Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for an add-on dev for idea

Savetti
Savetti
✭✭✭
I am looking for someone to make a simple addon that will let you roll a 6 sided dice and post the results in specifically group chat.
Any takers? =)
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Well, a simple chat command

/script d(math.random(6))

will return a number (0..6) but only to your chat.

Or... You can do more complex command to get that number to your chat edit box

/script CHAT_SYSTEM:StartTextEntry(tostring(math.random(6)), nil, nil)

So you can hit enter in your group chat with that number.
    Edited by Fyrakin on May 14, 2015 1:35PM
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this out:

Roll Call by Phinix

;)
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Check this out:

Roll Call by Phinix

;)

I saw that one, but everyone who needs to see the results must have the addon as well. =(
    which I guess is an okay workaround. I was just hoping there would be a way to do it without needing everyone to have the addon.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I can add an option to choose to send it to chat instead of to the group via system message...

The problem with that is the icons will not be supported if they don't have the addon. Also, the game doesn't allow you to spam the chat via addons. I can send a message to the chat with an addon, but you still have to manually hit enter to post it.

If that seems like something that would be wanted/needed I can add the option.
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Well, group chat would be preferred.

I didn't realize the limits for the API. From what you are saying it looks like the system wont let you post directly to group chat without it going to the chat box and then you pressing enter. Only problem with that is people could modify the results prior to pressing enter.=/

Would be awesome if we could just roll the dice and then it auto posts the results to group chat. I understand not being able to spam public chat. but they should let us post to group chat
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Savetti wrote: »
    I didn't realize the limits for the API. From what you are saying it looks like the system wont let you post directly to group chat without it going to the chat box and then you pressing enter. Only problem with that is people could modify the results prior to pressing enter.=/

Well, they could just as easily type the whole thing manually once they knew what the addon text format looked like, and post that in group chat, and no one would be able to tell whether it was generated by the addon or manually typed. That is why I like my original method of having it post to group chat through the addon. There is no way to "fake it."

That said, I am about to upload a new version that gives you the option to send the output to the chat box. You can then hit enter and it will post it to whatever chat you are in.

This is particularly handy if you are in /e or /emote mode. It will post it as an emote!
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they could just as easily type the whole thing manually once they knew what the addon text format looked like, and post that in group chat, and no one would be able to tell whether it was generated by the addon or manually typed.

That is a good point. lol

This might be a weird question... But is there a way to where they couldn't edit the text? There is an addon I use called merlin the enchanter or something like that. it posts the glyph I make to chat box, but if i remove any of the letters the whole thing gets deleted. If there was something similar to that, then they couldn't edit the results. However, with it posting directly to chat and skipping the box, that is optimal.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could still just manually type the string. You couldn't edit the string sure, but when it actually makes it to chat, there would still be no way to tell if the whole thing was manually typed without even having the addon installed.

Just FYI I just uploaded a new version of Roll Call with the option to send to chat. May be a while before ESOUI.com approves it. Make sure you grab the 1.0beta4 release which has the changes. Also check out the change log and screenshots.
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 16, 2015 10:11PM
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    okay cool! thanks I will check it out
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    This addon is actually really good. My wife and I were testing it back and fourth gambling. It was fun! works perfect too. I will just need to get others to install it as well.
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    @AlienDiplomat I am in need of an addon to help with guild raffles. Would you be able to make something like that? It seems that the large guilds that use one are using a private addon, they don't want smaller guilds or new guilds to have access to it. I think thats a little messed up. But oh well.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not opposed to doing commissions... Would be nice to get a kickstarter for addon development though since I basically do this in my spare time. :p

What sort of functionality are you looking for? Describe to me in detail what you want, and I can make it reality.
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have an email I could contact you through? Somewhere that is not the forums =)

thanks
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil