Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy Question (Panacea Of Weapon power)

demonaffinity
demonaffinity
✭✭✭
Greetings!

So I learned about this fantastic potion from Deltia's Gaming, and In decided to get my alchemy up to 50 to make it. I hit V5 yesterday and I gathered a bunch of Cloud mists in Craglorn.

Now I'm standing in front of the alchemy table, and I throw down the following: Cloud Mist, Blessed thistle, Wormwood, Dragonthorn.

Sure enough it shows the Panacea of Weapon power, but something is a bit off. All my Alchemy passives are maxed, beside the Snakeblood one, and Keen eye (2/3). But the Major Savagery gives me 1705 Weapon Critical Rating, while the one Deltia's Gaming use, gives 2099. All other values are the same.

He is V14, I'm V5. Is the higher level what scales up the critical rating the potion offers?
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is V14, I'm V5. Is the higher level what scales up the critical rating the potion offers?
    I don't know for a fact but I'd be amazed if it didn't scale .. imagine a level 1 with that kind of crit rating. :p
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know for a fact but I'd be amazed if it didn't scale .. imagine a level 1 with that kind of crit rating. :p

The potion is restricted to V5 and up, so that wouldnt happen
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    A passive that buff potions maybe?
    Ormesson Stamina NB 2H-Bow
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    A passive that buff potions maybe?

As much as I appreciate the fact that you guys want to help, I can't really use a guess to anything. I need to know the actual reason.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out CP's. Also check the date of the video/article.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try all combos of Reagents that give an increase to Weapon Power?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The potion gives a %, so VR level is a factor. As well as how many points you have put into Stamina.
    Edited by Fleshreaper on April 29, 2015 2:58PM
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried this out and here's what I got.

Using the same ingredients you listed: Cloud Mist, Blessed Thistle, Wormwood and Dragonthorn

As a V3 character (all alchemy passives maxed out and no points slotted into stamina) I get a Crit rating of 1621.
    As a V14 character (all passives in alchemy maxed and no points slotted into stamina) I get a Crit rating of 2099.

The only CP skill that directly effects potions is Nourishing but it only effects the healing done. To be on the safe side I did check to see if there would be a difference and removed the points from there on both characters. Still got the same results Though.

The video's dated at Nov 10, 2014 so it's pretty old. Still valid but old. In the video he's using a NB character and mentions Catalyst. Well sadly Catalyst no longer effects potions like it once did. All Catalyst does now is give 12 ultimate when you use a potion. So we can rule that out.

I know he's using a Kahjiit in the video but figured I'd mention this incase it's crossed anybody's mind. The Argonian passive Amphibious no longer effects potions in any way. It just restores 6% of your character's max stam/hp/magica when you use one.

Same with glyphs using the Alchemist rune. They only change cooldown rate and duration, they don't give a direct boost to effects anymore.

Other combinations using Water Hyacinth, Stinkhorn, Mountain Flower, Luminous Russula, Columbine, Bugloss and Blue Entoloma can give various different effects such as reducing armor, restoring health + Stamina or increasing effect duration but you'll still wind up with a Crit rating of 2099 on a V14 character and 1621 on a V3.

So yeah, looks like there is some level scaling going on there.
    Edited by Fruitmass on April 29, 2015 9:07PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitmass wrote: »
    J

So yeah, looks like there is some level scaling going on there.

Thank you for sussing this out. Appreciated.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"