Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Spell Erosion

Jakx
Jakx
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anybody tested this recently? They have patch notes that said they significantly increased its effectiveness but there were tests that said it was useless besides putting 1 point into it.

Anybody know the status of this champion skill? Working yet?
Joined September 2013
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to know this as well.

In the event that it's been fixed, I'm wondering if a Spell Penetration build might work better than a Spell Damage build for a melee-oriented Magicka Nightblade.

Thanks in advance!
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way nirn is Id really like to know
    Joined September 2013
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Don't know working it or not on players, but when i putted points into this one by one, damage dealt to mobs increased for each point.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1788026/#Comment_1788026 same thread here
    Edited by Cinbri on May 6, 2015 8:41PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Harven's Extended Stats addon(this may bugged aswell idk),
    My focus rating is something like this (+-)

around 1k with no point in Spell Erosion
    around 7k with 1 point in Spell Erosion
    around 7.01k with 2 point in Spell Erosion
    and so on...

And it's same with armor penetration passive whatever it is.
    With 2 blue sharpened sword, I can push over 20k armor penetration with just 1 point spent in that passive
    Edited by Soris on May 6, 2015 9:04PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 dmg per point according to my testing (which isn't at all what tooltip says....)
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regardless of target resists that is. Haven't tested on a really low resist target though.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt trust Harvens at all in this case. Not that its the mods fault but the API from my understanding isnt returning correct info on some of the advanced stats from ZOS' end.

Though it is weird that it would detect such a large jump from one point and then still change with each additional point. Meaning maybe it is detecting correctly.... and that the same is holding true. You place 1 point in the talent and thats it.

Sure would be nice if we could get some dev interaction on this. Console release is important but so is not releasing an awful buggy product to them too.

Keep testing guys. We need to track down the fellow who originally did all the testing on this before the patch they claimed to have buffed spell erosion
    Joined September 2013
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    I wouldnt trust Harvens at all in this case. Not that its the mods fault but the API from my understanding isnt returning correct info on some of the advanced stats from ZOS' end.

Though it is weird that it would detect such a large jump from one point and then still change with each additional point. Meaning maybe it is detecting correctly.... and that the same is holding true. You place 1 point in the talent and thats it.

Sure would be nice if we could get some dev interaction on this. Console release is important but so is not releasing an awful buggy product to them too.

Keep testing guys. We need to track down the fellow who originally did all the testing on this before the patch they claimed to have buffed spell erosion
    Seems despite zos change this is still useless cp, tested vs enemy with 40k spelresist, each point gave just like vs mobs +-5 damage while original hit is dealing 3k magic damage.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 7, 2015 6:25AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody tested this recently? They have patch notes that said they significantly increased its effectiveness but there were tests that said it was useless besides putting 1 point into it.

it's funny, because they also had patch notes saying they fixed the group leader bug, and the fear bug, and..

I'm not sure how big the list would get..

maybe it's not so funny.
    Edited by Domander on May 7, 2015 7:11AM
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems despite zos change this is still useless cp, tested vs enemy with 40k spelresist, each point gave just like vs mobs +-5 damage while original hit is dealing 3k magic damage.

Are you assuming the small damage increase was merely from the max magicka increase? That's what I am guessing.

Just awful. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you take this to the developers. Nirnhorn is already OP and your spell pen talent might not work on top of it?
    Joined September 2013
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you assuming the small damage increase was merely from the max magicka increase? That's what I am guessing.

Just awful. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you take this to the developers. Nirnhorn is already OP and your spell pen talent might not work on top of it?
    No, tested with same amount of magical cp spent. There is the numbers: intial hit magical damage: 3159, 1cp spent: 3177; 2cp: 3189; 8cp: 3237.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 7, 2015 7:11AM
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, tested with same amount of magical cp spent. There is the numbers: intial hit magical damage: 3159, 1cp spent: 3177; 2cp: 3189; 8cp: 3237.

Then it could be providing some sort of minimal increase to spell pen but not what the talent suggests it gives?

Joined September 2013
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 30 points in Erosion until this morning.

Then it could be providing some sort of minimal increase to spell pen but not what the talent suggests it gives?

His type of testing doesn't cut it for me. First off, we don't know if has any base pen (nirn, apprentice mundus, divines, etc) which might hit some invisible cap we don't know about. Next, I am not seeing 20+ casts with one set up, and 20+ with the other. Also you need to test more than a 1 point difference.

I would take it with a grain of salt.

This is a fact:
    Elfborn / Thaum or Elfborn/Elemental Expert will yield more PvP damage. My damage versus players went up immensely when I removed the 30 points from Erosion and placed them elsewhere :expressionless:

Mind you, even without the 30 in Erosion, I have a ton of spell pen from my gear and build.

Edited by Xael on May 7, 2015 8:14PM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • SIN-X
    SIN-X
    ✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    According to Harven's Extended Stats addon(this may bugged aswell idk),
    My focus rating is something like this (+-)

around 1k with no point in Spell Erosion
    around 7k with 1 point in Spell Erosion
    around 7.01k with 2 point in Spell Erosion
    and so on...

And it's same with armor penetration passive whatever it is.
    With 2 blue sharpened sword, I can push over 20k armor penetration with just 1 point spent in that passive

X-SINISTER-X v14 NB
    "DEATH WAITS IN THE DARK"
  • SIN-X
    SIN-X
    ✭✭✭
    yea well erosion only gives spell pen so why are you talking about armor pen?
    X-SINISTER-X v14 NB
    "DEATH WAITS IN THE DARK"
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? I said Precise is buggy like Spell Erosion and wrote 2 examples of my stats based on my addon. Why so serious?
    Edited by Soris on May 8, 2015 3:30AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

I had 30 points in Erosion until this morning.

His type of testing doesn't cut it for me. First off, we don't know if has any base pen (nirn, apprentice mundus, divines, etc) which might hit some invisible cap we don't know about. Next, I am not seeing 20+ casts with one set up, and 20+ with the other. Also you need to test more than a 1 point difference.

I would take it with a grain of salt.

This is a fact:
    Elfborn / Thaum or Elfborn/Elemental Expert will yield more PvP damage. My damage versus players went up immensely when I removed the 30 points from Erosion and placed them elsewhere :expressionless:

Mind you, even without the 30 in Erosion, I have a ton of spell pen from my gear and build.
    Question was, "does it worth only 1 point in spell erosion, others not working", i showed without spell penetration buffs vs 40k spellresist that 1 point giving same numbers as 2 and etc, numbers of damage decreasing only coz diminishing returns of cp investment. However i invested my points into Thaum/ Element Expert as it gives more damage buff.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 8, 2015 8:01AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems SP is useless anyway
    Edited by Cinbri on May 8, 2015 8:00AM