Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher problems...

xeoneexb14_ESO
xeoneexb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Well I think they dun foobar'd it. So after today's maintenance, I have been unable to patch it properly. Actually that's not exactly right. It downloaded the patch but for some reason it keeps saying repair. I hit repair, and it worked once, was able to get in game but I closed it out and was going to go to bed. I forgot to check something so I went to log in again and it keeps saying repair. Even after I repair it. Think something royally messed up and I'm not sure if I'm the only one getting this issue, or how to fix it...
John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The launcher behaves the same after every patch for me. Just hit "play" really quickly before the "repair" option appears, or launch the game by double clicking "eso.exe" directly. The launcher is very badly programmed and confuses a busy server with a faulty game. When the server doesn't respond in time to the launcher's request for information on which version is the current one, the launcher thinks that your game is damaged. Utterly stupid, yes, but this is the way it has been for ages, and I don't think they are even capable of fixing it, seeing how it affects every customer negatively and makes the game look bad, yet they do nothing to address the problem.
  • xeoneexb14_ESO
    xeoneexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed something, after I play and close the game out, the launcher downloads something really fast causing the repair button to appear.
    John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for alot of people, running the launcher as admin will fix the problem
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's just trying to contact the server again to check the version, failing at it, and bailing out. Just ignore it. The program just treats a busy connection as if it were a problem on your end. It's not.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of players are seeing this AGAIN after the update Monday. You can usually open and close the launcher and after a few tries you will get a good launcher or you can run from the eso.exe. Problem is at some point that launcher has to work for future updates.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/163526/error-209-patchmanifesterror-started-after-mondays-update-4-6-15-ticket-150407-000417#latest