The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mark Target

Lava_Croft
Lava_Croft
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Why do I have to run around with Purge to be able to use my only escape skill? I'm more than tired of having to Purge 4 times in a row only to be able to use my questionable escape skill and since I'm stupid enough to be a Magicka Nightblade, I cannot dodge roll to the horizon.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You liked my marks? :wink:

how fast you opened a thread on this o:)
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Man I love marking people too. First thing I do in group fights when I spot another NB. I mark them and laugh. Doesn't do a whole lot against me, since I don't play a build that relies on stealth as much, but man it sure does screw over stealth based builds.

Heck, it's the first thign I do in any fight I see another NB. Sometimes not even NBs. Just as a way to let anyone around me know who to focus.
    Edited by Dositheus on May 6, 2015 10:20AM
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only escape?
    Shadow Image is great for escape!
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, there's 2 classes without an escape.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »
    Only escape?

And 2 class speed buff + concelead weapon passively. Please Kris read your skills.
    Edited by Erondil on May 6, 2015 11:29AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only escape?

Shadow image a the strongest skill a nightblade could have, especially in a 1vX.
    I'd take it over fear or cloak any given time.. :3
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

No idea! But if you have the idea that I opened it because of you and this idea made your day better, then it's profit! However, spamming Mark Target is fairly common these days.
    Only escape?
    Basically any ranged attack or gap closer will solve that. Also, busy spamming Purge so I can use Cloak.
    Erondil wrote: »
    And 2 class speed buff + concelead weapon passively. Please Kris read your skills.
    Running fast is not going to make Cloak work. Also, busy spamming Purge so I can use Cloak.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on May 6, 2015 12:46PM
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Only escape?

Shadow image a the strongest skill a nightblade could have, especially in a 1vX.

it's a really awkward skill, i cant use it right
    cos i can teleport just one time in the duration of 12 seconds and im always out of its range when i need it
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, OP, you need purge, get over it.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »

No idea! But if you have the idea that I opened it because of you and this idea made your day better, then it's profit! However, spamming Mark Target is fairly common these days.
    Only escape?
    Basically any ranged attack or gap closer will solve that. Also, busy spamming Purge so I can use Cloak.
    Running fast is not going to make Cloak work. Also, busy spamming Purge so I can use Cloak.

Then use it behind trees, on rocks, in houses, between ruins, towers or in keeps.
    Seriously I even escape whole raids with that skill alone.

Also you port to the nearest shadow, so it's great for getting into keeps if someone didn't make it or just for more trolling etc.

Learn how to use it and you will understand the full strength of a NB.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    hmm, there's 2 classes without an escape.

Seriously, when I group with friends that try to keep up with my play style, i start feeling bad for other classes. Even when I'm marked, unless that other NB is on TS organizing his raid to chase me I'm out.

Doubletake + running > dark cloak
    Edited by OdinForge on May 6, 2015 1:23PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Only escape?

I'dnt take it over cloak. As magicka (light armor dps no saptank) shadow image needs cloak to be usefull and cloak needs shadow image to works.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do I have to run around with Purge to be able to use my only escape skill? I'm more than tired of having to Purge 4 times in a row only to be able to use my questionable escape skill and since I'm stupid enough to be a Magicka Nightblade, I cannot dodge roll to the horizon.

I'm already running Purge on my Stamina NB at level 29. I don't see what the issue is. It would be stupid to have cloak remove stealth. Mark is a counter to stealth, it is designed that way. If it was easy to be removed then it wouldn't be worth the morph.

I just use LoS on the offending NB, purge and go back into the shadows. Or if you're a magicka NB try using Stendars embrace if you're that worried about it.

Ohh and killing the *** works too.
    Edited by Ezareth on May 6, 2015 6:43PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But maybe it will helps you to get out from the fight fast (ie escape), the reason you want to use cloak? Then wait 20-30 sec and mark disappears. Too hard?
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

I'm already running Purge on my Stamina NB at level 29. I don't see what the issue is. It would be stupid to have cloak remove stealth. Mark is a counter to stealth, it is designed that way. If it was easy to be removed then it wouldn't be worth the morph.

I just use LoS on the offending NB, purge and go back into the shadows. Or if you're a magicka NB try using Stendars embrace if you're that worried about it.

Ohh and killing the *** works too.

Shhhh
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You wish to learn the sacred art of piercing mark, and how to stop this magnificent ability?

well my child, here is how to fight it

you dont:D

muhahahahahahahahaha

lol.

just get behind a tree or something, purge it, then enter stealth.

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more than tired of having to Purge 4 times in a row only to be able to use my questionable escape skill and since I'm stupid enough to be a Magicka Nightblade, I cannot dodge roll to the horizon.

Someone enlighten me. Why does it take so many effing purge to remove this? It's obnoxious. So is that one Templar debuff that basically removes all vision from the center of your screen.

I stopped rolling with purge simply because it takes an obnoxious number of casts to actually do anything.
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    It takes 2 purges to get rid of mark. Because of the number of little debuffs it provides. Anti armor, anti spell resist, and keeps you from stealthing. or something along those lines.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »
    It takes 2 purges to get rid of mark. Because of the number of little debuffs it provides. Anti armor, anti spell resist, and keeps you from stealthing. or something along those lines.

piercing mark lets the NB see stealthed players, but the regular mark target, and reapers mark, does not.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol stealth.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the glowing blue shard when people mark me as a giant *** you before charging them down and killing them.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.