Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recent change causing the game to lock up?

KoRRoDEAD
KoRRoDEAD
So me and my wife have been playing since launch, they don't run on max settings but good enough with a decent FPS.

Recently (past couple days) my wife has been experiencing the game completely freezing and not responding, sometimes within seconds of logging into her character. the other night she only logged in to chat to guild members and sometimes while typing it would break and force her to end task.

Anyone else experience this or know why this might be happening when it was fine in the year prior.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try repairing game install, and updating your addons/drivers (graphics/mobo/sound mainly)

And defragging HD helps with performance as well.

There is issues with the game, granted, regardless of how good your rig or net is however.

But basic maintenence does sort some issues.

Good luck.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    Last week or so this issue has got real bad. Freezes up and doesnt respond on both desktop and laptop. Both are high end systems with 16 gig ram. On laptop I run 64bit win 8.1 and desktop is 64bit win 7. Run both in admin mode.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just happened to me minutes ago.
    Happened several times over the weekend as well.
    I have a high end computer, ESO is a buggy client and has tons of problems that have been ongoing since beta.

It is likely not your pc, the feedback you get from a ZOS tag will likely not help you either. Do a search of the forum for the random crashes and you will see feedback provided that changed nothing. Again, these type of issues have been around since the beta.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Might try updating the vid drivers to the new one just released by nvidia - streamer service was causing issues -
    if you are running nvidia that is. I disabled the service
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Tashira wrote: »
    Might try updating the vid drivers to the new one just released by nvidia - streamer service was causing issues -
    if you are running nvidia that is. I disabled the service

On my latest Nvidia driver install, I only selected the graphics driver and the physics, I unchecked everything else. Now the un-needed nvidea services are completely removed. (game still crashing though)
  • Hrodelbert
    Hrodelbert
    Soul Shriven
    Dysturbed wrote: »
    Last week or so this issue has got real bad. Freezes up and doesnt respond on both desktop and laptop. Both are high end systems with 16 gig ram. On laptop I run 64bit win 8.1 and desktop is 64bit win 7. Run both in admin mode.

Same here, when I'm ingame and cooperate with other members the game crashes back to the desktop. Done all the helpdesk advised me. Nothing works out: fresh install, repair, new launcher installment, client update, etc. Now I can't even start up the game. My desktop matches the recommended settings (don't even play on Ultra). Ran in admin mode, black screen. Game doesn't respond anymore. Support wants to have the full GameConsulant Report. No particular issues found.