The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About Cloak and it's many counters...

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    pppontus wrote: »
    There is a counter to everything, if you can't take that.. well, too bad.
    There's no counter to dodge rolling nor is there a counter to Bolt Escape and certainly not a list of counters for both.

LOL
    1)3* concelead weapon
    2)roll dodger dead
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    "make potions immune to cloak but work against regular stealth"

Are people in this thread High, like really?

Right now the tankiest class IS NIGHTBLADE. Roll dodge mitigates 100% damage and u're the king of it.

Dark cloak dodges one of the most important skills in the game.

Like really are we talking about buffing NB;'s surviveablity???

Holy moly it alrdy takes a mistake on the NB's end to kill em ( and im talking about good NB's, people that arent shouldn't taklk about balance as they dont represent the actual capacity of the class )

I'm just stunned. It's probably due to the fact we share forums between servers.. Can any1 on EU just back me up?
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    There's no counter to dodge rolling nor is there a counter to Bolt Escape and certainly not a list of counters for both.

LOL
    1)3* concelead weapon
    2)roll dodger dead

Guess which class has concealed weapon - Nightblade.
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    Btw to all the people im reading about that NB sucks (LOLOL)

Thanks in advance makes the game interesting. not gonna explain why im just so happy people dont play NB, specially when vigor becomes alliance 5.

Thanks guys! Keep rerolling to something else, really this class is bad Kappa
  • Solanum
    Solanum
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking from a PVP point of view.
    I think dodge roll sadly is the new block. And this is a seriously bad thing.

That said, comparing it to the sorcerers bolt escape is bound to make one feel bad for shadowcloak. Bolt escape can be somewhat "countered" by critical rush or the dragonknight chains, unless of course the sorcerer uses any kind of CC and is out of reach by the time the CC is broken, which I believe any sorcerer with half a clue can do.

Shadowcloak in the meantime is passively countered by magelight, stealth detection potions (often mixed in with something else useful) any form of AoE, and if one person counters it, it's countered for the entire group.

Nightblades are not in a bad state, but shadowcloak does need a fix. A vast increase to the cost, and it actually working would be a suitable solution in my book.
    Striving to bring it on par with bolt escape seems like a bad idea, since I strongly believe that bolt escape is far better then it should be. And granting such to Nightblades would put Nightblades in the same position as Sorcerers currently are.
    (desperately denying to be retardedly overpowered)

That said, while shadowcloak is not functioning for it's intended purpose, I am very happy to wipe dots with it. Perhaps it could be changed into something alike purge?
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyzaaa wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »

LOL
    1)3* concelead weapon
    2)roll dodger dead

Guess which class has concealed weapon - Nightblade.
    You need a guide for every class? Fine
    DK : 1) 3*whip 2) rolldodger dead
    Temp : 1) jabs or heavy destro/restro+ radiant destruction 2) roll dodger dead
    Sorc : 1) Mines curse heavy attacks and magickal detonation 2) roll dodger dead

~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now the tankiest class IS NIGHTBLADE. Roll dodge mitigates 100% damage and u're the king of it.

Holy moly it alrdy takes a mistake on the NB's end to kill em ( and im talking about good NB's, people that arent shouldn't taklk about balance as they dont represent the actual capacity of the class )

I'm just stunned. It's probably due to the fact we share forums between servers.. Can any1 on EU just back me up?

Are you high? Not all of us want to play a heavy armor sap essence sword and board NB tank. Many of us play a dual wielding light armor or medium armor mix magicka NB which has 0 surviveability and absolutely must rely on cloak and stealth to survive. With all the counters to cloak and stealth, this play style is seriously mitigated. As a magicia NB we need the 3-4 dodge rolls we get per fight before stamina is depleted and need to cloak.

Some of us like playing a stamina dual wielding NB. As the guy above spelled it out for you, there are plenty of counters to dodge rolling per class. This play style can't cloak more than 3-4 times, therefore they need dodge rolling to survive.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is too if someone is dodge roll spamming they aren't going anywhere. I don't see what the big fuss is all about, just chase them a bit and eventually you will get through enough hits to kill em and they barely have any health so its not hard either. On the other hand everyone has seen a sorc leading entire zergs on a wild goose chase, please i don't wanna hear anymore nb whine k?
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭

Are you high? Not all of us want to play a heavy armor sap essence sword and board NB tank. Many of us play a dual wielding light armor or medium armor mix magicka NB which has 0 surviveability and absolutely must rely on cloak and stealth to survive. With all the counters to cloak and stealth, this play style is seriously mitigated. As a magicia NB we need the 3-4 dodge rolls we get per fight before stamina is depleted and need to cloak.

Some of us like playing a stamina dual wielding NB. As the guy above spelled it out for you, there are plenty of counters to dodge rolling per class. This play style can't cloak more than 3-4 times, therefore they need dodge rolling to survive.

I agree.

I stand by the point a potion should not negate a class defining ability for 40secs.

With all the other counters It's just stupid.

Edited by jmoore59 on May 3, 2015 8:30PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmoore59 wrote: »

I agree.

I stand by the point a potion should not negate a class defining ability for 40secs.

With all the other counters It's just stupid.

Put shadow image, trick detect potion guy to go in a direction, teleport back and cloak away.

Countered the counter.

Why does everything have to be easy mode all the time? Learn to take a counter and do something clever instead of being sad that you aren't permanently invisible and guaranteed to roam free with immunity to projectiles.

I don't get it. I am not asking for cloak to be uncounterable on my nb any more than I want bolt escape to have 50 meter range on my sorc. Yeah my ass is gonna get crit charged occasionally, too bad. If someone exploits my weakness I deserve to die. Whoever drank a detect pot can't use a tristat for 45 seconds, burn their stamina maybe?
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade QQ?

Do you guys play your nightblades? Nightblades are clearly on par with sorcs in terms of power in pvp at the moment. I'd prefer to fight a sorc as my nightblade than a stamina nightblade as my sorc. Magica nightblades don't quite have the burst.

Cloak should not be a 100% effective escape used alone. It would make NB ridiculously overpowered.

Anyone who thinks bolt escape is 100% effective has not played a sorc.

If someone uses a detect pot you have 45 seconds to kill them before they can use a tri pot. If there are more than 1 competent player using detect pots and trying to kill you, what do you want, invincibility and the right to reset any fight you won't win?
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by jmoore59 on May 3, 2015 10:15PM
  • Bahalul
    Bahalul
    ✭✭✭
    Waylander wrote: »
    Nightblade QQ?

Do you guys play your nightblades? Nightblades are clearly on par with sorcs in terms of power in pvp at the moment. I'd prefer to fight a sorc as my nightblade than a stamina nightblade as my sorc. Magica nightblades don't quite have the burst.

Cloak should not be a 100% effective escape used alone. It would make NB ridiculously overpowered.

Anyone who thinks bolt escape is 100% effective has not played a sorc.

If someone uses a detect pot you have 45 seconds to kill them before they can use a tri pot. If there are more than 1 competent player using detect pots and trying to kill you, what do you want, invincibility and the right to reset any fight you won't win?

Problem is NBs want to be able to take on 1v10+ people, just like DKs did in the past (which these NBs cried for nurfff and then zos gives them fear).

Ironic isn't it?
    Edited by Bahalul on May 3, 2015 10:39PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ROLL DODGE IS NOT SPECIFIC TO ONLY NIGHTBLADES.

FOR SITHIS SAKE PEOPLE GET THIS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did not read past that part. even without 30% stamina regan, the other classes can roll dodge a crap ton of times.

stop scapegoating one class and realize its a problem with the system as a whole.

for sithis sake people, stop blaming one class for everything!:(