The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addons break the balance of Crystal Fragments

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've learned a lot today.
    • Understanding how sorcerer abilities really work will help you defeat them in combat.
    • Addon only enhance existing visual effects. They aren't cheating.

Tune in next week!

maxresdefault.jpg
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 29, 2015 7:11AM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that may get in the way of the audio is when the proc sound is masked by the sound of the ability that makes the proc. The abomination of sound that is crushing shock is a prime example
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laerwen wrote: »
    I have NEVER seen the action bar icon light up. I've tested it, and it most certainly is not lit up in the above picture. Whoever is saying that it does is wrong.

Do you need me to post a pic just so you believe I'm not telling you something wrong? Really?

It lights up. Not sure why yours does not. But I just played last night, and it lit up then.
    Tiitus wrote: »
    I have NEVER seen the action bar icon light up. I've tested it, and it most certainly is not lit up in the above picture. Whoever is saying that it does is wrong.
    https://youtu.be/kK9nFFNYtC4?t=244
    yur wrong. at 4:06 cf on ability bar glows (this guy has horrible latency so the visual que on his bar is a bit off with his procs) my guess is those who do not see it prob turned it off through i different setting in the sttings menu.

Thanks for posting this. Now I don't have to go through the trouble.
    Edited by wraith808 on April 29, 2015 5:18PM
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I've never seen it animate like that, though. Now I know what to look for. Doubt I'll hear the sound in Cyrodiil, though. Too much noise from everyones skills all the time :smile:
    Halcyon Black
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Form
    Inner Light
    Curse
    Hardened Ward
    Magicka Detonation

All make you glow purple! Im not trying to squint through all that, sorry.

I play zoomed all the way out, my vision isn't the best, and there are a million other things glowing and flashing. I have NEVER seen the action bar icon light up. I've tested it, and it most certainly is not lit up in the above picture. Whoever is saying that it does is wrong.

The audio cue is great for spamming frags, but a clear indicator is a fantastic thing for bursting after youve been cc'd, repositioned yourself on the battlefield, waited for wings to fade, or any number of reasons you had to hold on to your frag proc for longer than five seconds.

You might want to check your color balance because not all of those effects are purple, and the ones that are all slightly different with various particle effects to differentiate. In the case of graphic overload, you can try culling some of the particles in settings. I've not taken my Sorc into PvP yet, but when I face a sorc I always assume they've got that particular monkey up their sleeve and I just set my defenses accordingly. In PvP there often isn't time to anticipate certain skills in the heat of battle due to latency, etc etc so I've found it's best to prepare your build in advance and tweak it during any downtime.

Oddly enough if you have vision issues, some of the combat addons might serve you quite well as they plaster status effects across the screen in larger fonts.

Additionally, you can also turn off some of the other screen effects which allow you to see these effects a bit easier. I personally play with lens flare and depth of field turned off as that can screw with what you see and be the difference between survival and death.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wtf? I read the first couple sentences and I think my iq went down a few points... Are you saying using an add on that just lets you know when an already obvious proc happens, is making the skill proc 100% of the time? Btw if anyone uses an add on and actually relies on it telling you that frags is procced, you have the awareness of a doorknob.

rip decibel
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    wtf? I read the first couple sentences and I think my iq went down a few points... Are you saying using an add on that just lets you know when an already obvious proc happens, is making the skill proc 100% of the time? Btw if anyone uses an add on and actually relies on it telling you that frags is procced, you have the awareness of a doorknob.

Maybe the OP should update the OP with what he learned so we won't get people coming in and not knowing the problem is solved?
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or people could learn here and now to better not comment at all if it was tl;dr.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU