Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2v2 PvP Tournament - Final Resut

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILhvMB-PDc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for watching!

1st Place: Sypher (AD NB) and Aetcharian (AD NB)
2nd Place: Arcane Requiem (DC Sorc) and Arcane Karstyll (DC Sorc)
2nd Place: Prince Jago (DC NB) and Velconn (DC NB)
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see 66% NB in the finals and look forward to at least 66% of all and future QQ nerf posts to be directed towards NBs. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation forums.

Why you picking on that Storm Atronach near the end there Sypher? What he ever do to you to deserve double ambush.
    Edited by Erock25 on April 28, 2015 5:27PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    so sad
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    Honestly this did a great job of showcasing nirn at its finest (Not discrediting two great players but pointing something out) But if you look at second round final fight, you ambushed directly into most of their mines while only being taken to 35% health (After watching multiple times its hard to tell but I think it was like 2-3k per mine)??? My mines tooltip is I believe 4300 (I'm only v8 keep in mind). If someone rolls into 3 of my mines especially on a stamina build, if I time curse with it they are almost always dead with curse + mines + streak. Also noticed in the next to last round streak was hitting you for about 1300-1600, my tooltip is 3k at v8.But nice win overall.
    Edited by TheElementalPlatypus on April 28, 2015 5:47PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this did a great job of showcasing nirn at its finest (Not discrediting two great players but pointing something out) But if you look at second round final fight, you ambushed directly into most of their mines while only being taken to 35% health (After watching multiple times its hard to tell but I think it was like 2-3k per mine)??? My mines tooltip is I believe 4300 (I'm only v8 keep in mind). If someone rolls into 3 of my mines especially on a stamina build, if I time curse with it they are almost always dead with curse + mines + streak. Also noticed in the next to last round streak was hitting you for about 1300-1600, my tooltip is 3k at v8.But nice win overall.

Yes, nirnhoned will negate a magicka build almost completely. Anyone who hits 3+ mines should die, and if not die be taken to a dangerous execute range. My mine tooltip unbuffed hit 4240 for each mine, buffed 4658 damage. So, give or take some resistance based on armor, mines should typically hit in the 4k + range noncrit, and nearly 5k when critting, which, typically, 2-3 will crit at a time. So we're looking at a massive, massive amount of damage just completely taken away due to nirnhoned. Melee builds should fear a minefield, particularly a double minefield, which is a sorcerer's most solid defense against melee, and nirnhoned takes away completely from that one actual defense we have. Nirnhoned also prevents things such as ultimates from doing the damage they should, in fact, be doing. So not only does an entire series of effective builds get thrown away due to nirnhoned, also ultimates that other builds use get thrown away. Nirnhoned is absolutely out of control. I wish the fix would be sooner. I hope ZoS takes a look at this video and can see how Nirn, in fact, is ruining the game for magicka builds.

Congrats to you guys, the tournament was fun. We had some great matches, and I do hope that in the next tourney Nirnhoned is banned until it's fixed. (:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • TheElementalPlatypus

Yes, nirnhoned will negate a magicka build almost completely. Anyone who hits 3+ mines should die, and if not die be taken to a dangerous execute range. My mine tooltip unbuffed hit 4240 for each mine, buffed 4658 damage. So, give or take some resistance based on armor, mines should typically hit in the 4k + range noncrit, and nearly 5k when critting, which, typically, 2-3 will crit at a time. So we're looking at a massive, massive amount of damage just completely taken away due to nirnhoned. Melee builds should fear a minefield, particularly a double minefield, which is a sorcerer's most solid defense against melee, and nirnhoned takes away completely from that one actual defense we have. Nirnhoned also prevents things such as ultimates from doing the damage they should, in fact, be doing. So not only does an entire series of effective builds get thrown away due to nirnhoned, also ultimates that other builds use get thrown away. Nirnhoned is absolutely out of control. I wish the fix would be sooner. I hope ZoS takes a look at this video and can see how Nirn, in fact, is ruining the game for magicka builds.

Congrats to you guys, the tournament was fun. We had some great matches, and I do hope that in the next tourney Nirnhoned is banned until it's fixed. (:

I can live with perma block. I can live with getting sniped from someone in the back for 14k. I can live with having someone dodge forever. But having a trait make it so I am forced to forget about that target and have to live with them whacking on me until I can kill others/run is incredibly stupid.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_BradL on April 29, 2015 10:28PM
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has sypher changed his build?

Because if not: Skirmisher set = no nirnhoned.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    Has sypher changed his build?

Because if not: Skirmisher set = no nirnhoned.

Look at the armor, it's not skirmisher in the video.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got one question. Why did you allow nirn gear in the tournament? I'm sure myself and many others would like to see a rematch with normal gear. :)
    Edited by LegendaryMage on April 28, 2015 6:39PM
  • TheElementalPlatypus

Edit: I'm sure myself and many others would like to see a rematch with normal gear. :)

+ to this. Would love to watch it.

• mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    I only got one question. Why did you allow nirn gear in the tournament? I'm sure myself and many others would like to see a rematch with normal gear. :)

Saw you kill a vr14 sorc as a level 11.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sry its so bad if u used nirnhoned..so many broken sets like twin sisters were not allowed but nirnhoned?

And im a nirnhoned user NB buuut in the first place i used nirnhoned because op sorc dmg. Hm :|
    Edited by Iyas on April 28, 2015 6:46PM
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Nirnhoned cause i would use it after a nerf as well.. i don´t like the other traits.. xD
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who does the matchmaking for these tournaments? The guild leader? I would think the guild leader who sets up the tournament wouldn't be allowed to fight in the tournament.

Also, using Nirn to counter Sorcs and other Magic builds right now is kinda cruddy. Especially since when I was in Legends, you couldn't use Twin Sisters, or the other sets that were bugged at the time.

Another thing that bothers me is you specifically went out and got a set of Nirn to fight in this tournament to give you a clear advantage. Ouch.

Legends has never been the same though since FC's were taken away, and most people change their builds directly to counter the other instead of just fighting with "their" builds like it use to be before. I guess things change.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I liked the non-edited form of this post better.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed all of the fights leading up to the final, very close fights all around, and it was a general good time.
    I did not realize that Sypher would be using nirnhoned however, especially due to a statement from him saying that it was impossible to tell who was or was not using nirnhoned, and as such it would be too hard to ban.

After witnessing their duo demolish Davnaro and Velokodi, a team that my partner and I were very excited and nervous to encounter in the tournament because of how skilled and challenging these players proved to be in the 3v3 tournament previously, we quickly came to the conclusion that nirnhoned was in fact being used to its full power. :)

Long story short, I just feel slightly cheated, especially because I would be more than happy to participate in a showcasing of the brokenly overpowered effects of nirnhoned with Sypher, just not in a competitive tournament.

My partner and I are not angry about the loss, but we just feel (along with many other magicka builds watching, according to the whispers I received after the fights) that it was a very unfair advantage to use nirnhoned.

I feel as if many very skilled magicka users, some of the top of their classes, have been embarrassed and made to look like fools to anyone unaware of the nirnhoned effect that may be watching. I suppose it is good that the first two fights were not recorded, because the other two teams did not have much of a chance, being primary magicka, even though they were both very skilled teams.

As I said before, we do not mind losing like this, I just hope that in the future, if you are intending on using a broken trait to win instead of promoting a fun and competitive environment for skilled players to compete and improve in, that you will tell my partner and I first so that we may do something more productive with our time.

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »

Legends has never been the same though since FC's were taken away, and most people change their builds directly to counter the other instead of just fighting with "their" builds like it use to be before. I guess things change.

The switch to the direct counter build is one of the reason i dont go to duels anymore. I always tried to fight with my open field build. but most ppl see the skill in finding the counter build.

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mortuusbae wrote: »
    Saw you kill a vr14 sorc as a level 11.

I am posting a dueling video right now, it just takes a bit of time until youtube process it. Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

One build, one set of gear, fighting all opponents just switching gameplay and tactics.
    Erock25 wrote: »

I liked the non-edited form of this post better.

Yeah me too, and I have much more to say but I want to emphasize the question first before providing any additional input. Would really like to hear Sypher's answer, anything other than 'it's impossible to determine who was using it' as this is irrelevant because he plays a stamina build and would never have an issue against nirn in the first place.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ambush fear is what i saw was the main killer of the sorcs, i mean there is no counter to that move, then its followed by a burst, atleast it was on a server that wasnt laggy as *** for the sorcs so they can instantly cc break it. every sorc move is counterable.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    ambush fear is what i saw was the main killer of the sorcs, i mean there is no counter to that move, then its followed by a burst, atleast it was on a server that wasnt laggy as *** for the sorcs so they can instantly cc break it. every sorc move is counterable.

ambush -> fear -> execute was the combo. everything else is just dodge roll, speed, and heals.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    I use Nirnhoned cause i would use it after a nerf as well.. i don´t like the other traits.. xD

I´ve heared a pretty similar statement from your guild involving meatbag catapults and blockade of fire - shamed be he who thinks evil of it.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I´ve heared a pretty similar statement from your guild involving meatbag catapults and blockade of fire - shamed be he who thinks evil of it.

I never saw fire of blockade again after the fix.. o:)

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We still use meatbags a lot and sadly blockade of fire got also a huge nerf together with a fix, that´s why no one uses it anymore.

And anyway i don´t need Impenentrable or Infused, so why shouldn´t i use nirn instead?

- Meow -
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We still use meatbags a lot and sadly blockade of fire got also a huge nerf together with a fix, that´s why no one uses it anymore.

And anyway i don´t need Impenentrable or Infused, so why shouldn´t i use nirn instead?

Because you're the OP cat and don't need it! :)
    Edited by LegendaryMage on April 28, 2015 8:10PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because you're the OP cat and don't need it! :)

Tell that these 15k Overload Attacks :(

- Meow -
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    did any dk,or temp even make it to top 10
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jbugz97 wrote: »
    did any dk,or temp even make it to top 10

Yes, there was a Sorc/DK team we fought in the second round and it was an amazing matchup. A double Templar team made it also to the second round.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people comparing Twin Sisters and Nirnhoned?

Twin Sisters was clearly bugged, and was proccing far more then it should

Nirnhoned is doing exactly what its tooltip says it does, Now it may be overpowered..But then again it wasn't the only overpowered thing in those fights...
  • MoneyOverEverything
    and exactly this is the reason why they dont implement battlegrounds or arena.
    so many bugs, so many exploits, so many things arent working how they should. imagine what would happen if there is a 3v3 arena and a single spellresistance-hardcap dk yoloswaggerwipes 3 other players while his mates are only in the arena to give him a wyrmcult-buff which he dont need. +100% more swearwords/u-hack whispers +50% more written tickets + 500% more cry and whine on forums etc. etc.

BUT WHO CARES AS LONG U CAN HAVE A NI1!!!!1€€€€ mO_oûNT_T
    Don`t nerf the hype.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, still feel *** about that :(
    Iyas wrote: »

I never saw fire of blockade again after the fix.. o:)

I actually used it for a bit to procc skoria! Then went emo mode and PvEd all day for weeks :'(
    :]
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since we can't regulate Nirnhoned we decided to allow it in the tournament. I'm more than happy to rematch without Nirn gear or whitestrakes but the fact of the matter is Nirnhoned is not an exploit/bug it is an over powered mechanic (one of many used in the tournaments) which will be toned down but still be useful against users stacking spell damage / magicka. Also there were MANY teams in the tournament using the trait (German/Karstyll weren't you guys using it as well? Judging by your other fights it looked like you guys were). I'm not using you guys or anyone using it as an excuse for using nirnhoned but if you're going to fuss about a mechanic that is over powered we would have to ban many OP things from the tournaments.

Aetcha and I are looking forward to a rematch without Nirn.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK