Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LFG Tool settings

AngersRevenge
AngersRevenge
✭✭✭
On the LFG UI there is a "dungeon mode" setting at the top middle (with a shield and a vet shield icon). And, there is a "For activity type:" setting with a drop down that has a selection for dungeon, trials, world, veteran dungeon, etc.

My question is; what do you use these settings for?

I have placed dungeon mode to vet and activity to vet. No group. Placed dungeon mode to vet and activity to dungeon. No group. Placed dungeon mode to regular and activity to vet. No group. Lastly, dungeon mode to regular and activity to vet. No group. Every combination I can think of and waited at least an hour to let the tool search for people.

I am thinking it uses both as a criteria to find other people to group with. What is the majority of other people's settings when using them?
A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's part of the problem. People don't use it. It's terribly designed and needs a complete overhaul.
    :trollin:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The LFG Tool is too granular and requires you to make too many choices before the group is formed. If the tool could just be a listing of all the players who want to group for anything, then it might work better for finding groups.

The granularity only works if there are lots of people using the tool, as it stands, the granularity stops people from benefiting from the tool.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not asking if the tool is bad or not. I know it's far from perfect. It could be more streamlined. I am curious of other peoples settings for those of use that have faith and still use it. What other peoples settings are so some of use might have a better chance of finding a group.

And, before someone says to spam zone for LFG. Sorry not going to do it. I have limited play time and don't want to use it spamming chat.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And, before someone says to spam zone for LFG. Sorry not going to do it. I have limited play time and don't want to use it spamming chat.

And waiting for the LFG tool is a better use of your time? I have set up ques in that thing and waited and waited and waited and no groups formed.

Where I get the groups the fastest is from my Guild. That is your best source for grouping for the game. LFG does work also, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a viable group. And, I rarely spam zone chat, just one or two messages and I am set.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    The LFG tool is a better use of my time. Considering I can be questing while it does its' thing. I get kicked out of guilds a lot due to inactivity. I travel frequently for work and have a family to take care of. Sometimes I'm off for a couple days sometimes for a week or more. The only guild I am currently in doesn't have a huge presence. Prob, about 30 people on at a time, and that's a good day. Most of the people there, who I used to run dungeons with, are no longer playing.
    Edited by AngersRevenge on April 29, 2015 12:34PM