Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double CC - Fossilize

hammayolettuce
hammayolettuce
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand the need for a CC that can go through block to drop perma blockers for a second or two and allow the chance to burst them down. However, who in the skills department thought it was a genius idea for fossilize to be a double CC causing you to break it twice to get fully out of it.

One break to get out of the fossilize

Second a roll dodge to get out of the root.

If you fail to break the fossilize in time it can be spammed repeatedly until you can break it in time.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler ... Any input on this?
Edited by hammayolettuce on April 29, 2015 5:32PM
Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
DARFAL COVANT
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whos idea was to make such a strong cc instant cast to set up big ass bursts?
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can roll dodge fossilize
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »

I fail to see how that has any real bearing on the point of the OP? Its a double CC with basically no animation time... the no animation time by itself makes it a super powerful ability (at any range) let alone the fact you need 2 different CC break types to remove it (or a break free + purge)... it is extremely ridiculous and while I know magicka DKs feel they are hurting at the moment, this is not the solution.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

I fail to see how that has any real bearing on the point of the OP? Its a double CC with basically no animation time... the no animation time by itself makes it a super powerful ability (at any range) let alone the fact you need 2 different CC break types to remove it (or a break free + purge)... it is extremely ridiculous and while I know magicka DKs feel they are hurting at the moment, this is not the solution.

1. i dont use fossilize
    2. my point certainly makes sense to the op's point as it is entirely dodgable (exactly the reason i dont use it)
    3. the skill does no damage so nerfing it would negate its purpose entirely (why not just remove the [snip] skill then?)

skill is working as intended so enough with these nerf DK posts plz. its no worse than fear atm.

and @Huntler if you are gonna say magicka dk's are hurting atm then go ahead and endorse a nerf then at LEAST provide an example of an "answer". because as a magicka dk im dying to feel viable with the nirnhoned fiasco and the many other issues plaguing my build.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 29, 2015 7:32PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well one of the answers is nirn getting reduced in strength. However, to your point, I don't actually have to provide an answer. Just because an ability is broken on a weak class doesn't mean I have to provide an answer when discussing the broken ability. For sure magicka DKs need some help, so do some other builds. This thread is about what is clearly a broken ability. If you disagree we can discuss that, you don't leave a broken ability ingame because a class is weak... they are not linked.

I already was clear why I think its a broken ability, but two forms of CC in an instant ability with no animation is just silly. Also your logic on that its dodgable as why you don't use it goes over my head I guess... Regardless I don't feel to strongly about this subject since there are other bigger fish to fry when it comes to game balance, but I saw the post so I gave my opinion.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    well one of the answers is nirn getting reduced in strength. However, to your point, I don't actually have to provide an answer. Just because an ability is broken on a weak class doesn't mean I have to provide an answer when discussing the broken ability. For sure magicka DKs need some help, so do some other builds. This thread is about what is clearly a broken ability. If you disagree we can discuss that, you don't leave a broken ability ingame because a class is weak... they are not linked.

I already was clear why I think its a broken ability, but two forms of CC in an instant ability with no animation is just silly. Also your logic on that its dodgable as why you don't use it goes over my head I guess... Regardless I don't feel to strongly about this subject since there are other bigger fish to fry when it comes to game balance, but I saw the post so I gave my opinion.

to explain my point:

---as a dodgable skill it is highly frustrating to use 3-4k magicka on a skill to have it miss 3-4 times (just watch your magicka meter drain). this issue is exacerbated when playing against stam builds who roll dodge a lot. *thats why i dont use it.* the skill is not at all OP and as far as im concerned it is working as intended.

my 2 cents

• duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Fossilize cannot be roll dodged, FYI. I use it specifically to force roll dodge builds to stop. Test it yourself, it's fun :)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The double cc part of it need to go.

Note I'm not saying eliminate the root of the morph, but the root should be gone if you cc break out of the stun part. It shouldn't operate as two separate ccs (that is instant cast lol).
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of how Fossilize is used for stam DPS burst or Magicka CC, etc. It should not require a double use of stamina to get out of it. If you break the Fossilize itself and then remain in the root, you can and will be Fossilized again once the root expires as your cc immunity from the initial break is over and the cycle just repeats itself.

I have no issue with how it is used, i have an issue with the double CC it provides and the amount of stamina required to get out of it only to have it used again on you shortly after.

Instead of the root after the fossilize, how about reducing stamina regen for 4 seconds by 40%?
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i fought panda about a month ago, and was hit with this ability while roll dodging:(

oh and he ran back down the stairs 3 seconds later and Cced me again.

and again....

and again.....

:(
    Edited by Cody on April 29, 2015 8:15PM
  • Lesspa
    Lesspa
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I see someone using fossilize, I immediately assume they're a betch.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1. i dont use fossilize
    Potato Knight status confirmed.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

jayz-and-kanye-laughing.png
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

You're cute.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lesspa wrote: »

Im a betch then, because i use petrify on my BB character.

it stops the perma dodge rollers and helps against the annoying perma blockers, so i cant pass it down. I dont have shades or fear to help, so I need some way to fight perma blockers.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesspa wrote: »

I assume this about anybody who doesn't come fight me w/ their fists, like a man.
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    I understand the need for a CC that can go through block to drop perma blockers for a second or two and allow the chance to burst them down. However, who in the skills department thought it was a genius idea for fossilize to be a double CC causing you to break it twice to get fully out of it.

If you fail to break the fossilize in time it can be spammed repeatedly until you can break it in time.

Reminds me of a mother goose fairy tale where the 3 little numbnuts cried

WAH WAH WAH all the way home.

Nothing but whiners who get killed in pvp by x,y, z class in this game.

Do you folks see more publisized pvp personas here crying?

Not so much because skill in this game actually matters in pvp.

Good pvpers are great pvpers

Anyone here who carries a WAHVOLIN around really needs to stick to pve.

People are going to die in pvp, and its really not because

...i got double ccd with one skill, so i died...

...cant get close enough to kill that sorc, he runs away and absorbs anything i throw at him...

...i cant hit that nb, he disappears, teleports to me and does huge damage then rolls away... mommie!...

Come on folks just play the game and have fun

Dont moan and graon about the game. Look at the past mmos we ALWAYS REMINISCE about, yet we were the same people that put it out of business.

Zos has done a fine job here. If you dont like it, there are other games to play.

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of a mother goose fairy tale where the 3 little numbnuts cried

WAH WAH WAH all the way home.

Nothing but whiners who get killed in pvp by x,y, z class in this game.

Do you folks see more publisized pvp personas here crying?

Not so much because skill in this game actually matters in pvp.

Good pvpers are great pvpers

Anyone here who carries a WAHVOLIN around really needs to stick to pve.

People are going to die in pvp, and its really not because

...i got double ccd with one skill, so i died...

...cant get close enough to kill that sorc, he runs away and absorbs anything i throw at him...

...i cant hit that nb, he disappears, teleports to me and does huge damage then rolls away... mommie!...

Come on folks just play the game and have fun

Dont moan and graon about the game. Look at the past mmos we ALWAYS REMINISCE about, yet we were the same people that put it out of business.

Zos has done a fine job here. If you dont like it, there are other games to play.

This discussion is not about ones level of play or other issues or complaints with other classes or skills. It is simply about why this skill requires the affected player to CC break twice to fully remove the abilities functions.

Thank you for your thought provoking input.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

You need to change your calendar from 2014 to 2015.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Huntler & @hammayolettuce. The tool tip for fossilize clearly states that targets are encased for 20 seconds then when the stun ends they are rooted for 2.5 seconds. So how do you come up with it being a broken skill? " it's working as intended ". Also, when that DK hits you with any attack they break the initial 20 second stun for you, leaving you to CC break the 2.5 second root only. You want to nerf a skill solely because it's annoying? Well, I find Bolt escape highly annoying, but if it's a L2P issue for me, then I think it is for you as well.
    Edited by Aquanova on April 30, 2015 8:35AM
    NA/PC
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Every now and then Huntler picks up a skill that works exactly as described in the tooltip and starts preaching on the formus that it's broken.

Fossilize is working as intended and it's not too overpowered. Leave DKs alone ffs. No more nerfs are needed. If you get killed by a dk, and especially a magika dk, it's a l2p issue.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka DKs OP.

Fossilwaffles? l2p bro.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

well their is a significant difference in beeing the most overpowered class ever (2014) and beeing rather balanced (in 2015) where they are by no means a weak class - none the less fossilize is horribly broken currently and needs to be fixed, 2 ccs wich needs to be broken seperatly, providing the overflow shieldbug, at range without CT while all other comparable spells have a casting time is ridiculous.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

well their is a significant difference in beeing the most overpowered class ever (2014) and beeing rather balanced (in 2015) where they are by no means a weak class - none the less fossilize is horribly broken currently and needs to be fixed, 2 ccs wich needs to be broken seperatly, providing the overflow shieldbug, at range without CT while all other comparable spells have a casting time is ridiculous.

Shield overflow bug may be not intended, i'll give you that.

But 2 CC's that need to be broken separately? That is exactly the way fossilize is supposed to work, according to the tooltip. You may not like it, but that does not make it broken.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

But 2 CC's that need to be broken separately? That is exactly the way fossilize is supposed to work, according to the tooltip. You may not like it, but that does not make it broken.

if you insist on semantics according to the tool tip the root is applied when the disable ends(after 20 sec) not when it is broken ;)

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

if you insist on semantics according to the tool tip the root is applied when the disable ends(after 20 sec) not when it is broken ;)

The tooltip says the root is applied when the primary effect ends. Not when it expires after 20 seconds.

If you CC break, the effect ends.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

The tooltip says the root is applied when the primary effect ends. Not when it expires after 20 seconds.

it doesent end it canceld. as i said its semantics. the effect is over the top and needs to be corrected nothing else.

• Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

@Tankqull. It's not broken if it does what it's supposed to.
    NA/PC
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

it doesent end it canceld. as i said its semantics. the effect is over the top and needs to be corrected nothing else.

If you cancel it, it ends. period.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »

Wait...

DKs are a weak class?

---

@Tankqull. It's not broken if it does what it's supposed to.

nirn does what its tool tip states and is clearly broken, so is fossi.
    CF dmg increasement stacking by it self is clearly broken even though the tool tip doesent state it shouldn´t - should i go on?
    Edited by Tankqull on April 30, 2015 10:17AM