Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Atronachs for achievement farmimg: where?

Pseudolo
Pseudolo
✭✭✭
I need both frost and storm atronachs to farm for the daedra slayer achievement. I can't farm in reaper's march because there are too many farmers and I get loot and exp, but no credit for the achievement. Any other place that comes to mind?
Edited by Pseudolo on April 30, 2015 11:04AM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craglorn might be your best bet, i cant think of the name of the place, but there is one area that is teeming with atronach's of all types

Edit: should probably warn you, it IS craglorn after all, the atronach's are not alone. If you dont feel confident taking on 8+ enemies at once to get at them atronach's, group up
    Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on April 30, 2015 11:39AM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a VR14 slaughtering these things in the first tier Reaper's March screwing-over those of us questing who needed them, when I asked him why he told me this was the reason, for the achievement .. he didn't realise he wasn't getting credit.

/sigh
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he didn't realise he wasn't getting credit.

He was, though. The kills still count, even if you don't get any XP or loot. At least that was the case last time I looked, a few patches ago. Farming low level mobs is still likely to attract some ridiculously overleveled players, and who can blame them? The game is designed to allow it. I'd go as far as saying it even encourages it.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he didn't realise he wasn't getting credit.

He was, though. The kills still count, even if you don't get any XP or loot.
    In that case the game's crass .. giving points towards an achievement from mobs hugely lower than you simply devalues the achievement to the point on worthlessness.

I remember when 'achievements' in games actually meant something.

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 30, 2015 12:19PM
  • ssfiit
    ssfiit
    ✭✭✭
    Both Storm and Frost are at WillowGroove at he south of Reapers March, They are lvl 40 or so. There should be about 3-4 of each. If you are from AD, these wont give you any credit for the achievement.

The only other place I know of is SpellScar in Craglorn. These are Vr11 or so. There should be plenty of each, and they spawn fairly fast.

If you cant handle Spellscar, the try Rubble Butte in Bankgorai, there should be 5-7 Stormie in there.
    ssfiit | VR14 | High Elf Vampire Pyro-Sorceress | Aldmeri Dominion | NA Server
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    ssfiit wrote: »
    Both Storm and Frost are at WillowGroove at he south of Reapers March, They are lvl 40 or so. There should be about 3-4 of each. If you are from AD, these wont give you any credit for the achievement.

Actually, for an achievement requiring "kill x number of x" you get credit for every one of the x kind of creatures you kill, regardless of level. I slaughtered a cave full of lvl 5 dwarven constructs at vet 10 like 200 times over to get the dwarven slayer achievement. The only problem is that you need to deal the killing blow, that's why it's better to be alone. When I'm in groups I never receive achievement credit...
    Edited by Pseudolo on May 1, 2015 9:47AM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pseudolo wrote: »
    I slaughtered a cave full of lvl 5 dwarven constructs at vet 10 like 200 times over to get the dwarven slayer achievement..
    LOL, so you get some points for one-shotting level 5 mobs at VR 10 .. seems totally pointless to me, yet I suppose it helps people boast about their total achievement points as happens from time to time .. remember the thread where the OP was saying >10K points means you're 'pro'?

Points should only be given if you get XP while 'achieving' them.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    remember the thread where the OP was saying >10K points means you're 'pro'?

I think that is the whole issue with accievementpoints in any game. People have the ilussion that it meassures skill, while it in any game I've encountered just meassures the abillity to grind (or in harsher words, how much lifeless one is).

I therefor actual encourage any downgrading of achievements to the level of no skill required, just time. So form that perspective it works fine. Upgrading it with the requirement that they need to give XP would mean that they would contribute to the false image of status.

So I understand what you mean, but think it actually works fine now ;)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, so you get some points for one-shotting level 5 mobs at VR 10 .. seems totally pointless to me, yet I suppose it helps people boast about their total achievement points as happens from time to time ..

Here is the thing with the Monster Hunter Achievement. Just playing the game, you will get most of the parts of the Achievement by killing the mobs you need to kill for quests by sometime in Caldwell's Silver. With the exception of Ghosts, Crabs (chitinous creatures), Plants and the Atronachs. So, those are the only 4 you really need to grind on. Ghosts, there are just not that many in the game other than two or three areas where they gather all the time (Auridon is one of them) Plants may happen sooner if you start in AD. BTW, you can get all the crabs you need running up and down the east coast of Grahtwood on the Beach 5 to 7 times. Problem with Crabs is they go docile after a while so you don't kill them normally. Otherwise those would not need to be grinded on. Atronachs just don't show up in the numbers needed unless you do a ton of Dolmens, so Reapers March and Craglorn are about it (Malabal Tor for Flesh Atronachs). Whether these are low level grinds or not depends on where you started the game.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    I slaughtered a cave full of lvl 5 dwarven constructs at vet 10 like 200 times over to get the dwarven slayer achievement..
    LOL, so you get some points for one-shotting level 5 mobs at VR 10 .. seems totally pointless to me, yet I suppose it helps people boast about their total achievement points as happens from time to time .. remember the thread where the OP was saying >10K points means you're 'pro'?

I only did thos cheevies for the titles and dyes. And I don't care about boasting, it's just titles and dyes add variety to the game...
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't hate on vets grinding low levels for achievements. How many of you realized how many achievements there were when you were new to the game, and just focusing on leveling and skills? Were you also tracking all of your achievements at that point? I didn't realize how extensive they were, and how many I was over-leveled for, until I was almost a vet.

To the OP, Dune in Reapers March is also a good atronach location.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about levelling up Werewolf? LoL
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a VR14 slaughtering these things in the first tier Reaper's March screwing-over those of us questing who needed them, when I asked him why he told me this was the reason, for the achievement .. he didn't realise he wasn't getting credit.

/sigh

They must have changed it to at your level to count. My wife got this achievement completed from killing those in Reapers at V14. She didn't get any experience, just the credit for the kill towards the achievement.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

They must have changed it to at your level to count. My wife got this achievement completed from killing those in Reapers at V14. She didn't get any experience, just the credit for the kill towards the achievement.

I finished up the last 80 or so Dwemer Contructs last night in a L20 Dwemer Dungeon on my VR6. No exp points, but no need to grind on these anymore. I did get a dwemer page though....

Edited by Nestor on May 6, 2015 9:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Saren_Arterius
    I only did thos cheevies for the titles and dyes. And I don't care about boasting, it's just titles and dyes add variety to the game...

Pretty much where I am now on the Xbox One version.

Anywhere in Ebonheart Pact or Daggerfall Covenant territory where I can grind these? Especially the Atronachs.