The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sheilded Assault scales with what?

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Health? Stamina? Nothing?
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cost stamina, and scales with max stamina and weapon damage
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seeeee....interesting....
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in pvp it hurts more than it helps thx to overflow bug dmg.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    in pvp it hurts more than it helps thx to overflow bug dmg.

This ^

Same with Brawler.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, can you explain the overflow damage bug?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Damage shields have zero spell/armor mitigation. The attack that "pierces" a shield by exceeding its absorb value hits the target with zero mitigation as well, basically bypassing their armor/spell ress value.

So let's say your armor would normally mitigate 10% of damage, you put on a 600 damage shield ability and are hit with a (base) 7K attack. The shield would absorb 600 damage and you would take 6400 damage to your health, yet if you didn't have the shield you would have only taken 6300 damage to your health.

The higher the attack value that pierces your shield and the greater your armor mitigation the worst this bug becomes for you.
    Edited by Ezareth on May 8, 2015 9:47PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does everyone think about the 1k shield weapon enchant? Specifically if youre already full timing a strong shield like hardened ward?

I dropped the enchant when I caught wind of the overflow bug, but now I'm thinking if youre already heavily dependent on your shield, the enchant can only help.

EDIT:
    Im rolling with 7 light. The probability of that 6% mitigation actually saving my life is likely pretty low anyway. I think i just answered my own question. If your defense is already mainly shield based then these small shields can only help you. If you have a high resistance based defense, these small shields are actually bad.

Anyway, brb, crafting a legendary monumental hardening glyph. Now, if only I can remember to charge the damned thing...

EDIT EDIT:
    I didnt read Ezareths last paragraph until just now. I think basically we agree.
    Edited by Xeven on May 8, 2015 11:36PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Damage shields have zero spell/armor mitigation. The attack that "pierces" a shield by exceeding its absorb value hits the target with zero mitigation as well, basically bypassing their armor/spell ress value.

So let's say your armor would normally mitigate 10% of damage, you put on a 600 damage shield ability and are hit with a (base) 7K attack. The shield would absorb 600 damage and you would take 6400 damage to your health, yet if you didn't have the shield you would have only taken 6300 damage to your health.

The higher the attack value that pierces your shield and the greater your armor mitigation the worst this bug becomes for you.

Thanks very much for the explanation. That is a terrible bug.

So should I not be using Hardened Ward? Any workarounds?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Thanks very much for the explanation. That is a terrible bug.

So should I not be using Hardened Ward? Any workarounds?

sorry for the late reply - ezareth explained the bug allready, and no hardend is quite safe to be used as it normaly provides a shield big enough to be not depleted with one hit or if it is depleted the dmg left to be delivered to your health is rather small. but you´ll need to track your shield value and refresh it if it drops below threshholds where a hart hitting ability is devestating for you.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"