The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So this happened

zardenurghanb14_ESO
So been playing a few days now and...well all the sudden this happened..... wR0YtHJ.png

Its not just my character effected its everyones on my screen not only that turning off shadows does nothing it looks like everyones being lit from the bottom.

If anyone has a solution please share I really dont wanna look like a liquid terminator any more.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried repairing the game?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Have you tried repairing the game?

Repaired several times still hasnt fixed it :/
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    try tinkering with your graphics in game.... I had a similar thing for a while and now I can't recall how I finally got past it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    try tinkering with your graphics in game.... I had a similar thing for a while and now I can't recall how I finally got past it.

did that nothing fixed it so im reinstalling
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont wanna look like a liquid terminator any more.

"I'll be back... to proper texture soon."

:shrug:

Dunno what's causing it, but at least you look... unique?
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    Auricle wrote: »
    I really dont wanna look like a liquid terminator any more.

"I'll be back... to proper texture soon."

:shrug:

Dunno what's causing it, but at least you look... unique?

wish it was only me but it happens to others too and mobs as soon as they enter shadows or turn thier backs to the sun and turning shadows off didnt fix it lol
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    before you format try loading sweetfx on your machine . I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to modding sites and im quite new , liking the game and do not want to get a ban haha. But there are some easy manuals for it and should modify your textures. makes a huge difference in colors.

• zardenurghanb14_ESO
    Rynier wrote: »
    before you format try loading sweetfx on your machine . I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to modding sites and im quite new , liking the game and do not want to get a ban haha. But there are some easy manuals for it and should modify your textures. makes a huge difference in colors.

hmm ill see what presets are out there for it
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    So small update I tried Sweet FX i tried re installing nothing worked so far so at this point i may just suffer till the ps4 version and play that lol unless i can fix this >:
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update video card drivers and/or try using TRUE full screen mode (not windowed mode or windowed fullscreen)
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on April 24, 2015 11:47PM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    Update video card drivers and/or try using TRUE full screen mode (not windowed mode or windowed fullscreen)

tried that too nothing seems to be working
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    something similar just happened to one of my toons too. so not cool!!! in fact i just played for less than a half hour, encountered three awful bugs, couldn't deal, and logged out. I swear to the Divines this game ran better in beta!!

7oOW1rR.png

• Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    This is not caused by SweetFX, your textures, graphics card etc. Repairing wont help because that is not the issue. This was a bug in the past the was "fixed" in a prior patch but appears to have come up again in the latest updates.

Here is a link to an old thread about it: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1303983/#Comment_1303983

In which I state:

Repentance is a morph of Restoring Aura, an ability in the Templar's Restoring Light skill line. It "consumes the essence of corpses" to restore health and stamina from defeated enemies within it's range when activated. This burnt effect is then applied to the corpses to show that they can no longer be consumed again. When the effect is applied to players, the effect does not always get removed when you resurrect.

And from this thread the supposed fix: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/139784/patch-notes-v1-5-4

which states:
    Templar
    Restoring Light
    Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): Fixed an issue if you were affected by this ability, you would still have dark textures appear on your face and body.

Do an in game /bug and include a screenshot so that ZOS is aware this is happening again.

As for a work around, many have said if you do an in game action to force retexturing it may fix it, but it does not work every time. Actions such as an emote, putting on a disguise, or logging out. Even quitting the game and restarting will once in a while not fix the issue.
    Edited by Hookgrin on April 25, 2015 2:57AM
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    This is not caused by SweetFX, your textures, graphics card etc. Repairing wont help because that is not the issue. This was a bug in the past the was "fixed" in a prior patch but appears to have come up again in the latest updates.

Here is a link to an old thread about it: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1303983/#Comment_1303983

In which I state:

Repentance is a morph of Restoring Aura, an ability in the Templar's Restoring Light skill line. It "consumes the essence of corpses" to restore health and stamina from defeated enemies within it's range when activated. This burnt effect is then applied to the corpses to show that they can no longer be consumed again. When the effect is applied to players, the effect does not always get removed when you resurrect.

And from this thread the supposed fix: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/139784/patch-notes-v1-5-4

which states:
    Templar
    Restoring Light
    Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): Fixed an issue if you were affected by this ability, you would still have dark textures appear on your face and body.

Do an in game /bug and include a screenshot so that ZOS is aware this is happening again.

As for a work around, many have said if you do an in game action to force retexturing it may fix it, but it does not work every time. Actions such as an emote, putting on a disguise, or logging out. Even quitting the game and restarting will once in a while not fix the issue.

yeah just one issue...im not a templar and ive tried all of those methods lol guess ill just have to submit a bug thingy
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    This happens when a Templar uses this ability on you, doesn't matter what you are.

I reread your post, I missed this the first time; You said all of the characters around you look like this too, is this all of the time? If that's the case I would submit a ticket on the Support page.