The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Why keep PTS up when there's no major update in the pipeline?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I mean, what's the point of keeping PTS online with an outdated build?
Either
1) Always make the PTS one build ahead of live
2) Shut down PTS except for when a major update is due (as many others do)
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that the pts stays up. I can still go on there and test some things. It's just easier to have a friend make a template char so we can duel each other, instead of leveling different chars on live on separate factions.
    King of Beasts

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can try out content they are not high enough to otherwise.

Or test create characters so they don't complain about the delete limit. o:)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    What does it matter if it's kept up? Some people obviously like it and it hurts no one.

• Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    I like that the pts stays up. I can still go on there and test some things. It's just easier to have a friend make a template char so we can duel each other, instead of leveling different chars on live on separate factions.

This.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    We like to use it for duelling within the guild. (We're AD only)
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great place for experimenting with different builds. You know, "play test".
    Also, it's the only place where you can find a consistently lag free Cyrodiil for small scale PvP. You don't need to be constrained by the rules for campaign changes, and you can pick your faction freely.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I test there at least 3-4 times a week. We do need an update though. It's far behind now.
    Edited by Sacadon on May 11, 2015 12:08AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    What does it matter if it's kept up? Some people obviously like it and it hurts no one.

it segrigates the current population in the actual version.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.