Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Official Discussion Thread for "The ESOTU Console Beta Starts Tomorrow!"

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this a limited or closed public beta test instead of an open public beta test? The mind boggles.

Also, what criteria was used to select the beta testers? Or was it simply random? Signing up for the console beta back in 2013, being a PC beta tester since 2013, being a PTS tester since the P switched to Public, being an ESO Plus subscriber and buying the $20 console game copy from the ZOS store is not enough to obtain a console beta test key. Again, the mind boggles.
  • Beastboy93
    Well if you do, please let them know That they are all awesome!!! and make give the person that came up with the release date a hug or a handshake or a chest bump for it.. It's on my Birthday!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! Best Birthday date EVER!!!!! Never looked forward to so much in my entire life :D!!!!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you guys can update this once you've successfully sent invites out, that'd be great.
    So far...according to the forums, Facebook and Twitter ...no one has received anything since the announcement.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so begins the journey of the new target market.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Fhaerron
    Fhaerron
    ✭✭✭
    Those screenshots you posted after the information ... I can't really believe those are console screenshots? The lightning alone seems to be PC ultra settings? Are those edited or maybe 4K resolution?

I play on PC on ultra settings using 1080P and have to say that those screenshots look better then what I see in my game.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beastboy93 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey Hey do you work with everyone who made the game? and who came up with the released date?

Heh.. I finally looked.. Tuesday is an odd release date
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    So if you guys can update this once you've successfully sent invites out, that'd be great.
    So far...according to the forums, Facebook and Twitter ...no one has received anything since the announcement.

We can do that. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭

We can do that. :)
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Just for clarity since I saw your other post, he's asking if any invites went out at all yet, he's not asking for when the last wave has been sent out.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 22, 2015 8:17PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Just for clarity since I saw your other post, he's asking if any invites went out at all yet, he's not asking for when the last wave has been sent out.

Ah shoot. That's what I get for reading and replying too fast. Sorry! Invites have started to go out. We had a bit of a delay, but as of right now they are being sent out.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Ah shoot. That's what I get for reading and replying too fast. Sorry! Invites have started to go out. We had a bit of a delay, but as of right now they are being sent out.

Thank you :)
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Meh, happens ;). The more important thing is you came back and clarified :D as far as us forum people are concerned :).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Just got my invite!
  • ohheynix
    ohheynix
    Just got my invite!

I want this so badly to be true, but I can't help feeling that this is a troll post.
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    Just got my invite!

pics or it didnt happen
  • X_NOVIA_X
    X_NOVIA_X
    ✭✭✭
    I got my invite hour or two ago, I'm half done installing it. I think I registered days after the registration began. Also had the survey email a week ago. Now the long wait of 17 hours begins
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tnoviaub17_ESO I hate you >.<
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • aConsoleCouple
    I haven't got mine still, neither have my friends. :(
  • X_NOVIA_X
    X_NOVIA_X
    ✭✭✭
    I will definitely stream on twitch for you guys who don't end up with a key. Feel free to search it up, I'll be waking up early for once to get a head start. I'll need people to help me decide what to do, and figure out what you guys want to get a glimpse of. My twitch is "N0VIA" It's all caps, with a Zero, not an "o". Good luck with the emails people!!
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    I've got mine as well. Download in progress :)

for the ZOS folks: what does linking accounts mean? Is it the transfer that I have to buy, or just a free thing that gives me all my PC-account loot during the beta?
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just a heads-up for everyone watching your email, invites will continue going out through tomorrow.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank god
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got mine as well. Download in progress :)

for the ZOS folks: what does linking accounts mean? Is it the transfer that I have to buy, or just a free thing that gives me all my PC-account loot during the beta?

Probably for transfers, tho I'd loved some clarification on account linking as well. Asked about that in the German thread, let's see who's first. B)
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Beastboy93
    It's a bummer that i am not even sure if i signed up for the beta :( .... I was really looking forward to being able to play along side my fellow lizard people on my xbox one :\ ... hope you all have fun
  • Beastboy93
    but as of now ... The release date of the game is on my birthday hahaha ... so i'll be happy with just that for now xD
  • Fhaerron
    Fhaerron
    ✭✭✭
    Fhaerron wrote: »
    Those screenshots you posted after the information ... I can't really believe those are console screenshots? The lightning alone seems to be PC ultra settings? Are those edited or maybe 4K resolution?

I play on PC on ultra settings using 1080P and have to say that those screenshots look better then what I see in my game.

Still would like an answer on this.
  • jimmy_lemmonb14_ESO
    jimmy_lemmonb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just a heads-up for everyone watching your email, invites will continue going out through tomorrow.

So are the invites for today done or are they still going out?
  • ohheynix
    ohheynix

So are the invites for today done or are they still going out?

"Invites will continue going out through tomorrow".
    Meaning, yes they are still going out.
  • Kayotic
    Kayotic
    ✭✭
    I think theyer done haha..
    guess ill be watching gameplay instead of participating >_<. Or should i just wait till june lol
  • drew_inTX
    drew_inTX
    Soul Shriven
    I redeemed my code for PS4, system said I needed to free up space, so I did. Went back to the store and the download screen was gone, it had reverted to store home. Went to library to download, but the option does not exist for this game. What shall I do?
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    Can you share what resolution and what frame rate each version is running? What are the differences for each version (draw distance etc.).

My Wife got a Beta Key for the Xbox One, but we also have a PS4 and would like to try both, but since Beta keys are very limited, I doubt we will be able to try both. We only have a short time to choose since we both qualify for the transfer and buying the game for $20.00. We just want to be able to chose the best version for us.