Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will we get a wolf?

Wicked_Wolf
Wicked_Wolf
✭✭✭✭
They keep releasing all these cat pets and mounts but has there ever been word of a wolf? I'd understand if they didn't release a mount but I don't see why we can't have a wolf pet. Back in the way early days there was even a class that had a hawk and wolf as battle pets, but it was scrapped. Couldn't we get those two released as cosmetic pets at least?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, your main want is a wolf? I want more end game content. Mounts and especially pets are lower on my list.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, your main want is a wolf? I want more end game content. Mounts and especially pets are lower on my list.

He's just talkin about pets specifically.

And thank you very much for sharing your priority list.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Jroc
    Jroc
    ✭✭✭

Well his name is Wicked Wolf, and his pic is a wolf he probably really likes wolves.
    It's all good Bollywood
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with this, but since ZOS seems intent on putting their efforts into the CrownStore, it may as well be with something with a little more zing than cats and dogs and fantasy pets. The panther is cool, but a wolf would be cooler. I might consider parting with some of my crowns for a wolf, and I don't even like dragging pets around.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 19, 2015 1:58PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

FFS Giles yes I am asking for a wolf. You know why? Because I've asked for content for months; thieves guild, DB, imperial city, dungeons, wrothgar, justice pvp, etc. And, never get any update whatsoever about any of these things, no mater how much we ask. What I do see is nonstop console talk and crown store updates everywhere. If the crown store is going to be so damn prevalent in this game, then I am at least going to ask for what I'd like to be included. I hate cash shops and I wish the game was sub only still with regular content. But, it's never going to happen again. I'm now sitting with a ton of crowns that don't get used, so I might as well ask for something that will use them. Hopefully, if enough people do, that regular content stream will return.

Ps: thanks for letting me know what's on your list, as it is incredibly relevant to my topic.
    Edited by Wicked_Wolf on May 19, 2015 1:46PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FFS Giles yes I am asking for a wolf. You know why? Because I've asked for content for months; thieves guild, DB, imperial city, dungeons, wrothgar, justice pvp, etc. And, never get any update whatsoever about any of these things, no mater how much we ask. What I do see is nonstop console talk and crown store updates everywhere. If the crown store is going to be so damn prevalent in this game, then I am at least going to ask for what I'd like to be included. I hate cash shops and I wish the game was sub only still with regular content. But, it's never going to happen again. I'm now sitting with a ton of crowns that don't get used, so I might as well ask for something that will use them. Hopefully, if enough people do, that regular content stream will return.

Ps: thanks for letting me know what's on your list, as it is incredibly relevant to my topic.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have not yet heard any plans for a wolf pet but I'm sure the people who data mine the new items that aren't in the game yet will post something in advance.

Also did you post this in that gigantic official crown store request thread yet?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's that wolfhound pet... it's kind of a Dog, really, but it counts.

..I'm happy with the fox and puppies, no wolfs urgently needed ~
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf pet and wolf polymorph costume please!!!!!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Hehehe... :)

I would like to see both a wolf pet and a wolf mount.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I have not yet heard any plans for a wolf pet but I'm sure the people who data mine the new items that aren't in the game yet will post something in advance.

Also did you post this in that gigantic official crown store request thread yet?

I didn't see that one but I will post there, thank you.
    Lenikus wrote: »
    Well, there's that wolfhound pet... it's kind of a Dog, really, but it counts.

..I'm happy with the fox and puppies, no wolfs urgently needed ~

Thank you for your post. I do have the wolfhound, but as you said, it's a dog. Cool pet, but certainly not a wolf lol. Glad you're happy with the fox and puppies. I mean that. At the end of the day, none of them are urgently needed, when you think about it. Just wanted to voice my request, like many who asked for the guars and sanche's.
    Edited by Wicked_Wolf on May 19, 2015 3:40PM
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    White Dire Wolf Pet, PLEASE! TAKE MY MONEY! Maybe it could serve as a mount as well? I wonder if that would be possible, to be able to choose to use it as a pet sometimes, a mount at others?
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Wolf pet and wolf polymorph costume please!!!!!

I seriously doubt we'll see anything like a wolf polymorph. (a) If you're talking about a natural-looking wolf, they won't do that because you wouldn't be human-shaped and therefore gameplay and animations wouldn't work properly. (b) If you're talking about an anthropomorphic wolf, that's already the province of werewolves and I doubt they'd put a costume in the game to allow you to mimic the power of a werewolf without actually being one.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you specify the wolf please? Like how big it shall be, the color of its fur and whatnot. These are important questions, sir.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Can you specify the wolf please? Like how big it shall be, the color of its fur and whatnot. These are important questions, sir.

lol I just want something that looks like what's already in game. Nothing special. And, I'm cool with just a pet. A wolf mount would be amazing but not sure it fits with Tamriel.
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care much for in-game pets of any type, but a wolf mount is one of the very few things I would actually spend some Crowns on. I suspect there's all sorts of lore reasons why it might not happen, but there's all sorts of $ reasons it might :smiley:
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I hope we don't get a wolf mount only because of my disappointment that ESO is quickly turning in to a game of "strapping saddles to everything large enough to hold a person", I would probably buy a wolf pet. Or wolf-skin armor/motif.
    Edited by BBSooner on May 19, 2015 6:58PM
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    When ZO$ says so. Besides cat model still has to go through its cycle of pallet-swaps before the wolf model can take its place.
  • NerevarTelvanni
    They keep releasing all these cat pets and mounts but has there ever been word of a wolf? I'd understand if they didn't release a mount but I don't see why we can't have a wolf pet. Back in the way early days there was even a class that had a hawk and wolf as battle pets, but it was scrapped. Couldn't we get those two released as cosmetic pets at least?

It's because unfortunately the Internet is the domain of the cat.
    ╔═════════════════════════════════╗
    Forged by war the Ebonheart rose
    And drove the Akaviri back to the sea
    When the enemy begged for the mercy they lacked
    Three voices as one shouted "Blood for the Pact!"
    Forged by war, our story be told
    No shackles can hold us
    Whether moonstone or gold.
    ╚═════════════════════════════════╝
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭

1. go woods
    2. kill a wolf
    3. pretend u can ressurect it
    4. pretend it follows you
    solved

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »

1. go woods
    2. kill a wolf
    solved

I vote ZOS use this solution for everything we ask for:

Want Housing?
    1. Go inside NPC house
    2. Pretend they're family
    solved

Want new zones?
    1. Create new character.
    2. Pretend it's your first time playing
    solved

Want new class?
    1. Equip skills you don't currently use
    solved
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

I expect a Wolf mount
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

1. go woods
    2. kill a wolf
    solved

Want Housing?
    1. Go inside NPC house
    solved

Want new zones?
    1. Create new character.
    solved

Want new class?
    solved

Had to give you an 'Awesome' for that one... lolol
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

1. go woods
    2. kill a wolf
    solved

Want Housing?
    1. Go inside NPC house
    solved

Want new zones?
    1. Create new character.
    solved

Want new class?
    solved

lol genuinely laughed out loud at this one
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. go woods
    2. kill a wolf
    solved

Want Housing?
    1. Go inside NPC house
    solved

Want new zones?
    1. Create new character.
    solved

Want new class?
    solved
    Reminds me of the Tull's Tips segment from Conan... :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim
    The reason why a wolf pet wasn't one of the first things, to be released in the crown store is beyond me. It is about time ZOS add a wolf - after four dogs and a fox. Even the Thane of Fullhelm Fort has a wolf companion - why can't I have one?
    Nothing flamboyant - one just like those grey wolves, which roam the wilds of Eastmarch.
    Edited by Wolfgrim on May 20, 2015 6:34PM
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, all the yes to wolves! And cheese! Cheese for everyone!
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP: