Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT V DUNGEON AND TRIAL DIFFICULTY?

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navaya wrote: »
    This game is so EASY compared to other MMORPGs.

A Vr Dungeon can be done with 3 people, some bosses even with 1-2 people.
    Trials can be finished in less than 10min (except for SO).
    DSA Vet can be finished around 1h.

As with all MMORPGs you need to play and practice. If everything could have been done on the first try then it would be a extremely boring game.

Find a good guild, read about some good builds to get higher dps, play more to get better.

This game is not to hard, it's actually to easy.

I find the other games are easy if not easier for dungeons, because most rely on skill patterns, dps gates, and gear requirements. It feels easier in ESO, to me at least, because there isn't 20 minutes of trash killing to get to a boss and when you do get to a boss:
    - anyone can rez
    - taunt doesn't break from too much healing or dps (though it does drop at times from what I'm guessing is an anti bot mechanic)
    - most bosses don't enrage
    - watching for the cue signs you can dodge, block, or use any skill if you have the resources. Other games you may need to wait on global cool downs.
    - folks can fill out a tank, dps, and healer role in multiple ways and cross switch roles, so tank to dps or dps to healer, with a weapon swap.

The "skill" required in a lot of other games is about the global cool downs and gear. In ESO you can run these things naked if your skilled enough on watching for cues and having an organized group
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are way too easy. Sanctum Ophidia was lately completed by a group consisting only out of 6 players...

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169957/serpent-trial-with-6-people-beyond-infinity
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    I think they are way too easy. Sanctum Ophidia was lately completed by a group consisting only out of 6 players...

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169957/serpent-trial-with-6-people-beyond-infinity

So let me ask this, what should be done to "raise" the difficulty to stop this, if it was an issue?
  • alfoner
    alfoner
    ✭✭
    Yea i can't find a single PVE guild in EU server. actualy i did find couple but both are almost dead guils -.-
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    alfoner wrote: »
    Yea i can't find a single PVE guild in EU server. actualy i did find couple but both are almost dead guils -.-

Yeah this is the only challenge in this game: finding a guild with dedicated players that did not disband yet.

But then, if you think about it, why would a dedicated ("hard core") guild even exist? There's 1 challenging boss in 1 instance in the whole game, hard core-rs go away after it's on farm.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...are freaking brain dead and have no idea what a poop they are doing.

I love this!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuaan on Vet dungeons:
    UrQuan wrote: »

The difficulty is definitely higher than regular dungeons, but it's far from insurmountable. I've been running them with my real life friends, and we're far from hardcore gamers (I play way more than they do, and I'm really not a hardcore gamer - I don't do much min/maxing or theorycrafting or anything), yet we've been able to get gold keys from the pledges with a little effort.

After spending 3-4 frustrating hours attempting to get past the one firey-mouthed Daedroth in the Vet version of Banished Cells .... I am not convinced that "A little effort" is going to cut it.

I went in with a group of four - we've played before together, know each other's strengths & weaknesses, use teamspeak to warn each other and communicate. We even had one character completely respect because she'd put too many points into magicka and was getting one-shotted by the sonova-#$@#$.

Some highlights:

Left midway to fix armor because the main tank had his armor values down to "0" across the board.

Tank got fried with TWO templar healers (besides potions and a devoted twilight matriarch) trying to keep him alive.

One-shot by baddie that did OVER SIXTY THOUSAND DAMAGE ... really I wish I was kidding.

Finally we noted a thing in the death recapps that basically said that this dude's weakness was shock. Oh really? So in order to have a chance you have to happen to have a storm mage who specializes and has all the right combos and morphs (BTW "overload" did not seem to do much)?

I do not like puzzles. I do not like "only one way to succeed". This is not fun.

Design flaw.

Edited: horrifying grammar at one point
    Edited by newtinmpls on May 16, 2015 3:00PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

So let me ask this, what should be done to "raise" the difficulty to stop this, if it was an issue?

The easiest way for ZOS to fix it without putting in a lot of resources is just to come up with another increased difficulty mode for trials and dungeons. Rather than only applying to the final boss, come up with an increased difficulty mode that applies to the whole trial. I would have it to add an additional boss or two, increase all enemy damage done, increase all enemy health, add new mechanics, ect.

I would explain it by having some new antagonist show up and start granting enemies extra power. Putting the new difficulty into another mode is good because it allows the more advanced players to have a greater challenge without impacting the players that currently have trouble with content.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 16, 2015 3:05PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're too easy IMO. As soon as you know a dungeons boss mechanics and have a team of smart/well built (not heavy armour DPS) character they're boring to play and easy. :disappointed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    UrQuaan on Vet dungeons:

The difficulty is definitely higher than regular dungeons, but it's far from insurmountable. I've been running them with my real life friends, and we're far from hardcore gamers (I play way more than they do, and I'm really not a hardcore gamer - I don't do much min/maxing or theorycrafting or anything), yet we've been able to get gold keys from the pledges with a little effort.

After spending 3-4 frustrating hours attempting to get past the one firey-mouthed Daedroth in the Vet version of Banished Cells .... I am not convinced that "A little effort" is going to cut it.

I went in with a group of four - we've played before together, know each other's strengths & weaknesses, use teamspeak to warn each other and communicate. We even had one character completely respect because she'd put too many points into magicka and was getting one-shotted by the sonova-#$@#$.

Some highlights:

Left midway to fix armor because the main tank had his armor values down to "0" across the board.

Tank got fried with TWO templar healers (besides potions and a devoted twilight matriarch) trying to keep him alive.

One-shot by baddie that did OVER SIXTY THOUSAND DAMAGE ... really I wish I was kidding.

Finally we noted a thing in the death recapps that basically said that this dude's weakness was shock. Oh really? So in order to have a chance you have to happen to have a storm mage who specializes and has all the right combos and morphs (BTW "overload" did not seem to do much)?

I do not like puzzles. I do not like "only one way to succeed". This is not fun.

Design flaw.

Lucky for you, you do not need to have a storm mage. Any class played correctly can kill him solo within about two minutes. You also do not need a healer at all, if you have a tank that actually knows what he's doing (i.e. is able to move out of the fire).

If you use two healers the fight will obviously only get much harder because, I guess that your groups DPS is pretty bad to begin with and if you then have only one.. will just make the fight longer and make the tanks mistakes that much more lethal to everyone.

Sometimes, it's just as easy as seeing that you simply need to improve your gameplay. Other times I guess you can complain about it on the forums so that it gets nerfed. I don't really care, Vet BC is already soloable .. it's not like it was hard to begin with. History of ESO.. nerfs nerfs nerfs nerfs everywhere.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuaan on Vet dungeons:

Some highlights:

Design flaw.

Qk, but what are you doing? Theres a lot of QQ here, but not much else.

And btw, you don't need lightning. I'm not even certain that that weakness is true. "only one way to succeed" simply does not exist.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuaan on Vet dungeons:

Some highlights:

Design flaw.

1. There is more than one way to achieve victory in these fights, there just happens to be one "best way".
    2. It sounds to me like you had a disturbing lack of Damage output.
    3. Your tank...is awful. He needs to play better if he's dropping like that. I tried to come up with an encouraging way to say that, but there isn't one. Your tank clearly needs to learn how to play. One does not sit in fire and let it eat up resources, one moves from the fire in a manner that protects his party. Generally staying out of the middle of the room and tanking into corners is enough for the DPS to burn down this beast.
    4. Are you people still wearing gear you found while questing? Are you taking advantage of set bonuses and synergies?

Sorry, but as much as I want to offer encouragement, that entire incident sounds like you had little to no DPS and a tank who didn't know what he was doing. No, you shouldn't have to constantly change your preferred playstyle to a specific way of doing things to play, but if you want to do the content that many people would consider "End Game" then you have got to be flexible enough to recognize that your way might just be terrible.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    Lol to this thread. ALL in this Game is to easy. Learn to play guys, search a guild for faster make a party and stop trolling ;)
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3. Your tank...is awful. He needs to play better if he's dropping like that. I tried to come up with an encouraging way to say that, but there isn't one. Your tank clearly needs to learn how to play. One does not sit in fire and let it eat up resources, one moves from the fire in a manner that protects his party. Generally staying out of the middle of the room and tanking into corners is enough for the DPS to burn down this beast.
    I'm gonna have to agree. I tanked BC at v2 before level scaling (in fact, it was my first vet dungeon ever), I tanked it at v8-14 range after scaling, it really isn't that hard. We usually have more trouble with Imiril than the daedroth, tbh. All the daedroth requires from a tank is steady walk along the walls and stepping out of the bloody red cone.
    Edited by Rosveen on May 16, 2015 7:03PM
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    WTF,

Time for a first Boss. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE. PLL start rage quitting.

Easy solution to you problems mate.

For Vet dungeon you need

a) TEMPLAR HEALER. No DK/NB/SORC. they are completely useless. Resto staff dots do not cut it, you need a 3-4 abilities that only the Templar Healer has. Especially when you do not have the "Immortal Emperor Dragonknight" as tank.

b) Vampires DO SUCK in Vet Dungeons. Full stop. Never ever get a Vampire member in Vet Dungeon. Maybe they can pull it on a trial since there are 3-4 healers around, but never in a 4 man. Hell the majority do suck in normal dungeons also.

c) DD. At least one Destro Staff Sorc or Destro Staff DK if the dungeon is V12. All these NB Bow users, have pathetic DPS for vet dungeons.

Sorc vamp here. Heal the dailies everyday often with 0 deaths.

Edit - healed vet elden hollow today for instance with only one death (tank and was just unfortunate). I also have 13k health lol.
    OK, I'm not surprised at the "sorc vamp healer" part of it... Anyone who thinks only Templars can be effective healers, or that Vampires can't be effective in vet dungeons is wrong, pure and simple.

What does surprise me is 13K health... How do you manage with such low health?

@UrQuan http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169267/pve-tank-build-brandalfs-shocker-sorc-tank#latest

I been doing this for a while, with my own playstyle tewaks but sorc are easy as cake and fun to play, it's a very active playstyle though and not just faceroll mash mash mash of buttons. I'm not as good at the guy in the video though

0.jpg
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuaan on Vet dungeons:

Some highlights:

Design flaw.

Interesting timing on your post. I just ran vet BC for the first time last night.

I had a harder time than I've had in the other vet dungeons that I've done, but I attribute that to the fact that the other ones I've done have been with people I'm used to dungeon runs with, while last night I don't think any of us had played with each other before. Also, I was running my Templar healer as a DPS (when I'm doing solo PVE with him I play him as a DPS, but this is the first time I've tried to play him as a DPS in a dungeon - let alone a vet dungeon), and while I think I had OK AOE DPS, I didn't have very good single-target DPS, and I think that hurt us. Also, only one of us (I think) had ever run the dungeon before.

So some highlights from my own BC run last night:

I think we wiped once on the Daedroth boss, but we got past him without too much trouble. Well, aside from a lot of "oh man SO MUCH FIRE!!!!" in Teamspeak... And I think we were definitely straining our healer's resources on that fight, because we kind of let the fire get way more out of control than we probably should have.

The boss who keeps summoning daedric adds (where they just build up if you don't burn them down fast enough and you can end up with multiple sets of them at a time) gave us some problems until we started to use CC on the adds as soon as they spawned to keep them in place while we pumped out AOEs on them so that we wouldn't end up with more than one set of adds at a time. Well, except for the Clannfears - we always ended up with a few of them still alive by the time the next set of adds came, but we were able to keep it under control until we eventually burned the boss down.

The two harvester sisters were surprisingly easy. I really expected 2 harvester bosses at the same time to be hard. We just took them one at a time and they were down before we knew it.

Rilis was a serious struggle. Like a serious struggle. We wiped on him more times than I'd like to think about. Naturally we were going for a gold key, so that didn't make it any easier. We also wiped once before we actually knew about how the nasty DoT from being sent up in a bubble worked, and how to get rid of it before it kills you. We stopped after one wipe to grab some new food, tri-pots, repairs. We switched up some skills too. There were probably 4 times when we came insanely close before wiping.

In the end, we got into a good rhythm of communication and coordinating. We worked on having the tank pull the Daedroths towards Rilis before we would drop ultimates on them, kept an eye out for the feasts so we could burn them down before they got to Rilis, concentrated as much DPS on Rilis as possible, I helped with the healing when our healer was trapped in a bubble or out of magicka (actually keeping on top of who was trapped in a bubble and making sure we compensated was key), and when needed we kept on top of who was ressing and who was keeping them alive while they did that.

Bottom line, at the end of the night we got our gold key (right after we kind of stopped trying for the gold key actually), and boy was it ever satisfying.

So yeah, it's tough, but persevere, try different tactics and/or builds, and you can get through it. Even if you're not a hardcore expert, and you're playing with other non-hardcore folks who you've never played with before. Just don't rage-quit and try not to get frustrated. Last night was probably the toughest dungeon run I've done, but man did I ever have a blast. I'm pretty sure we all did.

Of course, I've also decided that my Templar healer may be good at DPSing solo PVE, and he may be just fine for DPS in a non-vet dungeon, but he's probably not really up to DPSing vet dungeons. At least not without me putting some more thought into getting better at the single-target DPS.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    @UrQuan you just ignored my post^^ /cry
    Actually, after writing up a reply to @newtinmpls I went off to read the thread you linked and then got distracted lol. I'm still amazed at the idea of running vet dungeons with so little health. It seems like if you just make one mistake you can die so easily... I mean if you're really on the ball and firing off all the right skills at all the right times, and dodging etc all at just the right time, I can see how it could work, but man, a magicka-based tank seems so risky if you make any mistakes. Maybe I'm biased because my VR7 tank runs at 31K health.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, after writing up a reply to @newtinmpls I went off to read the thread you linked and then got distracted lol. I'm still amazed at the idea of running vet dungeons with so little health. It seems like if you just make one mistake you can die so easily... I mean if you're really on the ball and firing off all the right skills at all the right times, and dodging etc all at just the right time, I can see how it could work, but man, a magicka-based tank seems so risky if you make any mistakes. Maybe I'm biased because my VR7 tank runs at 31K health.

maybe that's why it's fun?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeps the adrenaline going because you know you're one slip-up away from getting killed? :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeps the adrenaline going because you know you're one slip-up away from getting killed? :D

if you're shield falls you're one hit away from dead :) I dunno but I love sorc tanking :)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The easiest way for ZOS to fix it without putting in a lot of resources is just to come up with another increased difficulty mode for trials and dungeons. Rather than only applying to the final boss, come up with an increased difficulty mode that applies to the whole trial. I would have it to add an additional boss or two, increase all enemy damage done, increase all enemy health, add new mechanics, ect.

I would explain it by having some new antagonist show up and start granting enemies extra power. Putting the new difficulty into another mode is good because it allows the more advanced players to have a greater challenge without impacting the players that currently have trouble with content.

again, WHAT should make it more difficult? More mechanics, more stats required? A DPS requirement? They do have a lot of things in these dungeons and trials that make it difficult when you first do them, which makes them entertaining, but once you have a pattern down then most seem to be annoyed with the grind. Other games like WOW or EQ have issues where they place the difficulty with stats and gear, so no mater how much you train, you're not doing it until you grind AA for so many runs, then he rah, then you can do SO, just to get gear that makes it all easier. In here though, you can run these nearly naked if you can dodgeroll or block properly. I just see a lot asking for the challenge, then mitigation stacking when it's too hard or complaining when that fails.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    [Vet BC is already soloable .. it's not like it was hard to begin with. History of ESO.. nerfs nerfs nerfs nerfs everywhere.

Soloable? So tell me that its soloable by a Vet 1 with no champion points and I can be really depressed.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Can't answer that question till you tell me what QQ means.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some lovely descriptions of overcoming frustrations here:
    So yeah, it's tough, but persevere, try different tactics and/or builds, and you can get through it. Even if you're not a hardcore expert, and you're playing with other non-hardcore folks who you've never played with before. Just don't rage-quit and try not to get frustrated. Last night was probably the toughest dungeon run I've done, but man did I ever have a blast. I'm pretty sure we all did.

I do understand and value the struggle to figure something out and persevere and "win". But when nothing we did made much difference - it stopped being fun.

Now we aren't idiots - but were are relatively new to vet in this game and we don't have that high a DPS as a group (as I might have mentioned in the first post: Vet4 Tank/archer, Vet2 Dragonknight/archer/Sword&board, Vet1 Sorc/Sword&board/2H, and Vet1 Templar/Healer/[mega magicka all the way]. It may be that this group combo is making things harder than other combos would make it.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Can't answer that question till you tell me what QQ means.

Sorry :) its shorthand for complaining. It symbolizes crying eyes, and it hails back to battlenet where alt+qq would quit the game and session.

I do want to help, but you provided little to no information about what is actually happening. Just the results of what happened.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

again, WHAT should make it more difficult? More mechanics, more stats required? A DPS requirement? They do have a lot of things in these dungeons and trials that make it difficult when you first do them, which makes them entertaining, but once you have a pattern down then most seem to be annoyed with the grind. Other games like WOW or EQ have issues where they place the difficulty with stats and gear, so no mater how much you train, you're not doing it until you grind AA for so many runs, then he rah, then you can do SO, just to get gear that makes it all easier. In here though, you can run these nearly naked if you can dodgeroll or block properly. I just see a lot asking for the challenge, then mitigation stacking when it's too hard or complaining when that fails.

Did you read what you responded to? This line right here answers your question~~~>" Rather than only applying to the final boss, come up with an increased difficulty mode that applies to the whole trial. I would have it to add an additional boss or two, increase all enemy damage done, increase all enemy health, add new mechanics, ect.

Though, what they do is really irrelevant to me. The point is that the content is very stale at the moment. Particularly since the Champion System made everything so much easier. I don't really care what they do to increase the challenge as long as they do something.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 18, 2015 10:22PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭

I do understand and value the struggle to figure something out and persevere and "win". But when nothing we did made much difference - it stopped being fun.

Now we aren't idiots - but were are relatively new to vet in this game and we don't have that high a DPS as a group (as I might have mentioned in the first post: Vet4 Tank/archer, Vet2 Dragonknight/archer/Sword&board, Vet1 Sorc/Sword&board/2H, and Vet1 Templar/Healer/[mega magicka all the way]. It may be that this group combo is making things harder than other combos would make it.

Ouch... Seing that last part I suppose i understand what was your problem.
    It sounds you all are build in an "exoticmanner."That is cool probably funny but in vetdungeon there is a minimum of efficiency required.when someone was telling you keep going you ll succeed and It will be cool. It mean go in the section "player helping player" and look for help on the class and rôle you wanna assume.

You need to rethink your all setup maybe. Only the healer seem to be spec in correct manner.
    Don t struggle in front of the boss. Struggle in front of your charactersheet instead^^
    Good luck.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    [Vet BC is already soloable .. it's not like it was hard to begin with. History of ESO.. nerfs nerfs nerfs nerfs everywhere.

Soloable? So tell me that its soloable by a Vet 1 with no champion points and I can be really depressed.

Probably not. Or well, I have no idea since I've never done it scaled to anything below V12 ^^

Yeah it seems your builds are quite peculiar, and I guess that makes it about a hundred times harder than it should be. Tank archer? I do sincerely hope that tank at least has the decency to actually tank with S&B and heavy armor?! Otherwise, you can get as many healers as you wish but that guy isn't staying alive in medium armor with a bow and a taunt..

Veteran Dungeons are supposed to require coordination, some gear, skill and a well thought out build - if you could just ram straight through them with quest rewards and no thought on build effectiveness their relative value as content would cease to exist for a large amount of the player base. Although, it kind of already has done so with the multitude of nerfs the content has received since launch, and with gear, experience and a good build they really can be completed while simultaneously being fully immersed in your favourite show on netflix.

Apart from Dragonstar Arena Veteran, this is the only content that's supposed to provide a challenge for 4-man groups really. Consider it a stepping stone to VDSA/Trials if you wish. I can promise you that if you sort out your builds, do some "target practice" on mobs to determine what is the most effective (or if you want to skip that, you can always head to Tamriel Foundry and just use someone elses already tried and tested build - but I really recommend trying for yourself first) DPS - and get the tanking/healing sorted out - you will eventually be breezing through the content at lightning speed.

I think everyone was challenged by it at some point, but I really would hate to see more nerfs to the content at this point. Not for my own sake, as I don't run them because they are too easy as it is, but for the new players to provide a challenge and something to overcome. Which is something that is otherwise sorely lacking in this game in general.