The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just some creative thinking on Alliance War

qsnoopyjr
qsnoopyjr
✭✭✭✭
Was thinking,
This game should have morale included in it, where whoever is defending and they defend for so long and didn't really make much effort in pushing back the enemy, like its a stalemate, that the defensive team should be hurting, especially during siege, because they have no resources and pretty much means, keep is starving, hence the people defending should be hurting. Also, same thing for offensive like if they don't get the walls down fast enough and don't start making any major push through the defensives, and its like a stalemate, that the offensive side should be taking morale hits due to real life doubt of taking over the keep due to the defensives being too strong. Allowing the defensive side to push out the offensive side easier. (like the defensive side meets the offensive side in the field right outside its keep, although the offensive is attacking the keep but meet by heavy defensives.... Not sure if any of you played Romance of the three kingdoms, but this is where my logic is coming from. It would be nice to see this in this game, and I think it would do great. I would say moral affects your attack speed, run speed, stamina, magic regen, stuff like that.

Also,I kinda did wish in order to heal up, you had to type /rest, because in all actuality, if you get smacked around and chopped and such your wounds don't just magically heal. If someone chopped off your arm, you don't just go back to full health after your finished with combat and such. You have to rest up. So maybe something, more real life, where you can heal back up, but only to a certain limit. Like if you been fighting for a long time, you shouldn't be able to get full health, especially when you been taking heavy blows and near death a bunch of times, you maximum health should decrease, but maybe allow you to slowly get your health back out of combat or let healers heal you but only to a certain point. That to really get your maximum health back up, you have to sit somewhere and rest, and you cannot be hidden while resting, and to get out of resting it takes like 3 seconds for you to get back up. So you cant do any of this, rest, sneak real fast because someone coming, rest sneak real fast... It should give the enemy a good chance to gank you, hence you have to pick where you rest wisely or have someone cover you while you rest. Basically, you have to actually find a good hiding spot and rest for a bit, good safe spot.

The battlefield is big in this game, and resting would be great, its also great opportunity for the sneaks to run around and decapitate people resting up on the hill side or by the water and such.

Also, siege weapons, I have no problem with people setting them up real fast, but I was thinking, maybe the ammo, it should be carried, or people should run with a cartload of ammo to the siege weapons and refill them. This is more of a real scene and allows for more strategy going on, like taking out the enemy supply so they got weak siege, and weak siege means you cant really make advance onto the enemy. I was thinking maybe catapults and trebuchets and such, they should do like 95% to 100%, randomly decides how much or depends where you get hit by the trebuchet. Also make trebuchet attacks go up really high in the air, and then come down super fast and make the ground tremble. Like you see the red ring, you got 1 or 1.5 seconds to do something, that's how fast it comes down. Because if you seen Spartacus, when they started trebing Spartacus, those trebs came down fast, like you saw it coming and if you didn't instinctly move, you were dead. For catapults, make it like 70% -100% damage. Make the character stagger and fall down and get knocked down for a good couple seconds too. When you get hit by trebs and catapults, it knocks you down, and you don't just plop back up and start running around like nothing happened. You got owned is what pretty much happened. Basically make siege A LOT more effective, but require people to push cartloads or carry siege cannon balls and such around... Hate being sieged? Than takeout the supply lines, takeout the cartloads of cannon balls and such. Have a bunch if cannon balls be sitting on the ground when people take out cannon ball carts too, still allow the siege people to use that ammo, but rather its on the ground and defective and what not!

I was thinking this game needs more forward camps or offensive camps in general, let this be a place people rest up faster, and also a place for people to boost there moral back to 100%, and get more siege supply and stuff.

This kind of stuff would make AvA a lot more fun, and this game is more than capable of doing this than GW2, because GW2 its too tight compared to this game, being too spacious. Great way to get innovative here. UP to you to decide to stick with the norm... Do what GW2 and DoaC does... Or get ahead and become innovative.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather focus on the fantasy killing and much less on extra details from reality. To each his own though.
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tl:dr
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, I only skimmed it. It's a huge wall of text bro. I think I saw something about forward camps though, I like that let's bring them back! The whole morale thing, it's a cool idea for sure, but this game has enough computations to make that already strain the servers, let's not add more.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    DezIsDead wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I only skimmed it. It's a huge wall of text bro. I think I saw something about forward camps though, I like that let's bring them back! The whole morale thing, it's a cool idea for sure, but this game has enough computations to make that already strain the servers, let's not add more.

Game has enough complications?
    Are you saying this game is complicated or are you saying the developers have enough on there table?

The community shouldn't worry about how much the developers have on the table... Just because they have too much going on doesn't mean theres no opportunity for good ideas to rise and for them to work on ideas such as this over, other stuff they have on the table.... Which maybe they could be working on something... You probably dislike, it may get disliked... But since there was no other ideas, that's what they worked on. Hence why I bring ideas like this, so they give me what I WANT and not what THEY THINK I WANT.
    Juraigr wrote: »

Funny, in college they don't do 30 page essays anymore, now its condense 30 pages of stuff into 3 pages and you have to hit all the points. Also, this is how great ideas goto the graveyard, people just overlook it due to not wanting to actually hear what the person has to say.
    Sacadon wrote: »
    I'd rather focus on the fantasy killing and much less on extra details from reality. To each his own though.

What do you mean by focus on fantasy? You want them to make more NPCs in PvP zone? You want dragons to attack keeps and you have to defend from dragons? This is PvP aspect of the game, and I'd like more PvP related stuff and not more NPCs to fight in PvP.

My ideas, is just a way to make the game more innovative, and different in a positive way than the rest of the games. I don't want more stuff to be implemented to make this AvA play more like GW2 or DoaC.. I want something more unique and fun to play, and having stuff like I mentioned would bring a lot more into the PvP scene.

One other idea that came across my mind is weather. None of those other games have it... Actually no MMORPG has really mastered down the weather. It would be nice to have sunny days, and then rainy days, and harsh T-Storm days, and tornados... Thing with rainy and T-storm days, is it reduces visibility, that's the main point and T-Storm can randomly strike someone and instant kill them. Maybe a Hurricance from the eastern side of the map (water on eastern side, have them feel wrath of hurricane. Earthquakes too, place them on the western side of the map (no water, have them feel wrath of earthquake.

This AvA just feels a little dull and I'm trying to spice it up. Again like I said, don't worry about what the developers have on there table. They can make room for good ideas. I'm pretty sure they want to give YOU WHAT YOU WHAT in PvP aspect of the game rather then playing the guessing game and TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on April 29, 2015 3:50PM
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    DezIsDead wrote: »

Game has enough complications?
    Are you saying this game is complicated or are you saying the developers have enough on there table?

The community shouldn't worry about how much the developers have on the table... Just because they have too much going on doesn't mean theres no opportunity for good ideas to rise and for them to work on ideas such as this over, other stuff they have on the table.... Which maybe they could be working on something... You probably dislike, it may get disliked... But since there was no other ideas, that's what they worked on. Hence why I bring ideas like this, so they give me what I WANT and not what THEY THINK I WANT.
    Juraigr wrote: »

Funny, in college they don't do 30 page essays anymore, now its condense 30 pages of stuff into 3 pages and you have to hit all the points. Also, this is how great ideas goto the graveyard, people just overlook it due to not wanting to actually hear what the person has to say.
    Sacadon wrote: »

What do you mean by focus on fantasy? You want them to make more NPCs in PvP zone? You want dragons to attack keeps and you have to defend from dragons? This is PvP aspect of the game, and I'd like more PvP related stuff and not more NPCs to fight in PvP.

My ideas, is just a way to make the game more innovative, and different in a positive way than the rest of the games. I don't want more stuff to be implemented to make this AvA play more like GW2 or DoaC.. I want something more unique and fun to play, and having stuff like I mentioned would bring a lot more into the PvP scene.

One other idea that came across my mind is weather. None of those other games have it... Actually no MMORPG has really mastered down the weather. It would be nice to have sunny days, and then rainy days, and harsh T-Storm days, and tornados... Thing with rainy and T-storm days, is it reduces visibility, that's the main point and T-Storm can randomly strike someone and instant kill them. Maybe a Hurricance from the eastern side of the map (water on eastern side, have them feel wrath of hurricane. Earthquakes too, place them on the western side of the map (no water, have them feel wrath of earthquake.

This AvA just feels a little dull and I'm trying to spice it up. Again like I said, don't worry about what the developers have on there table. They can make room for good ideas. I'm pretty sure they want to give YOU WHAT YOU WHAT in PvP aspect of the game rather then playing the guessing game and TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT.

i more meant the calculations that are made by the client side, alot of people feel the lag is caused by the game trying to calculate everything going on, hence why its worse when people are using AoE. What i was trying to say is that if that is the root cause more calculations would cause more lag. jope that cleared up my comment some =)
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp