Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-Ons not installing correctly

BraveBaldrick
HELP!

I'm having trouble installing add-ons.

I used Minion at first, and it has installed into LiveEU. Launched the game and nothing showing up. I also have Live, so copied files into there but still nothing.

I have also tried to manually install the add-on's, using the desktop method and still nothing.

The game and add-ons are all installed onto the C drive.

Any suggestions?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game has an addons folder, is that where you manually plopped the addon files?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Add-ons are not enabled by default. You have to bring up the esc menu, click on Add-Ons, place a check mark in the box next to the add-on to enable it. If it is not listed, make sure there is a check mark in the box in the upper right to enable out of date add-ons. Enter /reloadui or log out to the character selection screen and back in to start the add-on.
  • BraveBaldrick
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    Add-ons are not enabled by default. You have to bring up the esc menu, click on Add-Ons, place a check mark in the box next to the add-on to enable it. If it is not listed, make sure there is a check mark in the box in the upper right to enable out of date add-ons. Enter /reloadui or log out to the character selection screen and back in to start the add-on.

That's the problem, they don't appear at all to enable or disable them no matter what I do
  • BraveBaldrick
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The game has an addons folder, is that where you manually plopped the addon files?

Yeah, Minion placed them there, then I did it manually, but no joy
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few items that may help ...

1. See the screen shot below for the path. (I used the EU sever as an example). Each add-on should come in a zip file. Extract the folder within and put the folder in the add-on folder for *each* server you play on. **don't modify anything inside this folder unless directed by the add-on author or if you know what you are doing**

iezwv9ga8az1.png

2. Within the add-on folder there must be a text file. This is what identifies the add-on to ESO's client. There should NOT be any other .txt type files in the add-on folder structure other that those included in add-ons.

fgk13tyqpx8i.png

3. Within the text file it should show a number of things. For example here is the Wykkyd Tool Bar's file.

Note the APIversion of 100011 ... If the add-ons you are installing do not have this version then they are out of date and ESO will not run them unless you override the system by checking the "allow out of date addons" checkbox.

I recommend not running outdated addons if a newer version is available. You can try an outdated one, but if it gives you errors then you shouldn't continue to use it.

mzfbv0tbxlos.png

Hope this helps. If not, please post a screen shot of your addons folder.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • BraveBaldrick
    I have included 2 images of my AddOns folder. Doesn't appear that anything is missing

Edited by BraveBaldrick on May 3, 2015 8:19PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

In folder liveeu, do you have the 3 files AddOnSettings, UserSettings and ShaderCache.cooked ?

If you lauch game, the modification date of UserSettings should be modified to "now".
    If not, you are in a wrong folder, game don't use this folder

If yes, could you screenshot your addon panel when you are on the character screen? and check everything is ok ?
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • BraveBaldrick
    Many thanks all but i've finally worked out what's going on.

I was running the game as administrator. I share my PC with my partner, and she is the admin for it. I had installed the add-ons in to my user account, BUT, the game was running as the admin account. I am now running the game normally and it is picking everything up from my account not, not the admin account.

Strange how little things can affect it but now the add-ons work fine.