The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Dungeon Experience and Loot Adjustments

Darklord_Tiberius
Darklord_Tiberius
✭✭✭✭
Playing this game I have noticed one major flaw and that is the fact of how many people do not do Veteran Dungeons. Other than people grinding for Undaunted Helms and Keys, there really is no point unless you are one of the unlucky few trying to get those Veteran Dungeon Sets that have an ungodly horrible drop rate. I have done more Vet Dungeons than most people in this game, I am upwards of probably 500+ cleared and at the rate I get those set drops, I need to do about 1000+ more to actually complete the sets I need.

It would be really awesome to see two simple changes to Veteran Dungeons to get more people to do them and to fix how the loot is dropped.

1. Every other game I have played, rewards the player with an XP bonus at the end of a dungeon or instance. A little reward for completing the dungeon. The mobs inside the dungeon give XP sure, but per run, at most; a person will get 20-30k XP. Either make the dungeon quests daily quests we can do each quest once a day per dungeon or give players a "Completion reward" valued at what a quest would be around 12-13k XP. This would help get more people into doing dungeons and give players another way to level besides questing or grinding.

To the issue of the loot and dungeon set drops.

2. Each instance has three MAIN bosses and usually 3 MINI bosses. The Vet Dungeon sets only drop off of the three MAIN dungeon bosses. The basic loot table for these bosses should be:
A. Boss named purples
B. 3 Vet Dungeon sets of 7 pieces each
C. 4 Vet Weapon Sets of 3 pieces each
That would be anywhere from 35-38 pieces of gear that potentially could be dropped from one of three bosses in an instance.

However, the real number of items that could be dropped off of the three main bosses is far, far plentiful. Each main boss also drops whites, greens and blues of all armor and weapon types of all trait types except Nirn. This further deludes the loot table to the point of horrendous proportions. This pushes the loot table from 35-38 to 250+. ZOS is all about the RNG system and for that reason and that reason alone, I think the main dungeon bosses should only drop EPIC level loot or at least the END BOSSES only drop EPIC level loot.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_AlanG and @ZOS_GaryA

Since I see you guys post on a lot of what I post, can you please pass this along to whoever is over these topics. I am not the only player that feels this way either, I know at least 200 people that have the same feelings towards Veteran Dungeons as I do. Any response would be appreciated.
Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on May 4, 2015 7:15PM
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    My main is VR8 and I haven't run a single veteran dungeon yet. I think I had queued up once at VR4 but even as a tank I didn't get a bite. Now that I put all points in to Health and am sitting on about 23K health I might be able to give it a go, but am unsure of running any because I have 0 experience doing them. There are all those quests I haven't done and it makes me sad lol
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Victus wrote: »
    My main is VR8 and I haven't run a single veteran dungeon yet. I think I had queued up once at VR4 but even as a tank I didn't get a bite. Now that I put all points in to Health and am sitting on about 23K health I might be able to give it a go, but am unsure of running any because I have 0 experience doing them. There are all those quests I haven't done and it makes me sad lol

What is your server and faction? I could go for a few runs with you, and I'm perfectly fine with letting you listen to quests and read books, or whatever.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    @Shunravi NA server, DC faction. I have lowbie alts in the other two, though not sure when I'll get around to levelling them up lol.

Appreciate the offer!
    Edited by Victus on May 6, 2015 9:44PM
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. My favorite content in the game is the veteran dungeons. Anything to make them more rewarding, popular and easy to group-up for, gets my support.

While you're at it, ZOS...fix or improve the LFG system
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool if the last boss in any VR dungeon gave something like 12k exp, same as normal quest. That's really not unreasonable, considering the trash gives you close to nothing. The loot is usually nothing as well.

Also agreed about loot tables to. To big, to many variations and way to much possible junk you can get. I cant even be bothered farming helms any more. Give us a reason to run VR dungeons now and again outside of pledges, pretty please ZoS :heart:
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran gear (other than Undaunted) needs to have its drop rate improved *or* they need to include a chance for that gear in the Undaunted Daily Chest.

I love doing the dungeons and I don't mind running them even when they're not the daily but I agree, we need more incentive and reward included into doing those dungeons, otherwise they become stale for everyone else rather quickly.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)