The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sticky: Console Information (PS4 / Xbox One) based on official information - BETA, $20, etc.

NewBlacksmurf
NewBlacksmurf
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Due to the numerous amounts of posts on the forums I thought to create a "Sticky" post that will contain lots of helpful information regarding console interests

**Please Note** ZOS staff has edited and also completely changed some information so please verify anything below before assuming it's still valid (edited 4/26/2015)
Based on current information found on the support articles and not based on assumptions, desires, preferences or third party websites

General:
-The game is set to release on June 9, 2015
-File size - Approx 55 Gig (Disc owners should expect a 15Gig day one update)also see the ZOS article June 5, 2015

Patch Info
Below is a short explanation of what you will need to download if you purchased a digital copy of ESOTU and pre-load the game.

Xbox One
Base Game: This file is approximately 40GB, and is available for pre-load now.
Patches 1.0.0.1 – 1.0.0.3: These files are approximately 15GB, and are available for pre-load now.

PlayStation 4
Base Game: This file is approximately 40GB, and is available for pre-load now.
Patches 01.01 – 01.03: These files are approximately 15GB, and are available for pre-load now.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1752849/#Comment_1752849
ZOS_JasonLeavey wrote:
You'll be able to update the console beta client come launch day to avoid redownloading the entire game. Hope this helps!
*Console versions of the game are shareable, tradeable, etc. as with other console games. Make sure to read and understand your console's specific features and limitations as those do apply.
-Both Xbox One and PS4 versions are available for digital pre-order on the console stores (updated for Xbox one on 5/22)

-PS4, Xbox One players will not be on the same servers.
*-Xbox One and PS4 players will have NOT the option too use a keyboard to chat in certain cases (Console versions of the game will also provide limited input by USB-connected keyboards for features not already supported by voice chat or controller input.)
*Watch the video from the live twitch feed on the bottom*
*Resolution - ZOS confirmation '' on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are 30 FPS and 1080p resolution.

-PC/MAC will not be able to play on any cross servers with any PS4 or Xbox One players
-The game will be for sale in the respective console stores for digital copies (and pre-order) at the regular price
-The retail copy (disc) will also be available at participating stores
-There are $20 versions of the game for customers who qualify to transfer their PC version to PS4 or Xbox One. These will show up after logging into your account (on this website) and go into the store to make the purchase. This is the same game as retail BUT the retail versions do not include an account copy from PC to Xbox One or PS4.
-The Account Copy will occur on/around June 1, 2015 (after its complete another email will be sent to provide a code to use to get the game on Xbox One or PS4)
based on recent info, console copy pre-orders will not get codes until June 8th
While we don't have an exact time, you can expect these to be ready on June 8th in the early afternoon (eastern time). We'll send out an email to everyone eligible as soon as they're ready!

*If you have questions be sure to go to the support topics first - https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/list/kw/console/sno/1/search/1/session/L3RpbWUvMTQyOTAxOTIzOS9zaWQvcFBRcXJSam0=

The Xbox one headset (some similarities to PS4)

In general there are a few channels that must be on to hear and talk where settings allow a two channel simultaneous interaction where possible. In order to use a channel settings will allow you to turn on/off certain channels. If your channel is off you will not hear anyone or be able to speak to anyone.

On Xbox you can also use the mute button on the controller which mimics a push to talk experience but where the button toggles on/off the mic only but you can always hear others.

Channels are:
1 Proximity chat
2 group chat
3 guild chat (can have other channels to host up to 100 ppl within a guild up to 5)
4 guild officer chat
*5 party chat (non game specific)

Channel 1 works only where you're within 20-25 yards of another player when their in the channel too (white indicator)

Channel 2 works only when grouped (blue indicator) but also works in any distance limited to factions and works with channel 1

Channel 3 works when on where other guild members are on too. This channel per Ps4 players does not or may not work with channel 1 although it seems to be a bug and not intended for logic reasons

Channel 4 is like guild but for officers only and only available when guild permission allows

Channel 5 is specific to console options and outside of game where typically all other channels will not be hear BUT the game color indicators will identify if another player is speaking on screen

Radial Chat Info:

5/28/15

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/28/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-comes-to-ps4-in-two-weeks/

Posted by Jessica Folsom on May 28, 2015 // Community Manager, ZeniMax Online Studios

The Quick Chat System
At launch, the console versions of ESOTU will feature a Quick Chat system. This system will allow you to select from a collection of premade phrases to quickly communicate with other players around you. You set them to your shortcuts just like you would a consumable item. Once you’ve assigned the Quick Chat phrase to your shortcut wheel, you simply hold down Right on the D-Pad, then use the R-Stick to choose one.
When you use a Quick Chat phrase, it will appear as a text chat bubble, visible to those around you along with an emote. Below are a few screenshots of the Quick

Chat system in action.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on PS4
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on PS4The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on PS4

You can have a total of eight Quick Chat phrases on your shortcut bar at a time.
There are currently 22 Quick Chat phrases you can choose from, all of which are localized into English, French, and German.

We do plan to add more over time, based upon the requests of the ESOTU community.

***Research that is pending, will not transfer over and based on some forum replies any items deleted will not be restored on console
I interpret this applies to anything deleted on PC which is like starting research where the gold and the item are deleted pending completion of the research

EDIT (5/27/15 2:25pm EST)
ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
Hey there everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience with this. After testing the character copy for console, we found that in-progress crafting research will indeed copy over to the console version of ESOTU for those taking part in the character copy. Since ESO Plus does not transfer during this process, you may notice a difference in the time remaining, as the 10% reduction in time will not transfer. That said, if you choose to become an ESO Plus member on the console, the 10% reduction will apply to your research again.

We hope this helps clear up what you can expect to see upon logging in with your character at launch!

Old info...that may or may not apply to other situation outside of research:
ZOS_GaryAZOS_GaryA
admin

"Upon completion of the account copy, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support team will be unable to restore any characters or items that may have been deleted from the PC/Mac account prior to the transfer."

Is there a chance things will magically disappear? Like my gold? And ZOS is just going to say "Soooorrrry :trollface: "

Long story short: The deleted items database isn't getting moved to the console megaservers. If you delete an item or a character prior to the transfer, we can restore it on the PC, but not on your console.

Example:
Bob the Nightblade is created on May 28th, but I decide I don't like how he looks, so I delete him. On June 9th, I decide I really liked Bob and would like to play him on my console. Bob can be restored on the PC, but can't be restored on the console.

Hope that helps!
10:59AM
Staff Post

Pre-Download info:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1769762/#Comment_1769762

ZOS_AmeliaR
ZOS_AmeliaR
admin
Players who preorder ESOTU through either the Xbox Marketplace or PlayStation Store will be able to pre-download the game prior to its June 9 release. Additionally, PC/Mac players who are eligible for and purchase the transfer to console will be able to pre-download. If you pre-ordered or purchase a copy of ESOTU for consoles from a retailer, you will not be able to pre-download. It's also worth noting that unlike the PC/Mac beta client, which was able to be updated on launch day to the live version, the beta client for consoles cannot be updated in this way; rather, players will require a fresh install / new client when the live version is available (either for pre-download or from a retail purchase). Hope this helps clarify!

ZOS_AmeliaR
ZOS_AmeliaR
admin

wrote: »
» show previous quotes

So those of us who did the console transfer, the game will show up as purchased on the Xbox Marketplace or PlayStation Store and we just download it from there? I ask because the console transfer never once took me to the console store

If you purchased the PC/Mac to console transfer, you'll receive an e-mail in the coming weeks with instructions on exactly how the transfer works and any instructions you need to follow. You'll also receive a digital code that will allow you to access the game on the console you selected. Keep an eye on your e-mail for that information!

Account copy email
Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy.

Your account will be copied from PC/Mac to console on June 1, 2015, at 10AM EDT. Shortly after your account is copied from PC/Mac to the console of your choice, you will receive your digital game code for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

In preparation for this transfer, please take note of the following:

This is an account copy. Once the copy is complete, your PC characters as well as your console characters will not share any items or progression. They will exist independently of one another.

All entitlements will carry over, including Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack benefits.

ESO Plus membership status will not carry over. You will need to re-enroll in ESO Plus on your console.

Crowns will not transfer from PC/Mac to console. Any crowns left in your Crown Balance will remain on your PC character. Any items purchased with crowns will transfer to the console version.

Besides crowns, the following will also not transfer: Mail, Guilds, Guild Banks, Friends List, Ignore List, Leaderboards, and Campaign Status.

Upon completion of the account copy, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support team will be unable to restore any characters or items that may have been deleted from the PC/Mac account prior to the transfer.

If you have any questions about The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy, please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com.

Crowns on Console:

HOW WILL PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE USERS ACCESS THE ESO STORE WHEN THEY WANT TO BUY CROWNS?
Updated 05/05/2015 11:49 AM Published 01/21/2015 08:07 AM
Players who wish to purchase Crowns to use in the in-game Crown Store will be able to do so via their home consoles using the Xbox Live Marketplace or PlayStation Store. Crown purchases at The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store will only work with the PC/Mac version of the game.

Imperial Edition
WILL THERE BE COLLECTOR’S EDITIONS FOR CONSOLE VERSIONS OF THE GAME? WHAT WILL THEY INCLUDE?
Updated 05/01/2015 12:10 PM Published 06/06/2013 04:33 PM
Our "Collector's Edition" is called the Imperial Edition. Players can now pre-order the physical console Imperial Edition (PS4/Xbox One) through participating retailers worldwide. Please click here and select a platform to see a list of retailers.

Below is a detailed list of what comes with the physical Imperial Edition:

This limited edition provides the full game along with this exclusive collection:

Molag Bal Statue: A 12" statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement.
The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar Flaccus Terentius.
Physical Map of Tamriel: A 21" x 26" printed map detailing Alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil.
Steelbook™ Packaging: A limited edition Steelbook™ decorated in the color of the Imperials.
Exclusive Collection of Digital Content:

Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
White Imperial Horse: Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with speed.
Mudcrab Vanity Pet: Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet by the player's side.
Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when they play together.

BETA:

-In order to have been considered for console BETA, you needed to have applied separately months ago in order to be considered. Buying the $20 game and/or having applied and participated in the PC BETA did not identify you as a console BETA applicant for ps4 or xbox one. If you did apply but think you've been omitted or maybe used the wrong email address, please contact support - https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask

As of 4/22/15
Console beta invitations will be sent in waves throughout the day, so keep an eye on your inbox. We thank everyone for their patience and their interest in the ESOTU console beta!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/04/22/the-esotu-console-beta-starts-tomorrow

When will I know if I'm invited to participate in beta?

Beta applicants who have not received one yet, don't worry! Whenever we send a batch of invites, we will make an announcement on our website as well as our social channels ( Facebook...
Date Updated: 04/14/2015

When will beta testing for consoles begin?
Updated 03/16/2015 11:19 AM Published 06/05/2013 03:55 PM

Beta testing for the console versions of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will start at a later date. We will make an announcement when we send out the invitations.

I haven’t received an activation e-mail after signing up for the console beta.

Console beta applicants should be sure to check their spam folders or promotions tabs. They should also add noreply@elderscrollsonline.com...
Date Updated: 03/17/2015

Buying the PC to PS4 or Xbox One transfer

Will I have full access to the game on my console if I buy the game and purchase the console transfer?
Updated 04/09/2015 11:43 AM Published 06/04/2014 02:02 PM

Players who purchased the PC / Mac game either from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store or from a retailer and activated their game code by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) are able to purchase the console transfer (for $20.00 USD or €14,99 Euro or £12.99 GBP) between April 9, 2015 and May 9, 2015 and enjoy the full Tamriel experience on console.

Please note, the release date for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on console is June 9, 2015.

Does the Console Transfer Offer move my PC / Mac account and associated characters permanently to the designated console version?
Updated 03/16/2015 11:22 AM Published 06/18/2014 10:47 AM
No. This offer will simply take an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicate it. From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate. Progress made on one account will not affect the progress made on the other account.

If I am a European player who plays on the North American server on PC/Mac, will I be able to purchase a console transfer to the European console megaserver?
Updated 04/09/2015 11:35 AM Published 01/28/2015 11:36 AM

Yes. When a player purchases a console transfer, all their characters are moved to both the North American and European console megaservers.

I'm eligible for the PC/Mac to console transfer. Why don't I see the option to transfer to PlayStation 4?

Updated 04/10/2015 03:13 PM Published 04/10/2015 01:41 PM

Players who are eligible for the console transfer offer should be aware that transfers to PlayStation 4 are only available to those who reside within the regions of SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) and SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe). Players residing in countries not listed below are not eligible to transfer from PC/Mac to PlayStation 4, but may still transfer to Xbox One.

SCEA Region
Argentina
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Colombia
Mexico
Peru
United States

SCEE Region
Australia
Austria
Bahrain
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Kuwait
Lebanon
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom

I purchased the console transfer. How do I download the game?

Updated 04/09/2015 11:11 AM Published 04/07/2015 12:49 PM

Players who purchased The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy will receive instructions on downloading the game client via e-mail before the launch of the console version of the game.

If I transfer from PC/Mac to console, will all my items transfer with me?
Updated 04/13/2015 08:53 AM Published 01/28/2015 11:02 AM

Players who take advantage of the PC/Mac-to-console transfer will have the following included in the transfer:

Characters (in the same state) copied over the selected console servers (both EU and NA)
Items (equipped to characters, in the inventory, and in the bank)

The following will not carry over from PC/Mac accounts to console accounts as part of the transfer:

Crowns
Mail
Guilds
Friends
Ignore list
Trading house
Raid leaderboards status
AvA leaderboard status
Deleted Items
Deleted Characters

Players should therefore make sure to retrieve all items from their in-game mail shortly before the transfer takes place, as items not yet retrieved will not be transferred.

Will I be able to specify for what console I will want my character to be transferred to?
Updated 04/09/2015 11:50 AM Published 06/04/2014 02:02 PM

Yes. Eligible customers are able to specify the console format of their choice when purchasing a console transfer from The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store. In addition, players can purchase both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the transfer and move their characters to both if they wish.

When will I get my console code after I take advantage of the transfer offer?

Updated 04/09/2015 11:51 AM Published 06/04/2014 04:34 PM

Players who have purchased a console transfer should keep an eye on their e-mail for more information on the account copy process as well as their digital game code.

Other helpful threads where ZOS staff has responded
-Console BETA survey email...
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/164771/console-beta-survey-email-havent-received-it#latest
We're looking into this now, but for the record, anyone who signed up for console beta should have received a survey. It wasn't random. ;)

-PC to Console copy regular....
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/164705/pc-to-console-copy-reguarding-crown-store#latest
Hi there, @jchini! Yes, items you purchase on the Crown Store will transfer with you (provided they're equipped, in your Collections tab, in your inventory, or your personal bank).

-Just got my transfer to console email.....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/163987/just-got-my-transfer-to-console-email/p6

B---- wrote: »
» show previous quotes

Hmmm I went trough the tread and didn't find anything about it. I'm really happy with this move from ESO, I just would love to be able to buy the PS4 transfer.

Hey everyone. For those seeing only the Xbox One transfer option and not the PlayStation 4 option, this is due to your country of residence not being included in the SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) and SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) regions. Please refer to this knowledge base article for a list of the countries that are eligible for the transfer to PS4.

-ZOS Oversight on the Console transfer...
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/159062/zos-oversight-on-the-console-offer-or-intentional#latest
Hey everyone. We are actually in the process of updating the knowledge base articles mentioned in this thread. As explained in the articles as they are now, our initial plans for the PC/Mac-to-console transfer would have only allowed players to transfer from the North American PC/Mac server to the North American console server of their choice (or from the European PC/Mac server to the European console server of their choice). while we haven't locked down the details just yet, we are working towards making it so that the server you play on currently (on PC/Mac) won't limit your server options if you choose to take advantage of the transfer offer.

Info about Console "not" launching with text chat

You gotta watch it...
Watch live video from zenimaxonlinestudios on www.twitch.tv

Start around 46:00 to 1:20:00
The keyboard chat falls somewhere around *52:00 as there are a lot of question but the keyboard chat part is at this part.
AND 1:21:00

The radial part you ask about is at 1:23:00 and they will be on the emote wheel.

anytime you miss one...its usually up right away or ppl put it on YouTube too but the next is scheduled for May 8th

***If I may have overlooked your specific question, please go here first ***

- https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/list/kw/console/sno/1/search/1/session/

[Moderator Note: Edited title per our rules on spamming]
Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 5, 2015 8:35PM
-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made lots of edits and updates to keep current
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it sticky tho? Drop some syrup on it?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^LOL (the button is gone)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im honestly curious. What does sticky mean? It sticks with you?
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great subsumption. I hope that some of the questions will be answered soon, so you can add that information into your summary as well.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont get sticky here, but you should post this in this section:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/player-guides
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A Sticky is a forum thread that moderators have pinned to the top of the forum so it does not fade away under new topics.

This thread has not been stickied, but think the OP desires for it to be.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

A Sticky is a forum thread that moderators have pinned to the top of the forum so it does not fade away under new topics.

This thread has not been stickied, but think the OP desires for it to be.

Thank you and yes
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    Wont get sticky here, but you should post this in this section:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/player-guides

Why would the post go there? This is all pre-Release information.
    Is that where this should be as there are no other console related posts there ....
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf Because it is a player created guide.

There's even a sticky in that forum section that would be great to get ZAM to add this to.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    @NewBlacksmurf Because it is a player created guide.

There's even a sticky in that forum section that would be great to get ZAM to add this to.

Thanks
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok posted this over to the other thread as suggested
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated..
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)

[/quote]
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of that last insanely long URL, use this: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/list/kw/console/sno/1/search/1/session/

It's the same thing, but without all your referal IDs/sites, session stats, etc attached.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 16, 2015 9:25PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks...updated
    Hey everyone,

We wanted to provide an update on keyboard support for the console version of ESOTU. Unfortunately, the message I posted in this thread yesterday was based on our development plans from earlier in the year, which included keyboard support for chat. However, keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game. You will be able to use a keyboard for text entry in areas such as guild naming, etc., but not for chatting. Mouse support is not planned for the console version of ESOTU.

As things change in development, we definitely try our best to stay on top of those changes to keep you in the loop, but we know that misinformation can be frustrating. Again, we apologize for the confusion.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping there is a massive feedback negative on the lack of keyboard text chatting on Consoles during their more open beta.

Also, if you run
    /script function IsInGamepadPreferredMode() return true end
    on PC, you'll see there is Mail and Voice Chat, nothing at all mentioned about Text Chat.

It's possible there will still be keyboard support for mail, but it really looks like they completely removed all local/whisper/zone/lfg/trade text chats entirely so far.

Not good Zos, not good. I Will cancel my pre-order if that turns out to be the case, guarantee it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't believe that keyboard chat is a good option on console.
    Now...I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense but personally a few of the problems that PC has will not be issues on console when text chat and zone chat "text" isn't an option.

1. people will use queue's
    2. people can't spam zone chat
    3. the game gets to "work" as intended based on all the UI efforts

*trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity. Lets see how this works out
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 18, 2015 1:20AM
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't believe that keyboard chat is a good option on console.
    Now...I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense but personally a few off the problems that PC has will not be issues on console when text chat and zone chat "text" isn't an option.

1. people will use queue's
    2. people can't spam zone chat
    3. the game gets to "work" as intended based on all the UI efforts

It's an MMO, that's my problem. People that can't or don't have any form of microphone that works on their system are completely 100% screwed out of luck.

....at least that's how it seems so far. I'll need to wait for (and get in) the beta to see what they do to make up for this before writing off the idea entirely, but really, this is just bizarre.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True but all Xbox One and PS4 consoles come with mics unless its a second hand system.

Its how Destiny works so well. there is the mic groups and the non-mic groups
    and because ZOS didn't' create a chatpad for both to use with each controller, its better left off the table.

Its a nightmare in Neverwinter to try and type text and I have a chatpad - http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Chatpad-Controller-Keyboard-Microsoft-One/dp/B00R95JT56
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 18, 2015 1:25AM
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol "I made a sticky".

I don't think you understand who decides that.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    True but all Xbox One and PS4 consoles come with mics unless its a second hand system.

The issue isn't that people don't have access. The issue is that a lot of people don't want access to voice chat, or want it to be an optional form of communication at the very least.

ESO has quite a lot of RP going on, and I'd wager most of that is just instantly dead when the only way to communicate is voice. You can argue that other games use voice, etc, but those games aren't immersive fantasy games which lend themselves to RPers. Someone else also pointed out that it's going to be a royal pain in Cyrodil due to the number of people.

I don't want my only communication with people in the game to be voice chat. If that is the case I will not play. I do not do any content that require voice chat coordination. I will not leave voice chat enabled (I don't for any game. You think the trolls and other jerks are bad over TEXT? People with background music playing, people yelling, babies crying...), and thus I'm being told that I may as well wait for Skyrim to get ported to XBox One, because I wont be able to socialize anyway.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »

The issue isn't that people don't have access. The issue is that a lot of people don't want access to voice chat, or want it to be an optional form of communication at the very least.

ESO has quite a lot of RP going on, and I'd wager most of that is just instantly dead when the only way to communicate is voice. You can argue that other games use voice, etc, but those games aren't immersive fantasy games which lend themselves to RPers. Someone else also pointed out that it's going to be a royal pain in Cyrodil due to the number of people.

I don't want my only communication with people in the game to be voice chat. If that is the case I will not play. I do not do any content that require voice chat coordination. I will not leave voice chat enabled (I don't for any game. You think the trolls and other jerks are bad over TEXT? People with background music playing, people yelling, babies crying...), and thus I'm being told that I may as well wait for Skyrim to get ported to XBox One, because I wont be able to socialize anyway.

respectfully...at this time then it would seem the PS4 and Xbox One versions are not for you.
    If you're not familiar with XBox One there are quite the extent of voice chat options filters and the sort.

What you share has not been the experience on Xbox One.
    I've played pretty much any and everyone online game sine launch and IF I run into an issue, I can handle it on my end in seconds. Text doesn't give those options unfortunately which is why I prefer XBox One over PC now
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I do have an XBox one, and I know what you mean. It's easy to volume control people, mute certain people and all that... but that all happens on a group level. A handful of players. My communications in game are not limited to groups. In fact, I'm rarely in one. Thus the problem. ESO is an MMO. How many people are in zone chat at any given time? Managing that list is going to be nowhere near as easy as managing voice in a Destiny group.

As to "it would seem the PS4 and Xbox One versions are not for you", yes, that's kind of the point of people being upset about the voicechat only news. I want to play on console so I can be laid back, relaxing on my couch playing ESO on a 60" screen. The casual players dream come true. But wait...voice chat only? No RP? No playing quietly while my SO is napping on the other couch? Suddenly the main multiplayer aspect is shifted to coordinated group efforts...what brought voice chat to multiplayer games to begin with. Except some of us casual players don't give a crap about going all Rainbow Six on the mic just to run through a dungeon we've done 20+ times already anyway. We're actually inconvenienced by it.

Thus being the dilemma... Casual players lured in, then told partway through the *limited time window* that it's not going to be our cup of tea. I already paid for this. I gave myself a few days to think about it, saw a mod say there would be keyboard chat... and now this. Yeah, some of us are not happy with the news.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to clarify why my stance on Voice Chat is a negative one: My accent is incredibly thick still, and when actually speaking I am told usually at least 4 times to repeat what I said simply because native English speakers cannot understand me.

Typing alleviates all those issues, which is why I really need typing for any multiplayer game I play.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have an XBox one, and I know what you mean. It's easy to volume control people, mute certain people and all that... but that all happens on a group level. A handful of players. My communications in game are not limited to groups. In fact, I'm rarely in one. Thus the problem. ESO is an MMO. How many people are in zone chat at any given time? Managing that list is going to be nowhere near as easy as managing voice in a Destiny group.

As to "it would seem the PS4 and Xbox One versions are not for you", yes, that's kind of the point of people being upset about the voicechat only news. I want to play on console so I can be laid back, relaxing on my couch playing ESO on a 60" screen. The casual players dream come true. But wait...voice chat only? No RP? No playing quietly while my SO is napping on the other couch? Suddenly the main multiplayer aspect is shifted to coordinated group efforts...what brought voice chat to multiplayer games to begin with. Except some of us casual players don't give a crap about going all Rainbow Six on the mic just to run through a dungeon we've done 20+ times already anyway. We're actually inconvenienced by it.

Thus being the dilemma... Casual players lured in, then told partway through the *limited time window* that it's not going to be our cup of tea. I already paid for this. I gave myself a few days to think about it, saw a mod say there would be keyboard chat... and now this. Yeah, some of us are not happy with the news.

Voice Chat
    -They have shared its an opt in/ opt out system
    -the voice chat system as mentioned on their twitch live behaves based on distance so i would imagine that you can just select a person and activate voice chat, invite them into a group to chat, and even chat with a few like "/s" if you're close together based on some limitations.
    -don't look at it like zone chat because the console system doesn't work that way

Not for you/Casual play
    -I play 100% on my couch on a 55 inc TV since Nov 2013. if you have Pinnacle I'd be glad to share my profile with you
    -other topics...give it a try if you've purchased it or if you get BETA access. that's all I can say
    -I think you're trying to make long terms decisions with a very limited information.
    Give yourself a chance to get all the facts :-)
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    -I think you're trying to make long terms decisions with a very limited information.
    Give yourself a chance to get all the facts :-)

I appreciate the input, but it boils down to having social restrictions and not being able to RP without sounding like I'm LARPing in my own living room. It isn't that those things are necessary, it's that I can't see committing myself to console with those limitations. This game takes a huge time investment, doubly so with champion points, and I can't see maintaining both accounts.

It all hinges on a rather silly/minor limitation that was actually an about-face on dev plans. That's why it's frustrating. Now it's back to praying that they port the controller support to the PC version...which no one's heard anything about last I checked.

No keyboard support on console, no controller support on PC...yeah, it's frustrating.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    no controller support on PC...yeah, it's frustrating.

Forgot where they mention it, but they confirmed that full gamepad + console ui support will come for pc "after console release".

• Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    no controller support on PC...yeah, it's frustrating.

Forgot where they mention it, but they confirmed that full gamepad + console ui support will come for pc "after console release".

That is literally the best news I've heard this year. I've not yet found a comfortable way to use the mouse on the couch, and the current UI with XPadder is just...painfully slow.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xithian Have you tried Pinnacle?
    I feel as though it responds faster IMO....I think you can try it for free to test the response time