Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are Xbox1 and PS4 players locked out from playing with PC players? ONE BIG MEGASERVER FOR ALL!!!

• JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    How did FF14:ARR do it with their PC/PS3 players? I can't quite remember.

they wanted Microsoft as well but Microsoft said no so they didn't come out on Xbox.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Its too hard and costs money" if it was free and easy Zeni would be all over it.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame the console companies. Microsoft especially are very childish about Xbox sharing servers with anyone.

Soooo I'll be over here on my pc. Kthanks.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO...
    Security + microsoft/playstation networks.
    PC users would compromise the console networks.
    Console users dont have to contend with client hax....so server code can probably run on client and restore network performance.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not terribly interested in the idea of playing Cyrodiil cross-platform using a controller versus macro-running micro-DPI gaming mice and gamepads.

I think that one of the strongest benefits of consoles is that developers can guarantee what the hardware is going to be for all participants, and everyone stands on more equal footing as far as draw distances, etc. These can have huge effects on performance overall, and a more uniform system makes for a more competitive environment in PVE and PvP.

I quit trying to compete on PC a LONG time ago due to all of these discrepancies in hardware and hardware support, personally.

Plus, I really don't want to deal with spam, something which I just don't experience on consoles. Gold sellers, guild advertisements, even trade spam by players is far less potent and in-your face on consoles.

This ^
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kublakan wrote: »
    Why ESO with two mega server on PC would shrink? That will never happen, not after many years and the game gets old.

I would say that the PC/Mac version of ESO is already growing "old" in the sense that it's on the decline and might already have too few players to be profitable, but we'll see. Good things may still happen, and I would be happy to be proven wrong, but the PC/Mac game is not looking healthy to me.

I'm going to say it apears this way atm because there holding new content till after console is out. most people I know who played all the time rarely log on since 1.6 due to end game being stale.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some in this thread have guessed, our megaservers are separated based on requirements from Microsoft and Sony. We understand our players' desire to play across platforms, but it isn’t possible to allow for Xbox and PlayStation to play on the same server. As such, we’ve given each console, as well as PC/Mac, its own megaserver to allow for the best possible balance. This goal of balance across platforms is also to maintain fairness in PvP environments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aiden_Dark wrote: »
    Hi! I just wanted to ask why was the decision made to have players form consoles (Xbox One, PS4) playing on different servers than PC players? Was it due to technical or managements reasons? I truly believe that having different servers for Xbox One, PS4 and PC players is a HUGE MISTAKE since instead of one big growing community you're going to have three small, shrinking and isolated communities that are going to get diluted once the PC to console transfers are done. I know that from a technical aspect it can be done since we've had MMOs before that have shared servers between console and PC (FF11 was on PS2, Xbox360 and PC; FF14 is on PS4 and PC). I've heard that it may be to allow console players a head start to play without the interference from high level PC players but in any case the benefits from that are negligible when compared to playing alone on empty servers because everyone is isolated from one another. I highly encourage you to please reconsider while there's still time and allow ESO to grow and prosper as ONE BIG COMMUNITY ON THE SAME MEGASERVVER where everyone can adventure with each other no matter if you are on console or PC. Thanks!!!

Um, for PvP I say lol...NO. If you want that crap in PVE that's fine. But as a PC user don't expect me to group with you. Ya see, I PLAYED FF14 with Sony console players. They don't want to get in teamspeak, ventrilo or any other voice comms. Strike one. They also moved in weird and erratic ways on the screen compared to the perfectly fine and smooth PC players. Strike 2.
    I wish ZoS would redo the craptastic UI (that's made for conoles) on the PC version. Strike 3.

Take your console stuff somewhere else. Not trying to be rude. Just saying, it's a BAD idea to mix the 2.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Hi! I just wanted to ask why was the decision made to have players form consoles (Xbox One, PS4) playing on different servers than PC players? Was it due to technical or managements reasons? I truly believe that having different servers for Xbox One, PS4 and PC players is a HUGE MISTAKE since instead of one big growing community you're going to have three small, shrinking and isolated communities that are going to get diluted once the PC to console transfers are done. I know that from a technical aspect it can be done since we've had MMOs before that have shared servers between console and PC (FF11 was on PS2, Xbox360 and PC; FF14 is on PS4 and PC). I've heard that it may be to allow console players a head start to play without the interference from high level PC players but in any case the benefits from that are negligible when compared to playing alone on empty servers because everyone is isolated from one another. I highly encourage you to please reconsider while there's still time and allow ESO to grow and prosper as ONE BIG COMMUNITY ON THE SAME MEGASERVVER where everyone can adventure with each other no matter if you are on console or PC. Thanks!!!

Um, for PvP I say lol...NO. If you want that crap in PVE that's fine. But as a PC user don't expect me to group with you. Ya see, I PLAYED FF14 with Sony console players. They don't want to get in teamspeak, ventrilo or any other voice comms. Strike one. They also moved in weird and erratic ways on the screen compared to the perfectly fine and smooth PC players. Strike 2.
    I wish ZoS would redo the craptastic UI (that's made for conoles) on the PC version. Strike 3.

Take your console stuff somewhere else. Not trying to be rude. Just saying, it's a BAD idea to mix the 2.
    I've played FFXI for 11 years with console players and FFXIV for 4+ years with console players and can say without hesitation .. you're spouting venomous, prejudiced rubbish.

The fact that many FF players are JAPANESE and don't speak a word of English, or at best very broken English that they themselves are often embarrassed to use in an English-speaking context of course is beyond your comprehension.

I gotta say I often much prefer playing with Japanese players to EU and NA players, they're generally the least toxic in both games; some JPs are bad, yes, but playing in 'western' parties is often a lot worse.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 20, 2015 6:26PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWax wrote: »
    nastuug wrote: »
    How did FF14:ARR do it with their PC/PS3 players? I can't quite remember.

FFXIV ARR is a PS4 exclusive. Quid pro quo, my dear Clarice.

I never got deep into it, but thought they were using a megaserver for PC/Console world.

Doesn't it also cost the publisher silly amounts of money to push constant patches through the dirty LIVE/PSN on consoles?
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks, i don't want PC gamers on my lovely console server, console will have more people playing anyway, we don't need the whiners on our server.
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    As some in this thread have guessed, our megaservers are separated based on requirements from Microsoft and Sony. We understand our players' desire to play across platforms, but it isn’t possible to allow for Xbox and PlayStation to play on the same server. As such, we’ve given each console, as well as PC/Mac, its own megaserver to allow for the best possible balance. This goal of balance across platforms is also to maintain fairness in PvP environments.

Are there really going to be enough players to sustain a good experience for the players though? On PC, Im only in my 3rd zone in Cadwell's silver, and I barely see anyone ever. Imagine that being on console.

I honestly can't imagine console ESO being an enjoyable experience. Of course its purely assumptions on my part, but even on PC it can be a lonely and mundane experience most the time.
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Are there really going to be enough players to sustain a good experience for the players though? On PC, Im only in my 3rd zone in Cadwell's silver, and I barely see anyone ever. Imagine that being on console.

I honestly can't imagine console ESO being an enjoyable experience. Of course its purely assumptions on my part, but even on PC it can be a lonely and mundane experience most the time.

Wait to you get to Caldwell's Gold. There are even fewer people in those zones. I do not expect there to be many console gamers in those zones either.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoopsy wrote: »
    Sony agreed to work with Zenimax on attempting to create one megaserver; however, Microsoft does not want their player base playing with Sony players. This put Zenimax at a crossroads, and instead of showing favor towards one platform, they decided on a multi-megaserver system.

Microsoft doesn't want their playerbase playing with Sony players.

Um ... a little misguided there. Microsoft, since well before Playstation or Xbox even existed, has been a notorious scrouge about cross-compatability between any system of theirs, from their OS software to more specific business-focused programing, like their original register and point of sale terminals.

As an overall company policy, they seem to be very controlling and tight with an of their software access protocals. On the console side, this means we got left out of cross-over games like the EvE Online FPS last gen, etc.

Performance wise, I'm not sure if it would be good or bad for the consoles to attempt to communicate, as despite what fanboi's claim, both consoles (last gen and this) have significant downsides and failings along with their strong points. Most arguments center on framerates and DPI, but controller response time, signal delay and load times also have a huge impact on a versus test.

The same of course can happen between PC and either console, probably to a much larger degree. The difference in performance on various PC's is broad and distinct enough to have pushed me off enjoying competitive PC gaming.

I'd much rather the controlled environments on console.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoopsy wrote: »
    Sony agreed to work with Zenimax on attempting to create one megaserver; however, Microsoft does not want their player base playing with Sony players. This put Zenimax at a crossroads, and instead of showing favor towards one platform, they decided on a multi-megaserver system.

Microsoft doesn't want their playerbase playing with Sony players.

Um ... a little misguided there. Microsoft, since well before Playstation or Xbox even existed, has been a notorious scrouge about cross-compatability between any system of theirs, from their OS software to more specific business-focused programing, like their original register and point of sale terminals.

As an overall company policy, they seem to be very controlling and tight with an of their software access protocals. On the console side, this means we got left out of cross-over games like the EvE Online FPS last gen, etc.

Performance wise, I'm not sure if it would be good or bad for the consoles to attempt to communicate, as despite what fanboi's claim, both consoles (last gen and this) have significant downsides and failings along with their strong points. Most arguments center on framerates and DPI, but controller response time, signal delay and load times also have a huge impact on a versus test.

The same of course can happen between PC and either console, probably to a much larger degree. The difference in performance on various PC's is broad and distinct enough to have pushed me off enjoying competitive PC gaming.

I'd much rather the controlled environments on console.

Yeah I agree. I cannot be competitive at all on Pc because I do not have a good pc build plus I prefer the control environment on consoles. I cannot wait to be able to play this game on consoles.
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that many FF players are JAPANESE and don't speak a word of English, or at best very broken English that they themselves are often embarrassed to use in an English-speaking context of course is beyond your comprehension.

Nobody cares. This is the western MMO. Go play the Asian MMO if you like it better, nobody is attacking you. I've seen a total lack of organization from console players in every game, never mind the harrowing cooperative requirements of a demanding MMO. It has nothing to do with them being JAPANESE.

Edited by dietlime on April 20, 2015 8:43PM
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each platform has mutually incompatible facets of both functional design and licencing requirements.
    Edited by dietlime on April 20, 2015 8:45PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed! hehe

Also, FFXI allowed Xbox 360, PS2 and PC to all play together. It's possible, it's just politics prevent it.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 20, 2015 9:22PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Aiden_Dark
    Dreyloch wrote: »

I've played FFXI for 11 years with console players and FFXIV for 4+ years with console players and can say without hesitation .. you're spouting venomous, prejudiced rubbish.

I gotta say I often much prefer playing with Japanese players to EU and NA players, they're generally the least toxic in both games; some JPs are bad, yes, but playing in 'western' parties is often a lot worse.

Thank you! I was just about to say the same thing :) Also, it's irresponsible to generalize and just blame the platform for a player skills, or lack there off. Sure, there are different tools (m/k, controllers, etc.) on both sides but... I've seen extremely gifted console players that run circles around some PC players and the other way around too.
  • Aiden_Dark

This is my main concern... diluting the player base between three communities can't be good for the overall player experience on any side you end up playing. Unless it's a complete and utter hit on console that it sells millions of copies to be self sufficient in terms of player base but.... highly unlikely based on the install base of both consoles :(
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Sony would play ball if ESO wanted to do that on same server as PC. Unless XBox has some clause with Zeni that it cannot appear on Xbox One unless the PS3 is not able to play with PC either.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AmeliaR - If the issue is just that PS4 and XB1 servers refuse to cross (as you seem to indicate), can you please throw the idea to the developers about one XB1-PC server and one PS4-PC server?

Reasoning being that two servers is better than 3, when it comes to finding friends.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 20, 2015 10:00PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Aiden_Dark

Thanks for the information :) Though I have to say it's a wasted opportunity if it's mainly for political "requirements" of the Xbox and PlayStation networks. A shared community would have given the game a much needed boost and momentum to the player base and community... maybe enough to carry the game for the next couple of years. Oh, well... maybe in the future we will see a new ESO: TAMRIEL UNITED game version with all players from console and PC!!! :wink:
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭

I am surprised Microsoft didn't try and offer you the coin and buy your exclusivity. They been getting whipped in the console mmo space with all of their clauses and stuff.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Aiden_Dark
    Zazaaji wrote: »

@ZOS_AmeliaR - If the issue is just that PS4 and XB1 servers refuse to cross (as you seem to indicate), can you please throw the idea to the developers about one XB1-PC server and one PS4-PC server?

Reasoning being that two servers is better than 3, when it comes to finding friends.

That's a freakintastic idea! ZOS get to work! ONE MEGASERVER FOR... eh, TWO MEGASERVERS FOR ALL!!! :smiley:
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AmeliaR

PSN allows cross play in other titles between ps4 and PC platforms.

DC Universe Online (Confirmed and coming this year) and Final Fantasy are the two I know of.

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahalul wrote: »
    Why?

6iHM9eM.jpg

Why?

It's so easy to cheat on pc, I love cheating on pc games because I'm a terrible player and can't compete otherwise.

I can turn on my lag proggy so my team can WIN!!

If I get caught cheating on pc I just have to buy a new account.

but on console my console gets banned and it's way more expensive to cheat.

/sarcasm

adios cheaters, I'll be on the ps4 in a few months...
    Edited by Dredlord on April 21, 2015 1:57AM