Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Costumed Disguises Bundles Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's a quick one:

ZOS should bundle all of the disguises that can be found throughout the story into sets of 3 or 4 to sell in the Crown Store as Costumes. The Costumed Disguise packs could be labeled by their faction so there would be 2 or 3 packs per faction. This would give players the choice of keeping their disguises or ditching them and getting the Crown Store versions to free up the inventory space.

All in all, there seems to be 24 Disguises in ESO. That would equal to 8 Costume packs of 3. If each costume pack sold for 500 Crowns, That's an additional 4000 Crowns possible to spend.

Now, I would prefer that each disguise be sold as a separate costume for 200 Crowns that only "unlocks" in the Crown Store once you find that disguise in game... but I think that would be a VERY unlikely thing to happen... unfortunately.

Here are the polymorph Disguises that could be sold separately:
266px-ON-item-Kollopi_Essence.jpg266px-ON-item-Shadowsilk_Gem.jpg
gemstone-of-skeletal-visage.jpg

Thoughts?
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I'd prefer a way for a disguise to just be unlocked in your collections tab once you've completed the quest it's associated with, but failing that I'd be OK with doing it this way.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Hmm, I'd prefer a way for a disguise to just be unlocked in your collections tab once you've completed the quest it's associated with, but failing that I'd be OK with doing it this way.

I honestly expected the "collections" tab to be an additional inventory tab, not a completely different inventory-type system. being that it is handled differently ZOS would need to add it to the collections tab then incorporate a way for an in-game item to "purchase" a crown store item. I also think that would be best, but... looking at how ZOS makes money now the separate costume option is probably the most likely implementation.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    They stated disguised might not be in the collections than due to their nature of avoiding NPC's and might prove disruptive. Which I don't get since you just transfer a disguise to another character on your account...
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stated disguised might not be in the collections than due to their nature of avoiding NPC's and might prove disruptive. Which I don't get since you just transfer a disguise to another character on your account...

This concept would completely solve that problem. The Costume versions of the Disguises wouldn't have these disruptive qualities... they would just be costumes.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched ESO live 16 and they mentioned that they may do this very thing.... so... This thread was unneeded!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would not pay for costumes that are freely available by doing a quest. I would welcome those automatically converting into costumes upon completion of the quest (without the disguise capability), but certainly would not pay crowns for it.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well @Slurg , you would be more than welcome to not buy the costume versions of the disguises and keep your disguises. This concept doesn't remove the disguises, it just gives players another option. It would be great if ZOS just make the disguise available in your collections menu once you find it in game but I'm not sure if they would be able to resist the temptation to make some mad bucks by selling content they already have in-game.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would prefer if they just removed the disguises at the conclusion of the matching quest, and gave us an costume version of the same looks without any of the "hidden from enemies" effects in our costume tab.
    Oh, and also a costume version of all the other quest-specific but non-disguise visuals (the dunmer cultural garb one gets to don when greeting the pact ambassadors in windhelm, or the party clothes one gets to wear in the altering-memories quest in greenshade...)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would prefer if they just removed the disguises at the conclusion of the matching quest, and gave us an costume version of the same looks without any of the "hidden from enemies" effects in our costume tab.
    Oh, and also a costume version of all the other quest-specific but non-disguise visuals (the dunmer cultural garb one gets to don when greeting the pact ambassadors in windhelm, or the party clothes one gets to wear in the altering-memories quest in greenshade...)

^ This.

Some of the disguises I would like to keep, but I have to throw away to make space for other, more important stuff in bank/inventory. Perhaps, after a quest, the original disguise (which has a script attached to it, to make it a disguise) could be switched out for a non-scripted costume version that's added to the costumes collection instead of taking up space elsewhere. It 'should' be a simple matter of switching out the scripted one for a non-scripted one. Not that difficult, seeing as they were able to do exactly that with the skeleton.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be annoyed to have to pay for something I can obtain in the game for free just so I can have it not taking up my precious inventory space. ZoS needs to figure out how to move ALL the costumes and disguises in the game into the Collections Tab. It's not something that cannot be done, it's just not been anything they consider important enough to give time to.
    Edited by MornaBaine on May 7, 2015 1:41PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think paying for costumes that match the disguises is a good idea for those who want the look of the disguises now without having to wait for ZOS to code around the game integrated aspects required to move them into our collections slot.

Assuming of course the costume creation process is faster and more profitable overall than the development to move disguises into our collections slot. So if it's relatively quick to make costumes out of the disguises vs. a bunch of coding, then I'm all for it. Players are always going to be mad about what they think is easy because they assume they believe something would be easy to do and therefore they feel cheated. This is distorted logic IMO.

I think @Gidorick needs to ration the ideas for a while util ZOS starts to compensate him more fairly :wink: .

TLDR: As with many things technology related, they seem very easy on the surface, but we rarely know enough to make that call (self-included),

As we recently learned, ZOS said that costumes are easier to slot away because they don't interact with the questing system functionally. This tells me that the collections store (and its seemingly limitless capacity) was not developed to have the same amount of game awareness and integration that a players inventory has.

For example, you loot a disguise and try again and get reminded you already have one. To do this the game has more real-time awareness tied to your main inventory. I speculate that's also why it's space is limited. Think of the cost of having to look through 10K items vs. 100 across all players to find something. Yeah the disguise check could be removed, but we know that it also plays a greater role in the function of quests.

Then again, it may be as simple as there's another dev team under the hood of our inventory slots right now for something better and we just don't know about it.

The point is, unless you understand how they've designed the system (a few players actually do) we really don't know how easy it is or isn't. And if easy, is this the most beneficial thing for them to spend time on right now relative to who knows what else they've on their plate.
    Edited by Sacadon on May 7, 2015 11:29AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Sacadon. I'd more than welcome the opportunity to present these ideas in a more official capacity but ZOS isn't looking for 'guy with cool ideas'. I know, I checked their job postings. Heheh.

I actually have a folder called "to submit" on my computer. I do my best to not flood the forum with my silly ideas. :wink:

@MornaBaine @AlienSlof @TheShadowScout

I too would prefer a system where finding a disguise just outright grants us the access to the identical costume in the costume tab. The problem with this is ZOS' incentive to do this work. Why would they spend the time, effort, and money on developing this when there would be no financial gain for them? They could do it, sure, but if it could make them money they will be more likely to do it. I'd rather pay for the costumesized disguises than never have them at all. Even though it would, in practice, be like paying $1 for 1 inventory slot.

It's just a reality of the situation.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 7, 2015 1:27PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    I agree with some others.
    I would love this feature but I don't think we should have to pay for something that, arguably, should have already been included in the game. As frustrating as it is, I would rather just use the current disguises rather than pay the inevitavle $8 - $10.
    If they priced them fairly, maybe. They won't, though. Nothing seems to be priced reasonably (IMO).
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Thanks @Sacadon. I'd more than welcome the opportunity to present these ideas in a more official capacity but ZOS isn't looking for 'guy with cool ideas'. I know, I checked their job postings. Heheh.

I actually have a folder called "to submit" on my computer. I do my best to not flood the forum with my silly ideas. :wink:

@MornaBaine @AlienSlof @TheShadowScout

I too would prefer a system where finding a disguise just outright grants us the access to the identical costume in the costume tab. The problem with this is ZOS' incentive to do this work. Why would they spend the time, effort, and money on developing this when there would be no financial gain for them? They could do it, sure, but if it could make them money they will be more likely to do it. I'd rather pay for the costumesized disguises than never have them at all. Even though it would, in practice, be like paying $1 for 1 inventory slot.

Oh you're completely right, of course. But I don't have to like it dammit! LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly... all too true. And I don't really like it either.

Although... it would not be -that much- work for them, so they -could- do it. All the visuals are already in the game, taking those from the disguises and adding a costume version should be easy enough, as should be writing a bit of code to check the "quests finished" and delete all disguises while adding all costumes... it -would- make sense to do it free for all, since people might feel a little cheated if they have to pay for things they already got (albeit in a different version) in the course of gameplay...
    And they DID do it with the skeleton...

Of course, they could then go on and add different versions for purchase to the crown store. Like, get the blue shirt servants clothing from the stros m'kai quest, but if you want the bundle of black, white and red shirt, you have to pay a tiny little bit extra... or have the bare bones skeleton for free as quest reward, but add skeleton in wizards robes and skeleton in armor to the crown store, etc.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not only would I refuse to pay money for something I already earned in the game (effectively paying several dollars to free up ONE inventory slot), I would be very disappointed to see the developers take up this lazy way to make money by duplicating quest items in the crown store instead of using the time to develop new items. I prefer to encourage ZOS to raise the bar and offer new unique things than to beg them to recycle existing stuff and dump it in the crown store.

Why are players asking for Every. Single. Thing. in this game to be monetized anyway? Sure it's a mild annoyance that disguises take up inventory space but it's something earned through questing and I think that earning things in game should count for something. I'd actually rather see these things keep taking up inventory space than see them show up in the crown store for everyone to buy. Some of whom will inevitably complain loudly that they bought something they did not know they could have obtained for free in a quest.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the skeleton @TheShadowScout. How does that work?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Some of whom will inevitably complain loudly that they bought something they did not know they could have obtained for free in a quest.

isn't that true for most of the costumes though? you can get the armor in game for free if you put the effort into it. But you do have a point. ZOS should be clear in their descriptions like "A Costume Version of a Disguise you find in Alikr Desert" or something.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 7, 2015 3:34PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I'd be annoyed to have to pay for something I can obtain in the game for free just so I can have it not taking up my precious inventory space. ZoS needs to figure out how to move ALL the costumes and disguises in the game into the Collections Tab. It's not something that cannot be done, it's just not been anything they consider important enough to give time to.

Maybe consider the payment as paying ZOS to do the development to make the changes for us, since they didn't originally intend for us to get so attached to them and we're asking for something new. This doesn't mean it doesn't bother me, just thought I'd suggest one of the jedi-mind tricks I use on myself when I realize I'm the one paying the price for letting it get to me not ZOS.

More speculation from me, real heavy this time :)... I suspect they could just do a system wide database change to convert all existing disguises that are not already tied to a quest-line to from a disguise to costume. That way they don't have to create custom mesh, textures etc... and they don't have to touch the coding integration of disguises with quest lines. Provided this worked, they could write code to automatically do this conversion as part of quest turn-in. Since I've no idea of all the differences between disguise and costume, this could be completely useless idea. Most software is written with some level of flexibility to change things in the database. So this may be one of them. /armchairdeveloper
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stillrise village quest in Shadowfen, the skeleton transformation that happens during the quest comes as costume with the final reward.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stillrise village quest in Shadowfen, the skeleton transformation that happens during the quest comes as costume with the final reward.

And it's in the costume collection?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowadays it is. Used to be you get a costume item (skull shaped gem, I always found it funny for "crystal skull" reasons) but now that we have a costume tab, it got added to that one...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowadays it is. Used to be you get a costume item (skull shaped gem, I always found it funny for "crystal skull" reasons) but now that we have a costume tab, it got added to that one...

Since there is already a mechanic for this, it would be definitely be preferable for disguises to be treated as such. Adding such rewards to all quests that involve disguises would be a good way to handle this.

Of course, then we're back to work with no pay for ZOS...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a quick one:

ZOS should bundle all of the disguises that can be found throughout the story into sets of 3 or 4 to sell in the Crown Store as Costumes. The Costumed Disguise packs could be labeled by their faction so there would be 2 or 3 packs per faction. This would give players the choice of keeping their disguises or ditching them and getting the Crown Store versions to free up the inventory space.

All in all, there seems to be 24 Disguises in ESO. That would equal to 8 Costume packs of 3. If each costume pack sold for 500 Crowns, That's an additional 4000 Crowns possible to spend.

Now, I would prefer that each disguise be sold as a separate costume for 200 Crowns that only "unlocks" in the Crown Store once you find that disguise in game... but I think that would be a VERY unlikely thing to happen... unfortunately.

Thoughts?

NO but i want them for free i worked for these disguises i should get them free not for 20 bucks irl

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »
    Here's a quick one:

Thoughts?

NO but i want them for free i worked for these disguises i should get them free not for 20 bucks irl

Yea... it would be nice but that may not be realistic anymore.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.