Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you insist on seige being this strong then..

filmoretub17_ESO
filmoretub17_ESO
✭✭✭
You need to make it so the further away from the center the less damage you take. I'm serious here this game was 100% more fun in pvp before you did this to the siege. Before it was a massive pvp game now its a massive get the hell away from all the siege game. People play this game to fight character against character this isn't World of Tanks or World of Warplanes. We want to fight against other players not dodge siege and fight against NPC guards. That's what PVE is for.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still die to siege?
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege is perfect. leave it be. If I'm throwing a flaming pot of oil and you're not Instantly trying to get out of the way of it, That's your fault.

Plus, With the amount of purges / self heals in this game it's kind of hard to even kill anyone with siege.
    Edited by Astien on April 30, 2015 7:50PM
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    get vigor, all your siege woes are over.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Astien wrote: »
    Siege is perfect. leave it be. If I'm throwing a flaming pot of oil and you're not Instantly trying to get out of the way of it, That's your fault.

Plus, With the amount of purges / self heals in this game it's kind of hard to even kill anyone with siege.

If you throw a flaming pot of oil then the further away from the impact point the less damage you will take. Why WHY do I have to explain this? Also it takes a lot more then 1 person to throw a flaming pot of oil yet we want it to do the realistic amount of damage. If you want realism then we need to make center 100% damage outer edges much less.
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭

If you throw a flaming pot of oil then the further away from the impact point the less damage you will take. Why WHY do I have to explain this? Also it takes a lot more then 1 person to throw a flaming pot of oil yet we want it to do the realistic amount of damage. If you want realism then we need to make center 100% damage outer edges much less.

Just what we need, more server calculations for aoe damage, that will fix lag.

just move out of red circles and have a shield/heal available problem solved
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to make it so the further away from the center the less damage you take. I'm serious here this game was 100% more fun in pvp before you did this to the siege. Before it was a massive pvp game now its a massive get the hell away from all the siege game. People play this game to fight character against character this isn't World of Tanks or World of Warplanes. We want to fight against other players not dodge siege and fight against NPC guards. That's what PVE is for.

Game is suffering like never before because of the new aoe cap system, don't even think about incorporating a calculation process into the siege damage area.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭

Who said anything about realism? is It realistic that there happens to be a GIANT red circle on the ground where the siege is going to hit? No, it isn't. Just get out of the circle and L2P. If you don't want siege and just straight up PvP I suggest making your voice heard on one of the countless threads requesting Arenas and Battlegrounds.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many people out of 10 agree with you so we can calculate the net pvp-fun-%-loss?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sieges need to do more dmg. no blob is wiping to them anymore
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know man...

I put nothing into health so I run Cyro with 20k no emp and I have plenty of time to cleanse, dodge, heal, shield, repeat.
    If I don't do all those things though, I die. Which is fine. People who don't move out of giant flaming balls of other peoples' excrements will die.

edit: bad word
    Edited by Jitterbug on April 30, 2015 8:34PM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battery!

noes, tis only way I get the AP's unless I join a blob
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭

You're right this isn't World of tanks, or world of warplanes, this is eso. If you don't want to dodge siege, there are other games for you, as you so eloquently stated yourself.
    Edited by Kelleton on April 30, 2015 8:57PM
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

Who has more run buff, purge, heal and shield than a blob? Sieges are not a counter to blobs. Blobs are a counter to sieges.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Who said anything about realism? is It realistic that there happens to be a GIANT red circle on the ground where the siege is going to hit? No, it isn't. Just get out of the circle and L2P. If you don't want siege and just straight up PvP I suggest making your voice heard on one of the countless threads requesting Arenas and Battlegrounds.

L2P? How about you learn to read before telling someone to learn to play? Meanwhile you ignore the countless variables making it a bad idea by stating how simple it is to avoid them. Dodge roll use spells ect ect. Meanwhile all you are doing is trying to dodge every siege circle keep up every spell that will counter it and oh don't forget there's something called mana and stamina and they do run out. And fighting against another player and while that is happening someone is firing more siege at you and you gotta dodge all that and cast more spells. Before the change siege was playing a minor role in how battles were won and now its the determining factor.

Wasn't too simple there was it?
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »

Who has more run buff, purge, heal and shield than a blob? Sieges are not a counter to blobs. Blobs are a counter to sieges.

Who is spamming the most shite every second and focusing on crown they cant see red circles on the ground.. yep

Siege is fine on blobs, if you hit them before the see you

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you struggle with Siege, consider.......

Bastion of the Heartland Set

(2 items) Adds 129 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Reduce damage taken from players by 5%
    (5 items) Reduce damage taken from siege weapons and player AoE spells by 20%
  • Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    Siege is pretty nice right now. If I'm solo, and a raid show's up at the door, I'm getting a couple kills at the least. Love that single kill ap!! If I'm getting counter sieged, then it's all about situational awareness.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

Who is spamming the most shite every second and focusing on crown they cant see red circles on the ground.. yep

Dude everyone knows that siege isn't working on blobs at all. So the blob spamming all the counter siege spells isn't lagging the server at all? Blobs can stand against siege groups spamming their aoe heals cleanse and siege bubbles. Much much more taxing on a server.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so you would rather PvP be all zerg blobbing that causes lag so bad that it crashes entire servers?

you and i dont see eye to eye
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

Dude everyone knows that siege isn't working on blobs at all. So the blob spamming all the counter siege spells isn't lagging the server at all? Blobs can stand against siege groups spamming their aoe heals cleanse and siege bubbles. Much much more taxing on a server.

Seems to work fine. Groups that bust into a keep like a bait ball and get wiped by a couple of timed fire ballista bolts and a meat bag probably disagree with you too.

People spam siege, heals, aoe and what the hell ever even if no is actually getting hit or taking damage.

Fire and forget, button mash. If their not spamming to counter siege damage their spamming everything else so it not really a relevant point.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess everyone likes it oh well why do I care. All I know is pvp was a lot more fun when I could concentrate on fighting other players instead of fighting other siege. Before when there was 20 people sieging a castle it took 20 people to oppose them. And the actual players had to run out and kill the other players or they would slowly tear down the wall. Now the siege is killing the players and the actual players never have to leave the walls. They wanted to eliminate the zerg balls but the new system requires more players to capture a keep then it did before.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I guess everyone likes it oh well why do I care. All I know is pvp was a lot more fun when I could concentrate on fighting other players instead of fighting other siege. Before when there was 20 people sieging a castle it took 20 people to oppose them. And the actual players had to run out and kill the other players or they would slowly tear down the wall. Now the siege is killing the players and the actual players never have to leave the walls. They wanted to eliminate the zerg balls but the new system requires more players to capture a keep then it did before.

If you needed 20 people to defend a keep against 20 equally well skilled/coordinated players, something was wrong.
    And no, you do not need more players to take a keep than before.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If you needed 20 people to defend a keep against 20 equally well skilled/coordinated players, something was wrong.

What are you implying it should only take 5 people to kill 20?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am implying it should take considerably more or better (skilled, organized) players to take a keep than players defending.
    That's the whole point of keeps...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I am implying it should take considerably more or better (skilled, organized) players to take a keep than players defending.
    That's the whole point of keeps...

But they already had a decent advantage now they have a huge advantage.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

before it was massive unkillable blobs lagging up the server, not "actual battle"
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    and now it is massive unkillable blobs lagging up the server, not "actual battle"

Only now those blobs take even less risks than before due to the high damage of siege weapons.

And now the blobs tend to run around in big circuitous paths, to avoid taking big damage, even more than before the seige changes.

Generally speaking I don't consider that behavior 'actual battle' as a general rule. Occasionally, yes. Hourly? No.

My experiences come from DC Thornblade and DC Chillrend so I can't speak to how this has played out on other servers.
    Edited by Itoq on May 1, 2015 5:13AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea it takes about 75 people in an alliance to take a keep..with no resistance..that amount just lags everyone out.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the way they market this game was a Alliance VS Alliance game. Meaning you suppose to take keeps, resources, and defend keeps, using strategy , skills, and siege. This suppose to be war, just like the lore of the game has stated. It was never meant to be just a character against character. That is what a Arena is for and small teams against other small teams are Battlegrounds.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Game is suffering like never before because of the new aoe cap system, don't even think about incorporating a calculation process into the siege damage area.

This^^^ I understand where you are coming from op and it would be a nice feature, but the server already has to much going on it would only add to the ongoing lag problem.