Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[PVP Video] Minoa's 1.6 Healing/Support Testing Video (Gear config. #3)

Roselle
Roselle
✭✭✭✭
I've been rather busy with work the past couple months, but I'm liking this third gear configuration I thought could work for my playstyle.

I am using:
2 piece Engine Guardian
5 piece Warlock
5 piece Arena

Still contemplating some minor adjustments, but overall I think I'm liking the adequate tank power/burst support and healing this setup provides.

Here are a couple derp clips to show it. (Yes, my cluttered UI will always be presented!)

I haven't seen too many videos from healing/support POV in 1.6, so any comments or additional videos from other templars would be awesome.
This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭
    UI so cluttered :o
    Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    How would swaping warlock for lich work?
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »
    How would swaping warlock for lich work?

To swap those sets would make you lose the option for Engine guardian and sword and board, which strengthens the tank aspect of my setup.

But if you're going full recovery, I could see it still working with vamp or a slightly less front line support role.
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    ahh true, helm and shoulders are part of that set.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some reason when I watch this video I hear luvboard's voice saying 'errmahhgerrdd'.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fancy fancy fancy!
    great video! :smiley:
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason when I watch this video I hear luvboard's voice saying 'errmahhgerrdd'.

Hahaha. Luvboard makes me take that tone when we talk...
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Fancy fancy fancy!
    great video! :smiley:

Thanks! :)
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    I've been rather busy with work the past couple months, but I'm liking this third gear configuration I thought could work for my playstyle.

I am using:
    2 piece Engine Guardian
    5 piece Warlock
    5 piece Arena

Still contemplating some minor adjustments, but overall I think I'm liking the adequate tank power/burst support and healing this setup provides.

Here are a couple derp clips to show it. (Yes, my cluttered UI will always be presented!)

I haven't seen too many videos from healing/support POV in 1.6, so any comments or additional videos from other templars would be awesome.

Definitely an interesting setup. You seem fine on magicka, what armor type are you running? 5/1/1 5/2 etc. I'd consider (in small mans) trying to swap your purifying ritual and cleanse. Small mans the purifying ritual synergy I feel is too slow, good to have on the offbar to throw up when not moving for the passive 30% buff, but otherwise need instant reaction with a cleanse (think you might have been running efficient purge, but either way). I'd also probably put repentance on my backup bar, I get your build is around blocking/rolling a lot with low stamina, but its not really an ability you need to spam, the bodies aren't going anywhere. I'd also think about dropping vigor entirely, with such low stam your vigor doesn't even heal for 1k without a crit, has to be some other options backup bar wise that would have a better use (and thus not limit your stamina either). You are very reliant on having bodies, but if the fight is long or no one is dying immediately you could find yourself in a very tough spot. Maybe a resto bar for your offhand for rapid regen (for the love of god don't do what havoc does and use mutagen, its garbage) or blessings of restoration, or still go a stam ability route and use the s/b reflect.

Rapid regen is seriously the most godly ability for small mans like that and no one gives it a second thought, its ludicrous.

Obviously if it ain't broke, don't fix it, you asked for thoughts and thought I'd throw out things I'd change if I ran a similar setup :).
    Edited by Huntler on April 27, 2015 4:46PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how you get CCed a lot in those clips, I think the arena set is a wise choice...especially since you do not appear to have magicka regen issues.

I am guessing you use vigor as a HoT so you don't have to run a resto staff. I know vigor is a *really* good heal (for stam builds), but I'd agree with Huntler that your build could be better without it.

I am of a mixed mind with cleansing ritual. I love the spell because it debuffs stuff on me, but if I am a dedicated healer for a PvP raid - which moves around an awful lot and has to hit the synergy key to get the effect - I do think purge is the better choice. I also agree with Huntler that rapid regen is strong for small raids, though once you get up to 8 people or so, healing springs is the best heal in the game.

One thing I am impressed about in the video is that you do a very good job of keeping *yourself* alive, even though you were under some pretty heavy fire.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

I am using:
    2 piece Engine Guardian
    5 piece Warlock
    5 piece Arena

Definitely an interesting setup. You seem fine on magicka, what armor type are you running? 5/1/1 5/2 etc. I'd consider (in small mans) trying to swap your purifying ritual and cleanse. Small mans the purifying ritual synergy I feel is too slow, good to have on the offbar to throw up when not moving for the passive 30% buff, but otherwise need instant reaction with a cleanse (think you might have been running efficient purge, but either way). I'd also probably put repentance on my backup bar, I get your build is around blocking/rolling a lot with low stamina, but its not really an ability you need to spam, the bodies aren't going anywhere. I'd also think about dropping vigor entirely, with such low stam your vigor doesn't even heal for 1k without a crit, has to be some other options backup bar wise that would have a better use (and thus not limit your stamina either). You are very reliant on having bodies, but if the fight is long or no one is dying immediately you could find yourself in a very tough spot. Maybe a resto bar for your offhand for rapid regen (for the love of god don't do what havoc does and use mutagen, its garbage) or blessings of restoration, or still go a stam ability route and use the s/b reflect.

Rapid regen is seriously the most godly ability for small mans like that and no one gives it a second thought, its ludicrous.

Obviously if it ain't broke, don't fix it, you asked for thoughts and thought I'd throw out things I'd change if I ran a similar setup :).

5/1/1 since I'm Undaunted 9. I am more focused on stat % for synergy stat return/blazing shield potency

I run purifying ritual because a lot of the times I am getting the +30% towards repentance and breath of life (the radius is actually not bad) - so I feel it is worth it.

I was playing around with one more ability, and I went with Vigor. There are times when I'm literally at full stamina rolling around because there are bodies everywhere - just to be able to throw in a minor HoT with it can save someone before my magicka is in a good spot, I believe anyway.

This setup cannot run resto staff since I'm using 5 set 5 set 2 set - I am just testing things for now. I appreciate the suggestions and will look into a 4th setup with your comments.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran this setup -- replacing Dwemer for Bloodspawn -- for most of 1.4-1.5.
    This setup cannot run resto staff since I'm using 5 set 5 set 2 set - I am just testing things for now. I appreciate the suggestions and will look into a 4th setup with your comments.

I think this is an interesting point in general. Gear set 5/5/2 is the most efficient way to build -- it gives you 10 (!) set bonuses. Also, 4/4/4 is really nice (9 set bonuses, e.g. healer/magnus/martial as a magicka build). The tough part is that you have to sacrifice a ranged attack. But as a templar you don't need that as badly as a DK since you have ranged magicka attacks.