The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sneak attack and nightblade... ?

xJeremx
xJeremx
Hello,

I'm new and I noticed that sneak + heavy attack is really powerfull.. But.. I did the same thing with the cloak of the nightblade + heavy attack and I found that really weak.. The ennemy doesn't take more damage and isnt knocked down..

So I was wondering : The cloak is only useful to escape ?? there isn't any advantage of activating it just before attacking someone ?? :neutral:

Thank you !
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will not get the initial dmg gain as when you are sneaking.

Shadow cloak has its benefits.

Works with veiled attack for example.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx
    Thank you for your answer !

I checked the others skills but veiled attack is the only one which need the cloak to have a better effect isn't it ?
    and go with sneak + heavy and only then cloak + veiled attack isn't much better ?

I didn't test it in PvP but in PvE I think sneak attack is just amazing ! The ennemies are knock down and left with 25% hp in one heavy hit :o I think that is really bad that cloak doesn't provide this effect..

(sorry for my english it's not my mothertongue :p )
  • zeitzbachrwb17_ESO
    You can use it with Snipe and morphed cloak to force 100% Crit snipe since the effect is proc'd when the arrow lands so you can just cloak while the projectile is in motion and bam!
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx
    This is useful to know! Thanks !