The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Addon] ESO Master Recipe List (Provisioning Level Display)

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO Master Recipe List - v1.35
(Formerly Provisioning Level Display)

usa-icon.pnguk-icon.pnggermany-icon.pngfrance-icon.pngrussia-icon.pngitaly-icon.png

Big thanks to @Sneak-Thief for the ESO 1.6 Master Provisioning Database
Big thanks to Daveh for maintaining the ESO Data pages and to all who contribute to the ESOUI AddOn Wiki

IMPORTANT NOTE: To search for a recipe you can hover your mouse over the bottom right of the window and click in the search box, and type the name. To be able to move your mouse around without moving the camera, you must toggle In-Game Cursor mode. By default this is mapped to the '.' key, however you can set a custom keybind for this in your Controls. It is under the User Interface section, at the very bottom (Toggle In-Game Cursor). You can also set a keybind to show/hide the MRL window under the ESO Master Recipe List section, use the slash commands (see below) or click the button at the cooking station (new).

IMPORTANT UPDATE: If you upgraded to version 1.29+ from an older version you may be wondering, "what happened to my saved settings?" In order to future-proof the addon, and to further improve performance, it was necessary to make changes to the saved variables database tables. This will result in a ONE TIME reset of your saved settings. I do apologize, but it was necessary. However, you will never have to worry about it again, even if ZOS adds new recipes and ingredients to the game. Again, I apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding and support!

VIDEO SHOWING THE LATEST UPDATES
(Follow-up video showing writ tracking.)

Please help! Read the donate tab.

cVASyYi.png

This addon has been rebuilt with many powerful new features
  • New Master Recipe List window with all recipes in ESO.
  • Browse labeled and quality-color-coded categories or text search for recipes.
  • Single-click search for all recipes required for current writ (now works in non-English!).
  • Displays the level of created food or drink on all recipe tooltips.
  • Option to show list of characters that know the recipe or that can make a food item in the tooltip.
  • Scroll list shows which recipes are known, unknown, writ-required, or tracking.
  • Adds additional tooltip info for tracked ingredients and recipes (and those needed by writs).
  • Bind a show/hide key under ESO Master Recipe List in control settings.
  • Slash commands available: /mrl and /recipes will both show/hide the window.
  • Track individual ingredients.
  • Auto-mark all ingredients needed by all currently tracked recipes combined.
  • Popup tooltips for all list items (can be toggled between recipe and created food tooltips).
  • Shift-click any item to link in chat.
  • Inventory and guild store icons for tracked/known/unknown (optional) recipes and ingredients.
  • Sliders to customize the positioning of the inventory icons globally.
  • Added new recipe configuration panel!
  • All characters that know any recipes and are tracking show in the list.
  • Delete any character from your tracking database (useful for deleted characters.)
  • Select all recipes as tracked with a single click.
  • Select as tracked all recipes NOT known by the currently selected character.
  • Select all recipes in a tier (left side navigation) as tracked by shift-clicking nav button.
  • Set up filters to auto-junk or auto-delete untracked recipes and ingredients when looting.
  • Save/load tracked ingredient selection to global ingredient profile.
  • Added support for FCO ItemSaver by request.
  • Added option to show ingredients in craftable food item tooltips.
  • Added option to ignore stolen items when auto junk/delete is on.
  • Added support for Inventory Grid View.
  • NEW: Full Cooking Station integration!
  • NEW: Food and Drink categories are now color-coded by the quality of food or drink they produce.
  • NEW: Optionally add stat icons to each category showing which stats their created food or drinks will buff.
  • NEW: New writ tracking system! Categories show gold check, recipes highlighted gold.
  • NEW: Added "needed by current writ" to the created food tooltips that show in the provisioning station.
  • NEW: Added button to open/close MRL from the provisioning station.
  • NEW: Added button to toggle showing blue check by categories containing known tracked recipes, and highlight these in blue.
  • NEW: Added button to show/hide the created food tooltip at the cooking station.
  • NEW: Added button to search for a recipe you have selected at the cooking station in MRL.
  • NEW: Implemented new "alternate icon" mode for inventory icons.
  • NEW: Added support for the Psijic Ambrosia recipe and items.
  • NEW: Allows opening/closing any category (or multiple categories) at the cooking station.
  • (See change log for more details.)

English, French, German, Italian, and Russian now fully supported!

NEW FEATURE FOR ADDON DEVELOPERS: You can now easily check if Master Recipe List is tracking a given recipe or ingredient. For example, in your code you could check if Master Recipe List is running and pass it the itemLink of a recipe or ingredient to check if that item is currently being tracked using this simple implementation:
if ESOMRL and ESOMRL.ISMRLTracking(itemLink) then

Questions? Comments? Leave them here or contact @AlienDiplomat112 in-game on the NA Megaserver.

DOWNLOAD ESO MASTER RECIPE LIST

Click here to view my other addons, or view my Skyrim mods here.
Edited by Phinix1 on June 30, 2015 3:47PM
  • Gexy
    Gexy
    ✭✭✭
    Nice addon, would be nice a recipe list addon that can tell me which recipes I'm missing
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.1:
    • Added line to unknown recipes needed for current provisioning writ, making them easy to spot when quickly skimming through trade houses.
    • Fixed wrong item ID for Stand-Me-Up Lager.

Currently pending review, and should be available for download soon.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gexy wrote: »
    Nice addon, would be nice a recipe list addon that can tell me which recipes I'm missing

NOW SUPPORTED! You can click a button to track all recipes you do not yet know (see video).

:)
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 19, 2015 7:43PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest version adds many new features including the ability to see at a glance which recipes you know, which you need for your active writ if any, and lets you track any recipe you don't know to add additional tooltip info. New application window is organized and color-coded by category of food and drink.
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 19, 2015 7:44PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.16:
    • Now includes full support for French and German localization.
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 19, 2015 7:44PM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've started using this recently and I wanted to thank you for the effort. This is a really useful resource for provisioners! Good job and Kudos.

I'm not sure if you're considering feature suggestions but it would be nice to have ingredients required listed for the recipes and also perhaps a way to track recipes known across alts (lkind of like Sous Chef does).
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New update 1.21:
    • Track individual ingredients as well.
    • Auto-mark all ingredients needed by all currently tracked recipes combined.
    • Option to auto-junk unmarked ingredients when looting.
    • Option to auto-delete unmarked ingredients when looting.
    • Popup tooltips for all list items.
    • Shift-click any item to link in chat.

SEE NEW FEATURES IN ACTION.

F8Thbvd.jpg
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 4, 2015 8:00AM
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sirs are true sirs!
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    You sirs are true sirs!

Thanks! A craftsman is always pleased to hear his work is appreciated. :)
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 4, 2015 1:18PM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the update - thank you so much. The only additional feature I'd love to have would be some kind of cross-character tracking.

Secondly, I noticed that some of the information in the table was erroneous (recipe tiers mostly). How could I submit accurate recipe information for your review/correction?
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the update - thank you so much. The only additional feature I'd love to have would be some kind of cross-character tracking.

Secondly, I noticed that some of the information in the table was erroneous (recipe tiers mostly). How could I submit accurate recipe information for your review/correction?

Hi! Really glad to hear you like it. :)

Cross-character tracking is presently in the works. As I just finished writing to @Sneak-Thief, I am adding buttons to select all recipes, all recipes on the current page, all recipes of a certain color quality and also, all recipes not known by a selected character. All characters that know any recipes will automatically show in the list, and there will be a button to remove characters if you have deleted any.

I also plan to add the ability to auto-junk or auto-delete any recipes not currently tracked, much like the feature for ingredients, with protection options to prevent junking or deleting of any recipes above a certain color quality level.

As to the bug you reported, I am wondering if it might be related to an issue I just fixed in the small update I posted. There was a bug that was causing purple quality recipes to appear green in the search list when populated by manual text search. This has been resolved. This wasn't affecting the popup tooltips, which are generated by the game by item ID's, only the color the recipe appeared in the search list.

I did a quick check of all items in each tiered list and all appear to be the right color. If there is any erroneous information please feel free to post it here, or at the ESOUI.com page which I check more frequently, and I will correct it ASAP as well as forward the information on to @Sneak-Thief if it is something he needs to update in his spreadsheet.

One last thing, you should definitely check out the current version as I added inventory icons for tracked recipes and ingredients with sliders in the options to adjust their positioning manually!

pvw3391.jpg
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 7, 2015 5:45AM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Currently at work, but can't wait to go home and try out the new version. I love this addon so much! And the new features sound very exciting! I love the neat, tidy way the information is presented.

I'm certain the errors must exist in the database you're using because it's not the colour but rather the level itself. I can do a more thorough check once I get home but a few examples I remember from last night are:

Markarth Short Pig Recipe is actually level 45 where as it's classified as level 40.
    Nibenese Fricassed Venison is actually level 35
    Vvardenfell Cliffracer Ragout is actually level 35
    Goatherd Pie is actually Veteran 1

Curiously, the tooltip that comes up when you click on them has the correct tier information (but not whether they're a base level recipe or a mid-level recipe).

I think by saying tier before I needlessly confused the issue so I hope this clarifies. Unfortunately, I only have an incomplete collection of recipes so I can't cross reference each one but I can do it for the recipes I've learned.

Thank you once again for such a great convenience!
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm certain the errors must exist in the database you're using because it's not the colour but rather the level itself. I can do a more thorough check once I get home but a few examples I remember from last night are:

Markarth Short Pig Recipe is actually level 45 where as it's classified as level 40.
    Nibenese Fricassed Venison is actually level 35
    Vvardenfell Cliffracer Ragout is actually level 35
    Goatherd Pie is actually Veteran 1

Ah, I see what happened. The purple food category was all mislabeled! I corrected it, so they should always show the right level now, both in the recipe list and regular tooltips. Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, you inspired me to add a really cool new feature:

Version 1.24:
    • Added new feature: Click the kettle button above the search button at the bottom right of the recipe list window to toggle popup tooltips between showing the recipe and the created food for that recipe. Shift-clicking recipes while the tooltips are set to show food will link the food in chat instead of the recipe!

I really like this, mainly as it allows you to see all of the icons ZOS made for all those food items. Plus being able to easily link the recipe OR the food it creates in chat should come in handy. ;)

EDIT: Oh yes, I almost forgot. I also added a new refresh when clicking items or using any of the selection features that will update in real-time any inventory or bank search you happen to be viewing with the proper check marks, if you have inventory check marks turned on. Before you had to switch tabs to get them to update.
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 7, 2015 10:11AM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! It works now. And I love the new feature. It's perfect now. Now just looking forward to cross-character tracking that you mentioned. Such a great addon! Thank you so much for your work.
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major update:

Version 1.25:
    • Added new recipe configuration panel!
    • All characters that know any recipes and are tracking show in the list.
    • Delete any character from your tracking database (useful for deleted characters.)
    • Select all recipes as tracked with a single click.
    • Select as tracked all recipes NOT known by the currently selected character.
    • Select all recipes in a tier (left side navigation) as tracked by shift-clicking nav button.
    • Set up filters to auto-junk or auto-delete untracked recipes (see video in first post).
    • Changed global namespace to eliminate potential for conflicts.
    • Better language translations (roughly 60% non-Google).
    • Many more improvements.

pvw3395.jpg
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 8, 2015 2:18PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.25a:
    • Fixed a bug that would cause an "attempted to index a nil value" error when you would mouse-over one of the white quality "junk" foods you loot from cabinets, or if you had one of these in your inventory. Thanks for the reports!
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.26:
    • Added new feature: Global ingredient tracking profile. Save currently tracked ingredients to the global profile, and easily load it on any of your characters!
    • Fixed a couple ingredients being out of alphabetical order.
    • Several code optimizations for faster execution of various functions.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WATCH VIDEO SHOWING ALL THE LATEST FEATURES.

EDIT:

Fixed video somehow getting set to private, sorry about that.
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 11, 2015 2:19PM
  • RBLeipzig
    RBLeipzig
    Thank you for the guide that is so amazing and that French be supported is a big advantage for me !
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.30:
    • Properly unlocks recipe and ingredient items from FCO ItemSaver when the option to use FCO ItemSaver for tracked recipes and ingredients is disabled.
    • Added new option (enabled by default) to show required ingredients on craftable food items, just as they are shown on recipes. If you have any of the required ingredients in your inventory or bank they will be highlighted white, otherwise they show as grey just like on recipe tooltips.
    • Corrected a flaw in special character detection that would sometimes result in extra ingredients being tracked when using the feature to track ingredients needed by currently tracked recipes.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.32:
    • Fixed format for food item ingredient list to ensure proper capitalization and also removed masculine/feminine notations, maintaining proper continuity with recipe ingredient list formatting.
    • Fixed tooltips were not showing for mail attachments. Thanks for an in-game report!
    • Fixed an oversight that could cause errors when you had the starter recipe for Roast Pig in your inventory (the one you get from the Provisioning writ starter quest if you don't already know it). Additionally, this recipe will now show the proper information about who knows it and what level food it creates just like the regular Roast Pig recipe would show. Thanks Anceane for the report!
    • Significant performance improvement on the backend when generating tooltips and especially when creating the tracking icons in the inventory.
    • Various cosmetic code improvements.
  • inads
    inads
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome, thanks
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great add-on. Everyone I've told about it loves it too. Take THAT, console users. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.33:
    • Added option to ignore stolen items when auto junk/delete is on.
    • Added support for Inventory Grid View.
    • Changed behavior of inventory icons. Will be yellow when tracked, green if not tracked and known, and grey if not tracked and known by an alt.
    • Added custom tooltips to guild store listings panel.
    • Re-implemented localization using global table instead of ZO_CreateStringId for proper UTF-8 support without codes.
    • Added proper translation support for auto junk/delete debug text.
    • Improved the format of debug text ('3x Apples' instead of 'Apples x 3').
    • Moved inventory icon enable option to global settings with sliders.
    • Improved speed and versatility of global tracked item check (for devs).
    • Cleaned up the global UI table by renaming main frame so all fall below ESOMRL_ heading.
    • Several code changes and optimizations.
    • Updated to latest LibAddonMenu and LibStub (optional dependency).
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.34:

Full Cooking Station integration!

Q6hJxnY.jpg
    • Food and Drink categories are now color-coded by the quality of food or drink they produce.
    • Optionally add stat icons to each category showing which stats their created food or drinks will buff. Option to choose between stars and circles for the stat icons.
    • New writ tracking system! Categories which contain a known recipe currently needed for a writ will show a check mark next to them making the recipe easy to find. Furthermore, the recipe itself will be highlighted gold. These marks will automatically clear once you have satisfied the writ requirement. Never search through your quest/recipe list for a writ item requirement again!
    • Added "needed by current writ" to the created food tooltips that show in the provisioning station, if the item is in fact needed by a current writ.
    • Added button to open/close MRL from the provisioning station.
    • Added button to toggle showing a blue check mark (like the gold writ check) by categories that contain known tracked recipes, and also highlight these in light blue. Useful for queuing up a "shopping list" of foods/drinks to make and easily browsing directly to them at the cooking station.
    • Added button to show/hide the created food tooltip at the cooking station. Helps to make room for the Master Recipe List window!
    • Added button to search for a recipe you have selected at the cooking station in MRL. Useful for quickly sending links.
    • Implemented new "alternate icon" mode for inventory icons. By default the inventory icons are gold for tracked recipes, green for recipes you know, and grey for recipes you don't. By enabling the new alternate icon mode tracked recipes will still show a gold icon, however you now have the option to select a character to check for unknown recipes for. Any of your tracked characters can be selected, though it defaults to the current character you are logged in as for each. When this option is enabled and a character selected, a green icon will show for any recipes the selected character does NOT yet know. Also, an additional option lets you disable the grey icons completely. Otherwise, any recipes the selected character already knows will show a grey icon.

Bug fixes/translations:
    • Fixed a bug where turning inventory icons completely off when they had been previously enabled would cause known recipe icons to remain in the inventory.
    • Fixed a bug in the new alternate inventory tracking icon mode where icons could sometimes get "left over" and appear on recipes they shouldn't. Controls are now properly recycled.
    • Added many improved French translations thanks to Ayantir.

VIDEO SHOWING THE LATEST UPDATES

:)
    Edited by Phinix1 on June 21, 2015 4:06PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow-up video showing writ tracking

The new features should really help grinding out those provisioning fragments. ;)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.34a:
    • Added support for the Psijic Ambrosia recipe and items.
    • Added support for Khrill Master Cook by request: Icons will be automatically offset to not overlap Khrill's. (NOTE: These addons both generally do the same thing and are not recommended to be used together, though they can be. See my post in comments on Khrill Master Cook regarding errors generated by that addon with or without ESOMRL loaded and a temporary fix until the author can update.)
    • Fixed a bug where if station stat icons were turned off and display of tracking indication was on while known recipes were tracked, the tracking check could be duplicated when moving the mouse over the category header.
    • Fixed a rare bug where the check marks for writ requirements and tracked items wouldn't appear on the category until after you had changed tabs.
  • Keredh
    Keredh
    Hey there. I've been getting an error message for the last few days (since before your update). Have you any thoughts on what might be causing it?

user:/AddOns/CookeryWiz/MasterRecipeListEntry.Iua:38: function expected instead of niI
    stacktraceback:

user:/AddOns/CookeryWiz/MasterRecipeListEntry.Iua:38: in function
    MasterRecipeListEntrszopuIateRecipeData'
    user:/AddOns/CookeryWiz/MasterRecipeListEntry.Iua:57: in function
    MasterRecipeListEntryzfietRecipelndex'

user:/AddOns/CookeryWiz/CookeryWinua:1668: in function
    CookeryWizzUpdateCooklngredients'

user:/AddOns/CookeryWiz/CookeryWinua:2719: in function 'CookeryWizzlnitiaIize'
    user:/AddOns/CookeryWiz/CookeryWinua12763: in function 'CookeryWiz.onAddOnLoaded'
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

Those errors were generated by the CookeryWiz addon. You can tell by the path references. It looks like they might have some conflicts due to naming, but I will have to check.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 1.35:
    • Fixed a rare issue where the pre-login gear equipping the game does could trigger an error in the EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE event.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause debug text to notify you of items ignored by the stolen item filter setting even if you had debug mode turned off.
    • Overhauled the cooking station category display functionality. Previously you would always have one recipe category open no matter what. Now when you open the station no categories are open. You can open any category by clicking it, and close it by clicking again. You can even open multiple categories at once! To close all open categories, simply switch from the food to the drink tab and back or vice versa.

pvw3652.jpg
    Edited by Phinix1 on June 30, 2015 3:48PM