The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there ever anything other than provisioning items in crates/barrels/sacks?

Levarius
Levarius
✭✭
I used to loot everything, but after a bit I noticed that the only thing I'd ever get from crates/barrels/sacks (heavy sacks excluded) is provisioning items. I've since stopped looting them, but I've always wondered if I'm missing out on chances at rare motifs or recipes.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are occasionally motifs/recipes. Otherwise just provisioning items. They used to contain all sorts of stuff (still mostly prov items) but ZoS toned it down so provisioners had a consistent idea of where to find their ingredients.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can also contain utter trash like 0 value white gear which is laughable for use at level 1 let alone at the level you'll find them at.

As far as I know and can recall they can still also contain crafting mats (racial ores and gems), herbs and runes.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can also contain utter trash like 0 value white gear which is laughable for use at level 1 let alone at the level you'll find them at.

As far as I know and can recall they can still also contain crafting mats (racial ores and gems), herbs and runes.

They can contain green gear as well. I've gotten a few.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And lockpicks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of lockpicks.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But yeah, mostly provisioning ingredients. Seeing how they sell for 150 gold in NPC shops, it's not half bad looting them for free. Furniture (desks, cupboards) seem to have a high chance of containing recipes and other loot, though.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also got justice system items (white, green, and blue - I haven't seen a purple yet) from crates barrels and sacks. Given that those sell for 30/100/250 gold each to fences, it's worth looking in those containers for them.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)