The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does it have to repair my files?

flatzeromancer2b14_ESO
flatzeromancer2b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I downloaded this damn game for 10 hours yesterday, not being able to do anything in the mean time and then when I try to play today it tells me I need to repair? I don't find this fair or logical in any sense of a game. I love the game but I can't play it for 2 hours on a work night? Why, just why?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the launcher giving you a manifest error and suggesting you repair? That happens to a lot of people after a patch, and it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything to repair. Try just exiting out of the launcher and opening it up again: usually it will work then. If not, do a quick search in the support forum, as there will be multiple threads there giving you possible ways to fix the error.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is abit diff though, can't seem to find any solutions on the technical forum. The infinite Loading Screen, right after login screen. Sigh. Does this mean I have to redownload everything again?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is abit diff though, can't seem to find any solutions on the technical forum. The infinite Loading Screen, right after login screen. Sigh. Does this mean I have to redownload everything again?
    Open Task Manger, go to the Processes tab, click the CPU column twice (to sort descending) and then login.

In Task Manager you'll likely see ESO.EXE soon using around 600Mb or more and using 100% CPU, or thereabouts (or 50% if on a 2-core CPU). The memory will be increasing by 2Mb or so and gradually it'll climb to 750Mb and then begin increasing my 20Mb or more, all the while it'll be at 100% CPU.

Eventually it'll get to around 1Gb and not long after that you should get to the character screen.

I see this on three PCs after every patch, without fail!

Two PCs have SSDs and it can take a couple of minutes, on the third where ESO is installed on a hard disk it can take up to 5 mins!
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 28, 2015 7:54AM
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    just a quick one when I get the manifest error etc. I always flush dns and it works everytime, if you don't know how to do this do the following;
    exit eso
    go to start enter cmd in the search box to open command prompt.
    then type ipconfig /flushdns it will then tell you it has been successful boot launcher again and it should work fine (or it does for me anyway)

hope this helps.
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember, the first time you launch the game it takes a while, and after each patch, it takes almost the same amount of time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Just remember, the first time you launch the game it takes a while, and after each patch, it takes almost the same amount of time.

Its frustrating mate, ive been away for about two weeks, manage to get back on, keep crashing than couldnt log in at all.

Well nestor, as long as you know im still in the guild, dont kick me out pls lol.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Are you talking about the launcher giving you a manifest error and suggesting you repair? That happens to a lot of people after a patch, and it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything to repair. Try just exiting out of the launcher and opening it up again: usually it will work then. If not, do a quick search in the support forum, as there will be multiple threads there giving you possible ways to fix the error.
    Or even better, don't use the launcher and try running ESO.EXE directly, IMX 100% of the time you're getting the 209 crap from the launcher the game actually will run just fine.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double check your Anti-virus software and windows Defender(unless it's off) and make sure that the ESO.EXE file is setup as an exception. When I updated those my loading screens aren't as long as they used to be. I get an occasional one a little longer than the rest but not every time.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • flatzeromancer2b14_ESO
    flatzeromancer2b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the info. I just bought the game on Sunday and that popped up so I got a little upset with the error.