Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

best race for Stamina Build: Imperial, Wood Elf or Redguard?

carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESO
Hello i want to create a new character that will be a heavy stamina melee user (a templar two hander/sword and shield and spamming a lot of biting jabs). And i really dont want much problems running out of stamina.

I want to chose the race but im divided. I have Imperial edidion

Wood Elves have the best "combat Stamina Regeneration"passive, up to 21%! and even more 3% max stamina

RedGuards Have the 9% Stamina recovery in combat, plus 10% more Stamina pool, plus STamina on melee hit

Imperials have 10% Max Stamina only but have 12% more HP and HP on hit that MAYBE can help by adding less points into health and focusing more on STamina and MAYBE at long turn will be more helpfull.

Im really really inclined to Wood Elf and RedGuard races.

Any Help will be apreciated

sorry for bad grammar. Im not from english language country.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh, i went Orc. Can't be a true stam build without lookin' badass...
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    IMO: Imperial... that is all
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESO
    IMO: Imperial... that is all
    But as imperial will need stack Stam Regen or Stam lowered costs, and as others i can stack HP or Weapon Power. Or im mistaken?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your race choice wont heavily effect your ability to manage your resources. Your build however will. The racial passives are pretty insignificant unless you're referring to a min/max build.

Edit: Personally I prefer increasing my base attributes as much as possible. So Imperial. I also don't focus on regen at all really.

The question is will you be tank or dps? If tank, then base attributes mostly. If dps, then races that increase damage specifically may be better, for example khajit.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 23, 2015 10:10PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    But now that the softcap its gone ive read a lot that they are making much more diference
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But now that the softcap its gone ive read a lot that they are making much more diference

"much more" is subjective and ppl tend to over exaggerate on the forums. I have an imperial and its not "much more". More, yes. But it's not game changing or anything.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 23, 2015 10:16PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most players would agree that Redguards are the kings of stamina.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are planning to play in group as a stam dps then redguard. you'll have a healer.

If tank then imperial.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 23, 2015 10:21PM
    I plan as solo player mostly, i know its a MMO, its that i mostly play solo, with fee moments of group and fewer PVP...
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard ftw/
    TheBull wrote: »
    Redguard ftw/

Ty then. It was my primary choice. Then i saw the 21% of stam regen of Wood Elves and got a huge doubt. And there is this other thread on General forums saying that Imperials are OP and i got really confused.

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a roleplayer, i would say choose your favorite race. PVE is embarrassingly easy anyway, any handicap you choose, like a race that doesnt work for your build, can only work to your benifit
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    My orc is also my stamina based DPS DK. My redguard is my DK tank (all into health).

With the softcap removals, it would seem I should have them switched... lol
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Key33
    Key33
    Hey Carlos, I've been in the same boat looking for the best race to pair with a stam build, and though there have been many different opinions, most told me if it was group pve content then strongest for dps= redguard, I was told that the combination of a higher stam pool along with the stam regen and stam on hit passive outweighed the Imperial and wood elf racials . Pve group tank= Imperial due to the hp bonus and removal of soft caps. Pvp stam builds were fairly split between the three races you mentioned, but most ranked it as redguard, imperial, and then wood elf. I ended up choosing imperial for one of my stam builds because I might some day want to switch to magicka build, and Imperial seems to be the jack of all trades. If you are only planning to do solo content I don't think race choice will matter much. I Like to min/max though, and plan on playing end game pve and pvp, so choosing the right race was very important to me.