough to be ridden that it's a wee bit irritating to see cats everywhere.

Patience... patience...
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZO Money-Sign.png
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because we are not customers we're bank accounts, and Zo$ wants to do every thing possible to get as much of our account as they can. So, limited time merchandise to make the impulse spenders jump on it.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarcity drives value.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    Well We wish We could say We were surprised that Zenimax took the 'special unique mount' that only the 'most loyal' members of this game were supposed to get and 'recolured' it vaguely to resell it as a 'limited item,' but We are not really surprised at the slightest. Just rather frustrated and angry, feeling foolish for having spent the 100+€ to buy the CE Imperial Edition for the PC in order to support this game, having trusted Zenimax in saying they would never go away from the subscription model, and well.. that our CE 'exclusives' were actually exclusive (hint; like the tiger mount, they are not.)

Yeah.. Gonna probably be canceling our subscription soon. Sick and tired of your lies and crap, Zenimax. GG. Way to run off your core member base and the most loyal of your supporters with your persistent crap.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a trick just to lure people into buying it. If you got the loyalty you don't need another skin. If you have another mount you might want to due to RP. But if just used for transport any mount will do. Stats are same. Don't fall for it. Resist the money grab.

Witcher 3 is great. 16 FREE DLC afterwards. no tricks.

e0JaKfO.jpg
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    Boys... Girls...

Do you get any "extras" beside the fact of being just a mount with a different model?
    I mean, does your wheat-eating motorcycle now get NOS-Injection? Or in terms of the panther... flesh-eating motorcycle, of course.

No. You don't get anything special - the same mount as the tiger, just with different textures.

So, I'm fine with it if not everyone has it. Limited = Exclusivity. Take it as long as it's there - or rip.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still really want a camel, though I can appreciate the hump might cause some technical issues.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭

You make it sound like knowing what is happening suddenly makes it acceptable.

acceptable? not a lot of businesses caring much about that word nowadays. read: nestle bottled water in California

the white paper I allude to talks about how the marketing strategies of f2p games were designed by psychologists, and that no matter how much willpower you have you WILL give in if you play long enough and are bombarded with enough advertisements for shortcuts. a study was conducted on the effects and the findings were that in over 95% of the test cases, people bought more in the cash shop than they would have spent on a sub-only no cash shop option.

this, along with lockboxes being a form of unregulated gambling, are just some of the reasons why f2p is actually a very bad model.

yet why is anyone surprised, especially with the current generation of twenty-somethings who think torrenting new movies on their release day is morally acceptable behavior? free free free...give me everything for free. because the people who made these products worked for free. clearly.
    Edited by Dixa on May 20, 2015 8:49AM
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    It's the classic Disney/McRib strategy--artificially inflating the value of something by slapping a "For a Limited Time Only" sticker on it.

mcribs are sold at a loss by most franchise owners if you do not buy a soda at the same time.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Dixa wrote: »
    Marketing 101

You folks whined to make this game b2p. Now, suffer the consequences.

Limited time items are more likely to sell than permanent options.

Google the f2p white paper. If more people read that there would be less whinging for every new mmorpg to go f2p/b2p.

Pretty much subscription ftw any day

Sub model only works if dev teams actually produce new content and consistent updates to keep player base satisfied and wanting more. Sub model doesn't work when all your subs run to the hills where there's tons of other F2P MMOs to keep them busy without charging a dime.

sub model works fine with updates twice a year.

folks that think they need more need to better track their finances. call of duty scrubs pay more on their game and each subsequent 2 hour dlc in a years time than a typical sub mmorpg player does. that call of duty model is something Destiny embraced. they just release their second 30 dollar "expansion" (and I use that term very, very loosely) in less than a year.