The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

VR PVP

noobfury
noobfury
✭✭✭
I was just wondering how you guys deal with Veteran level pvp on a lower ranked character or do you just not play.

Being somewhat new to the game I am still working on my first VR 14 which pretty much leaves me to grind cp and unable to survive very long with the max level players in vet campaigns. I would be shocked if I actually could kill someone lol .

Other than that , unless I want to make an alt for non vet pvp I feel like I'm gonna be stuck doing pve for a long time. I was thinking maybe they didn't consider where the new vet level players would fit in since there isn't anywhere for them to play pvp effectively .

Taking in to consideration the amount of new players and the time it will take them to catch up to VR 14 players , I feel like there should have been a mid level campaign.
noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would join a pvp guild. Try and use as much siege as possible. Work on your builds

. If you are in a rush to be effective w/o having a really solid build, I would grind.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a mid-level Vet campaign is a very reasonable request. I would suggest the range be VR1 - VR10.

You could call it Giraffon's Retreat!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I just avoid pvp on a character until it's vr14 but that's just me.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not actually requesting a mid level campaign , I was just wondering what other players do at those levels and I'm already in a pvp guild.

I didn't even think of using a siege weapon , that's the most common skill that losing players use to fall back on.

Yes yes , I can run around with a ballista and 2 shot players 10 levels higher than me. Let the good times roll.
    Edited by noobfury on May 15, 2015 8:27PM
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game is strongly biased towards max level characters, and this bias is fiercely defended by many, so you are probably going to get some elitist response at some point.

Just do not PvP until you are VR10ish unless you are VERY good at PvP, or if you plan to only heal or siege. otherwise, do not bother coming in before at or near max rank.

you could also make an alt and PvP in blackwater blade
    Edited by Cody on May 15, 2015 8:35PM
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Cody.

I'll probably have to make an alt for bwb if I want to get any pvp in. I'm used to spending a lot of time in Cyrodel but after leveling out I'm kind of meh on just grinding up my vet levels at this point. My adventures in Chillrend didn't last to long lol.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to my VR1 Nightblade entering the Vet Campaigns sometime this weekend. Owning some VR14 bads should make for some great video footage.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noobfury wrote: »

I didn't even think of using a siege weapon , that's the most common skill that losing players use to fall back on.

Just my own opinion, but I don't think supporting the Vet campaign on a lower level character is equivalent to "losing".

If you're helping your guild and campaign with siege then you're promoting their overall objective ... which in some cases is a "win". You don't have to be on the front lines to contribute.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grinding CP's definitely helps. I have a geared out, V1 stamina DK that just earlier today I killed a v14 nb ganker with. I'm pretty sure it's all because of my Champion Passives. And well, you know, I'm good. (jk)
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't have to be on the front lines to contribute.

Yeah, they need help in the kitchen for example. ;)
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭

Just my own opinion, but I don't think supporting the Vet campaign on a lower level character is equivalent to "losing".

If you're helping your guild and campaign with siege then you're promoting their overall objective ... which in some cases is a "win". You don't have to be on the front lines to contribute.

You misunderstood ,

All to often I've seen players pull out ballista's and try to use them to shoot other players when their being out skilled or outnumbered, not to damage forts or keeps. I actually had a solo player In a 1v1 with me pull out a ballista in a mele fight one time , funniest thing I ever saw.
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    I was just wondering how you guys deal with Veteran level pvp on a lower ranked character or do you just not play.

Being somewhat new to the game I am still working on my first VR 14 which pretty much leaves me to grind cp and unable to survive very long with the max level players in vet campaigns. I would be shocked if I actually could kill someone lol .

Other than that , unless I want to make an alt for non vet pvp I feel like I'm gonna be stuck doing pve for a long time. I was thinking maybe they didn't consider where the new vet level players would fit in since there isn't anywhere for them to play pvp effectively .

Taking in to consideration the amount of new players and the time it will take them to catch up to VR 14 players , I feel like there should have been a mid level campaign.

I just grinded my first characer to v14 before I even set my foot in cyrodil. But this pvp is about op classes and skill so lvl doesnt really matter much
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the sort of fights. In "hot spots" you can have any level, no one will notice you in the din.
    You should, though, avoid to ride alone for longer distances, or even: avoid Cyrondil-Servers which do not offer "regular fights nearby". Like Thornblade, which often has a stalemate position, with one side that keeps running to the other side: try to avoid any fights, which take only place at your enemies keep, without alternating (attack ping-pong).
    Every defensive position is to be favored (less riding distance) and/or mid-distance positions, like (Bleakers/Nikels/Sejanus) or in between keeps.

If you see a stalemate position, for example a dominant party keeps "bunkering" in their home keeps (with most of the scrolls), do not attack them. Nothing is more stupid than to keep feeding an enemy with points, if they think: they don't have to re-attack after their win, or they simply are too lazy to come to your keep. You should not keep bringing the fight to your enemies but there should be a constant switch of positions (similar to a football match). That is more enterntaining that running after a group of lazy bit__es that bunker in their keep.

Best fights are like a ping-pong game, not one-directional! So try to find a server which offers many "ping-pong" like fights in between keeps/outposts/etc., or servers where you have to defend (where the distance after deatch is as short as possible). This way you'll find quick-fights without having to ride too much, while you don't loose too much time on horse. (There are two ways of making PvP but the Removal of pvp camps favored the "more strategic guys", while many player were against the removal of rezz-camps.)
    Edited by Francescolg on May 16, 2015 10:59AM