The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Roll Call - Calling all guilds! Help spread this addon!

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings fellow walkers.

This is not a spam post! I am humbling requesting the community consider the following addon in their guilds and groups as it requires others having it installed to support the group functionality.

What is it?

This is a group-supported addon which enables /roll functionality as you might be familiar with from other games. The default mode is to do a roll out of 100 and post the result to group along with your name. You can also do /roll 10 or /roll 50 to roll out of 10 or 50, and there is an option to set the default mode when just typing /roll by itself. Example: Mk37fmO.jpg

The group posting is handled through the addon and output via system message so there is no way to "fake it," especially since ZOS removed the ability to colorize text with chat codes (the message outputs in gold text, being a system message).

Additionally, there are several "RP" modes available. For example, typing /roll 6, /roll 12, /roll 18, or /roll 24 will toss 1, 2, 3, or 4 Wooden Dice, respectively. The output of these "special" rolls is also somewhat different. Example: rEG1xUR.jpg

There is also a coin mode available using /toss. Example: z9zgJN5.jpg

The icons WILL be shown in group as well, but the whole message will only go to group members that actually have the addon installed, which is why I would like to get more using it! (Even if you aren't in a group you will still see your own results.)

One more thing (also useful for RP), is the option to output the results to the ACTIVE chat instead of group. I bold "active" because it does exactly that. It starts a new post to whatever chat you are in (group, say, guild, zone, etc.), and you can then hit enter again to post it. (NOTE: You have to hit enter to post it as ZOS prevents addons from actually posting the message they generate to chat to prevent addon-generated spam.)

What you can do for example is type /e or /emote to go into emote mode then type /roll or /toss with whatever options, and the addon will create an emote string for you with the results. Example:

vgUqALb.jpg

So, there you have it! Tell your guildmates today, so we can see more coins and dice in group chat!

Download at ESOUI.com: Roll Call
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had someone in chat ask me how to roll dice and toss coins as I was making the screenshots for the text output emotes for this post. :)
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly bump.

(Is bumping even allowed? Too many rules here)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably best not to ask. ;)

Something I have found this fun for is "karma crunching." Well you might call it something different but that's just what sprung to mind.

Anyway, right before I loot a cabinet or treasure chest or take on a difficult enemy I'll do a /roll or a /toss and see what the RNG have to say about my chances of success/phat lewts. :p

Silly I know, but for some reason I find it entertaining.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think only shameless self bumping is not allowed.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Does everyone need the addon to see the results?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollwut wrote: »
    Does everyone need the addon to see the results?

Only people with the addon who are also in your group will see the results as you see them, with the icons and system yellow text output. HOWEVER, if you put the addon in chat mode, anyone in the chat channel you post the results to will see it, even if they don't have the addon. (Of course the cool looking dice and coin icons will be missing since those come with the addon.)

I just uploaded a new version which allows /roll 1000 as well. It might be a while before ESOUI.com approves it.