The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Keep Claims

JDar
JDar
✭✭✭✭✭
ZoS pls it's stupid that this is still bugged. The claim menu is also messed up now too. Pretty low on the laundry list of complaints. Maybe that's good that this is my number one pet peeve now [The lag seems betterish?] Anyway, idiots are going around and claiming keeps with lame gag guilds (yeah I would never do this ofc). I am told it is these one-man guilds that are causing the problem. People are also losing money because guild stores are less often available. I can't open my guild store right now. Wahh. Please fix. It's been like this far too long.
Edited by JDar on April 23, 2015 10:16AM
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHAT!?!?!?!! you don't like it when i claim AD keeps in the name of "EP's Clown Car" ???????????
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm a little annoyed that my new guild, Moderate Best Friends, can't get on the map because of this nonsense.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now there are only two reasons to claim a keep. First is to have a guild store in that keep (and 95% of the time the guild in ownership does not even have a store) and to simply get your name out there for recognition. I'd say the easiest and probably not very popular fix is to just make it so that in order to claim a keep you need a minimum of 50 members (the requirement for a guild store). Other possible fixes could include adding more perks to owning a keep so that it actually serves a real purpose for guilds with no store or splitting the store and tagging of the keep so that a guild can claim it for the sake of it but the store can only be claimed by a guild that actually has a store.
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Claiming a keep is a lesson in frustration, especially if you and your group are the main ones to siege the keep, you do all the work, you cap the flags and you repair the holes in the wall, and some scrub claims the keep faster then you can.

And by scrub, I absolutely mean the imbeciles that have a completely offensive and utterly useless guild name as well as nothing in their guild store for sale, making the claim completely useless to not only their guild economy but screwing over legitimate guilds that DO.

I like the idea of earned guild perks that give a guild the ability to claim a keep. A certain number of members or a certain 'level' for the guild, before the guild is able to claim. Perhaps even a combination of a number of members, 'guild level', and a guild store could be the proper 'gate' needed.
    Edited by Siliconhobbit_ESO on April 24, 2015 8:38PM
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am 100% in agreement, I like to buy stuff from guild stores and when the idiot morons around claim keeps using some useless store-less guild, I am ready to rage out.

STOP CLAIMING KEEPS IF YOU DONT GAVE A STORE TO PUT THERE.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    But then how will players know which keeps are safe, inclusive, and sexy if not claimed by Blake's ERP Training Center?
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They all belong to me